PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dramatic change to WR Corps?

Love The Drake

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I would try to use this lineup and throw defenses off balance.
Bourne, Thornton, Boutte,Reagor, Parker.
after next week Bourne, Douglas, Thornton, Reagor, Boutte,
Our receiving corps would do from no separation to electric.
I don’t know why we wouldn’t try to take advantage of the speed.
The defense Would have to choice but to respect it.

It doesn't matter how speedy your receivers are if you have no time to throw it because of the o-line.

Jones can't throw deep with NFL coverage.

The safe dink and dunk is his game. The Pharoh Brown broken play vs the Jets is like the days back at Alabama.

I disagree. Watch his college tape; he had zillions of deep passes to the likes of Waddle. Jones can't throw deep as a Patriot because his WRs cannot get open, and he does not have much time in a disintegrating pocket. It is not like he lost his touch when he went to the Patriots. He is demoralized, yes, but he can still throw.

Look at how many time Parker has been targeted deep and how many times he is covered (most of the time). I even saw one play on a deep cross where he slowed down and almost caused an INT. Parker is a flop; no wonder Miami was happy to be rid of him. Bourne is not much better. The Patriots are appalling bad at finding WR talent; why is it that us dumb fans have known this for years, but management has not fixed it?

New OC, new weapons, same WR issues.

Common denominator:
Sacred Cow/Friend of the Program receivers coach
cow GIF

th
th

I disagree. Watch his college tape; he had zillions of deep passes to the likes of Waddle. Jones can't throw deep as a Patriot because his WRs cannot get open, and he does not have much time in a disintegrating pocket. It is not like he lost his touch when he went to the Patriots. He is demoralized, yes, but he can still throw.

Look at how many time Parker has been targeted deep and how many times he is covered (most of the time). I even saw one play on a deep cross where he slowed down and almost caused an INT. Parker is a flop; no wonder Miami was happy to be rid of him. Bourne is not much better. The Patriots are appalling bad at finding WR talent; why is it that us dumb fans have known this for years, but management has not fixed it?
Have to disagree Fred how many of those CBs that Mac Jones was throwing against are in the NFL Today?? Mac ducks hang especially when throwing outside the numbers he's absolutely terrible at it. We saw those flaws in his Rookie year it has carried over. Boney T is going suffer in this Offense because we don't have a QB that can get it to him Deep.

IF Boutte puts up 50yds or more on Sunday. I'm writing the Krafts a detailed letter about moving from BOB enough is enough.

New OC, new weapons, same WR issues.

Common denominator:
Sacred Cow/Friend of the Program receivers coach
cow GIF

th
th
Even Johnnie Cochran from the grave would have a hard time coming up with a defense for Mac...yeah he's that bad.

How many college DBs that Jones faced made it to the NFL? The difference from College to the NFL is night and day.

Jones cannot throw into NFL windows.

Whether you like Mac Jones or not, the reason our receivers aren't catching long passes is not due to them being so great and open and Mac just not hitting them.

None of them are open. Parker has dudes draped all over him. And the OL is giving up 50% pressure rate. Not a recipe for the deep ball.

Anyone with basic football knowledge can see that. Or anyone who watches the game.

We don't need to be disingenuous and pretend our receivers and OL are doing an amazing job to make a point about Mac Jones. We get it he's not the guy. He's probably going to be replaced. But no one is coming to magically save this roster unless talent on OL and receivers dramatically improves.

And this is no defense of Mac Jones. He is in a bad situation. But is making horrible decisions with his head and footwork in that situation.

Whether you like Mac Jones or not, the reason our receivers aren't catching long passes is not due to them being so great and open and Mac just not hitting them.

None of them are open. Parker has dudes draped all over him. And the OL is giving up 50% pressure rate. Not a recipe for the deep ball.
How many times does the color guy covering the Pats game need to comment that Jones should throw the ball NOW.

Romo made reference vs the Bills 2022 that Jones had Henry OPEN but did not throw the ball until it was too late. INT

Just recently, Greg Olsen commented the Jones had Parker OPEN on a 3rd down crossing route for a 1st down and Jones threw too late.

Jones is the problem.

:rolleyes: How many college DBs that Jones faced made it to the NFL? The difference from College to the NFL is night and day.

Jones cannot throw into NFL windows.
Fred should know that...did Mac's balloon come down yet?? Asking for a friend.:rolleyes:

Anyone with basic football knowledge can see that. Or anyone who watches the game.

We don't need to be disingenuous and pretend our receivers and OL are doing an amazing job to make a point about Mac Jones. We get it he's not the guy. He's probably going to be replaced. But no one is coming to magically save this roster unless talent on OL and receivers dramatically improves.

And this is no defense of Mac Jones. He is in a bad situation. But is making horrible decisions with his head and footwork in that situation.
Hence why I want to drastically change the product on the field activating Reagor and having him on the field with Thornton and Douglas people Would have to respect that.

For the posters who mentioned we Dink and dunk well a quick wr can get in those 5 to 8 yd routes faster than Parker and Ju Ju especially if the o line is struggling to give Mac 3 seconds.

How many times does the color guy covering the Pats game need to comment that Jones should throw the ball NOW.

Romo made reference vs the Bills 2022 that Jones had Henry OPEN but did not throw the ball until it was too late. INT

Just recently, Greg Olsen commented the Jones had Parker OPEN on a 3rd down crossing route for a 1st down and Jones threw too late.

Jones is the problem.
That's what the Maccarite can't see you have a certain time to hit that pass window in the NFL. CB's aren't exactly glued to WR 24/7 on the football field. DC's don't have to do much if they just have to o clog the middle of the Field. Boundary WR's just suffer with a QB like Mac up and down the field getting no looks.

Jones is the problem.

Two things can be true. Jones can be bad

And the OL and WR can also be bad. Jones isn't the one making the OL give up 50% pressure rates

Jones is the problem.

yawn..

Jones was getting the ball out within 2 seconds in some of those games, because thats all the offensive line could give him. In one post you slam him for being a dink and dunk, get the ball out quickly quarterback and then the next post youre saying how he doesnt get the ball out quickly enough lol.. you just create narratives to take a dump on him

You can still call out Mac Jones without making things up and trying to elevate the other players around him to make him look worse.. This entire offense is atrocious, you don't even need to be well versed in football to see and understand some of the problems

Mac is bad
WRs are bad (worst separation in the league if i remember right)
Oline is bad (worst rated in league, give up 50%+ pressure rate)
RBs are bad (worst running game in the league I believe?)

but its a domino effect.. Stevenson and Elliot didnt suddenly become bad RBs, the Oline is a huge component of that. Same with the passing game.

We get it, you don't like Mac Jones

Go five wide, ball out if hand in in three steps, dink and dunk all the way down the field, getting the ball to the speedy wide-outs hands on the run. It’s worth a shot, nothing else is working.

Watch his college tape; he had zillions of deep passes to the likes of Waddle.
Some of us have been over this. Bama had a dominant OL and first-rounders on the outside. Fairy tale dominance.

Now the unkind real world is in Mac’s life. He’s not happy. He’s a spoiled punk.

Stepping into throws? That is a pipe dream with Klemm as the line coach backed up by dimwit Yates.

Bring back Popovich! Play Zappe!

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back