PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dramatic change to WR Corps?

I don’t think he's even been on the injury report outside on his recent concussion. He just looks washed.
The first injury report should come out today.
I don't know if Bill really did let Jakobi walk because he was Team Mac last year or if he truly is this bad at evaluating receivers.
I think it was more the absolutely brain-dead ending of the Raiders game.

This season is over. Waste no resources "improving the team" for this year. Put the younger players in for purposes of evaluation. We know JJSS and Parker are worthless (This has been obvious for some time, but some inexplicably have chosen and still choose to pretend otherwise). These asinine vendettas Bill keep implementing have got to stop.

Now that I think of it, probably the whole Bill thing has to end. As I listen to and read commentary from all quarters, it's pretty clear nearly everyone is just trying to suss out how and exactly when we get rid of the guy. Some are just being more honest about it than others. I understand such thinking is painful, but it is necessary. Bill is done; he's toast. Let's cut to the chase and implement the exit plan, starting now. Then we can move on to the happier task of planning all the "Thanks, Bill" extravaganzas, if he's interested.

If he didn't get a concussion on Sunday I'd be shocked. If a single play, no matter how insanely terrible it was, was enough for Bill to determine a guy's future then I still hate it

This season is over. Waste no resources "improving the team" for this year. Put the younger players in for purposes of evaluation. We know JJSS and Parker are worthless (This has been obvious for some time, but some inexplicably have chosen and still choose to pretend otherwise). These asinine vendettas Bill keep implementing have got to stop.

Now that I think of it, probably the whole Bill thing has to end. As I listen to and read commentary from all quarters, it's pretty clear nearly everyone is just trying to suss out how and exactly when we get rid of the guy. Some are just being more honest about it than others. I understand such thinking is painful, but it is necessary. Bill is done; he's toast. Let's cut to the chase and implement the exit plan, starting now. Then we can move on to the happier task of planning all the "Thanks, Bill" extravaganzas, if he's interested.
So glad we doubled down on Parker this offseason. Good thing Bill made it a priority to keep him around.

It doesn't matter how speedy your receivers are if you have no time to throw it because of the o-line.
The wet paper bag offensive line is the biggest problem and weakness on this team….Bill did a horrible job not addressing this in offseason. Like you said… unless you have a guy like Hill where you can just chuck it out there and he runs under it….. wide receivers would struggle here as well because there is a millisecond to get the ball out before the defense is on top of the quarterback… You can’t blame Mac for everything bad with O …. and I think he’s kind of gotten a raw deal from fans and media since coming here

More to the point: Bill is a lousy evaluator of offensive talent...PERIOD. People who refuse to acknowledge this are just fools. Sorry, but c'mon.

Go five wide, ball out if hand in in three steps, dink and dunk all the way down the field, getting the ball to the speedy wide-outs hands on the run. It’s worth a shot, nothing else is working.
You are right… That’s the Brady 2001 to 2004 offense and it worked brilliantly

It doesn't matter how speedy your receivers are if you have no time to throw it because of the o-line.
Fine, but the fact that your O-line blows in no way contradicts that the receivers also blow, which is an obvious fact. Both facts, more importantly, are attributable to abysmal, unprofessionsl incompetence on the part of the GM. Let the new GM deal with both problems (and others): Bill is clearly not competent to do so.

I'm tired of this take.
JT O'Sullivan did a video on Mac after the Cowboys game. Go watch it.
Even in that disaster, Mac was making very tight/timing passes.
Sure, he made mistakes, but when given a clean pocket (hardly ever), and when WR's get in their spots (not often), he can throw with anticipation and accuracy. FAR MORE than what Zappe showed last week.
In all honesty Mac has never had a decent offensive line since he’s been here… He also hasn’t had many weapons at least in our offense….. since he came here. He had the Newton year, which was a waste…..and then the mess of an offense (and playcalling) last year…..and now a crappy OL and poor talent at WR again this year…. I think it’s hard to make any real assessment about the guy based on what he’s dealt with here

In all honesty Mac has never had a decent offensive line since he’s been here… He also hasn’t had many weapons at least in our offense….. since he came here. He had the Newton year, which was a waste…..and then the mess of an offense (and playcalling) last year…..and now a crappy OL and poor talent at WR again this year…. I think it’s hard to make any real assessment about the guy based on what he’s dealt with here
I agree with this completely. If I had to guess based on the corrupt data we have to this point whether Mac is worth the investment of a long-term contract at this point, I would guess no. But the fact that BIll has made it essentially impossible by his own ill-temper and incompetence to get a fair, legit evaluation of Mac is just infuriating. It is a fireable offense in my mind, frankly, and not the only one. It's over.

That is not NEARLY enough of a basis on which to base Bill's fireably stupid evaluation and subsequent actions re this excellent player. What? He got into a snit and got rid of him on an emotional basis? Gimme a f'n break. Professional coaches and GM's are not that childish.

Dougl
We need exactly the opposite.

We need max protect and have more protection for Mac.

Bourne, Henry and Douglas can have lots of production if there is better protection.
Douglas in in protocol, who knows for how long.. so Thornton, Bourne and Boutte should IMO get the opportunity. With possible Reagor strictly for a speed aspect. On the other side of the ball.. maybe mills needs to be more at FS than peppers?

I agree with this completely. If I had to guess based on the corrupt data we have to this point whether Mac is worth the investment of a long-term contract at this point, I would guess no. But the fact that BIll has made it essentially impossible by his own ill-temper and incompetence to get a fair, legit evaluation of Mac is just infuriating. It is a fireable offense in my mind, frankly, and not the only one. It's over.
I've been saying this for 2 years.. even patriots die hards like Jules and branch, Rodney have all said it now add mc courty to that mix. Look at the comparison to his Alabama team mates it's a nigh n day comparison to what hurts has to work with, Tua and Mac. Even Brady's greatness I'm convinced couldn't make up for this teams lack of talent at the skill positions.

At this point play Boutte, Douglas, Thornton. See what the guys got. Can't be worse than parker/juju/Bourne.

Not to mention parker/juju/Bourne have no part of this teams future

Lol Looking back at this 3 months later this is just a laughably bad deal. It really is time to take the keys away from grandpa.

It’s almost not worth picking apart. The offense needs an overhaul soup to nuts. There’s nothing worth keeping, they need to start with a QB and a line that won’t get him crucified and build out.

This team never went on a real rebuild and now they’re likely the worst team in football with no positives for the future

Or they get open, like last week and the qb makes errant throws.

It’s almost not worth picking apart. The offense needs an overhaul soup to nuts. There’s nothing worth keeping, they need to start with a QB and a line that won’t get him crucified and build out.

This team never went on a real rebuild and now they’re likely the worst team in football with no positives for the future
It really is crazy I wouldn't be mad about a single offensive player being cut or traded. Goes to show there really isn't much worth keeping on that side of the ball.

Lol Looking back at this 3 months later this is just a laughably bad deal. It really is time to take the keys away from grandpa.

Yet wouldn't pay Meyers...

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back