PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dowling Injury Woes Continue, Fletcher Remains Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be such Honks. What was the rationale in Vereen over Murray?

Murray played in a better conference had more TD, Yards and Receptions than Vereen in college.

One guy is a star, one guy is a benchwarmer. Also if they took Murray they would not have to have drafted Ridley.

The thing you Patriot honks don't get and its in another thread. Is with Bill's drafting its not an aberration its a trend. Get him out of the 1st round and he misses all the time. He's better with undrafted players than with drafted players. Tate over Wallace is another example. Tate had an ACL injury in college. But yet they took him anyway.

Good comparision with Belichick and Theo when it comes to Free Agency and post first round draft picks. Theo's free agents probably cost the Sox two championships and Bill's poor drafting since 2006 has cost them 2 titles MINIMUM.

I see that it isn't good enough to have to deal with trolls from other teams showing up on our boards. Now we have an alleged home-grown troll.

I wonder what bridge he lives under? :D

Really, so all this pontificating by posters is fact? My fault I thought we were offering opinions. As a frustrated fan its my opinion that a few more hits on the multiple second or third round picks the patriots have had over the past several years would have earned the fan base a couple more trophies. Its also my opinion if you cant do it via the draft, maybe by trade is not a bad option. We have cap space and draft picks, and I do respect your opinion, in your opinion would Jared Allen or Peppers or the like make a difference in the ultimate outcome?

You really shouldn't use big words that you have no idea what they mean. No one was "pontificating".

You are the one who seemed to want some actual discourse, yet you offered up nothing but BS. You offered up no facts for people to contest. So, how can people have a debate with you.

Your contentions have no basis in actual reality. Because, what someone like yourself who insists on using 20/20 hindsight forgets is that, once you make a change to reality, everything else after that change will be different and there is no possible way to predict what that outcome will be.

The problem with you talking about Jared Allen or Julius Peppers is that neither were available at the trade deadline. Not to mention that it's unlikely that either the Bears or the Vikings have the cap space to take the hit of the pro-rated signing bonuses had they traded away Peppers or Allen.

Game changers on the BB watch imho = Brady(1 lombardi away from being the greatest game changer of all time) Seymour, Deion, jury is still out on our current TE's.

So, what you are saying is that you really don't know what a game changer really is. OK. Good to know..

Just an FYI, Deion Branch was never a game changer.

BTW, Bruschi falls under the BB watch because BB was the DC when Bruschi was drafted and it was under BB that Bruschi had his greatest successes.

Mayo is becoming a game changer. McCourty, who is only a sophmore, could develop into a game changer.

He played in 5 games in 2010. Just because he didn't "finish" 3 of them doesn't change that fact. That is different than what you claimed.

Cleveland plays a 4-3 single gap defense with almost no 3-4. The Pats play a hybrid 3-4/4-3. Claiming that the defenses aren't different is like claiming a Frigidaire is the same thing a Samsung because they are both refrigerators..

And in those 3 games he didn't finish he had 0 tackles so I'm assuming he went out pretty early.

Piss poor analogy, pal. In past years I would agree Cleveland's defense isn't like ours. But this year it is more similar.

A little lesson for you since you're so smart. Wanna know how Jauron got his start in the league? As an Assistant under Hank Bullough. Being as smart as you are you're probably aware we use a Fairbanks-Bullough defensive scheme. He was also on one of Tom Coughlin's coaching staffs and I hope I don't need to explain how that plays into this. But for you I will, Belichick and Coughlin come from the same Parcells coaching tree which used the exact same Fairbanks-Bullough defensive scheme that we use.

Don't try and school me, pal. I've been around the block and back.

Last edited:
Its nice to be 5-1 but this team has to improve in lots of areas.Especially on defense.I am not sold yet.

I would agree they need to improve in kick coverage and kick returns and on their pass coverage and a tad on the pass rush. Beyond that, I don't see "LOTS OF AREAS" that need improvement..

You really shouldn't use big words that you have no idea what they mean. No one was "pontificating".

You are the one who seemed to want some actual discourse, yet you offered up nothing but BS. You offered up no facts for people to contest. So, how can people have a debate with you.

Your contentions have no basis in actual reality. Because, what someone like yourself who insists on using 20/20 hindsight forgets is that, once you make a change to reality, everything else after that change will be different and there is no possible way to predict what that outcome will be.

The problem with you talking about Jared Allen or Julius Peppers is that neither were available at the trade deadline. Not to mention that it's unlikely that either the Bears or the Vikings have the cap space to take the hit of the pro-rated signing bonuses had they traded away Peppers or Allen.

You are the only one that thinks you know it all. You are the biggest pompous ponticator. In case you have been asleep for last few years both Peppers and Allen have in fact been traded! Guess the Pats just dont need a pass rusher. I'm done posting due to rediculous personal attacts. I'd be happy to compare actual life's with someone who posts on a message board 20,000 times, btw this qualifies you for the pontification HOF. I guess I will go back to reading the 10% of the information that actually has merit.

Last edited:
Sports have long since past me. I spend my days now running a successful business. Perhaps you should consider a career as a professional message board poster.

How do you know a person has lost an argument? They take backhanded shots at people regarding their post counts. Nice job. :bricks:

Game changers on the BB watch imho = Brady(1 lombardi away from being the greatest game changer of all time) Seymour, Deion, jury is still out on our current TE's.

If you're attention is all wrapped up in game changers, then you don't know one thing about what makes the New England Patriots the pre-eminent NFL franchise of the 21st century.

11 straight years of clear cut example after example and some dullards still don't comprehend what makes the Patriots stand apart.

Other teams collect stars. The Patriots have built and maintained a muti-generational (NFL-wise) ongoing machine.

Of course, even after reading that you still won't be able to comprehend that simple fact.

So, what you are saying is that you really don't know what a game changer really is. OK. Good to know..

BTW, Bruschi falls under the BB watch because BB was the DC when Bruschi was drafted and it was under BB that Bruschi had his greatest successes.

Mayo is becoming a game changer. McCourty, who is only a sophmore, could develop into a game changer.

Really I guess just anybody can be a SB MVP.

Wow are these the facts that you so proudly spoke of. LOL

Really I guess just anybody can be a SB MVP.

Oh yeah, because Deion Branch is a game changer - - it was all him, had nothing to do with the personnel around him. Just ask the Seattle Seahawks.

See, what a football neophyte like you can't yet comprehend is that it takes 11 players doing their job to the utmost to perfect an offensive play.

It is for this reason why kids like you can't connect the dots as to why the Patriots went 11-5 in 2008. For you it simply doesn't compute.

Go put on your Dez Bryant pajamas and rub your Michael Vick Topps card for good luck.

The greatest story of the 21st century NFL has been playing out in clear technicolor for all to see - - - and you can't even fathom what so many others have seen.

Poor fella, bless your heart.

Last edited:
Da Bruinz you sound like a complete....your uninformed. The system, I love the system argument, the final call of the weak poster. Like you could tell one system from the next. if a player is good he's good. Just accept it, BB screwed up the pick, he felt he needed another corner he fell in love with potential and didn't pay attention to the medical. I am sorry, you just don't have facts behind your statement. This is SUCH a fanboy website, I mean why are people so sensitive, guys its been 8 years since they last won a Super Bowl, every outcome is the result of actions. I mean what do you want for posts. Tom BRADY is SOOOOO great. Bill Belichick is SOOOOO smart. I mean grow up, they have flaws, they have made mistakes like other teams, but their drafting is what's hurting them the last 3 seasons. I am talking about the Defense. Do you guys leave the basement and watch some other teams, this team won Super Bowls with defense and #12. The defense played better, but no one knows how good it is. And guess what fanboys, if you asked Belichick right now if he was disappointed in Dowling not being healthy he would yes. It's a results business. You can't beat me on facts, because I'm right and you're wrong, so call me a troll, call my posts crap. It doesn't bother me. When you make points that make my arguments look foolish I'll pay attention. Da Bruinz, are you Bruins fan? 3-6, not a good start. Or are you on a Bruins website complaining about how mena the fans are.

And in those 3 games he didn't finish he had 0 tackles so I'm assuming he went out pretty early.

Piss poor analogy pal. In past years I would agree Cleveland's defense isn't like ours. But this year it is more similar.

Then you clearly don't know the difference between a team playing in a SINGLE GAP alignment and a team playing in a TWO GAP alignment.

A little lesson for you since you're so smart. Wanna know how Jauron got his start in the league? As an Assistant under Hank Bullough. Being as smart as you are you're probably aware we use a Fairbanks-Bullough defensive scheme. He was also on one of Tom Coughlin's coaching staffs and I hope I don't need to explain how that plays into this. But for you I will, Belichick and Coughlin come from the same Parcells coaching tree.

Don't try and school me pal. I've been around the block and back.

How Jauron got his start doesn't change the fact that the Browns are using a 4-3, Single Gap alignment as their base. They are NOT using a hybrid 3-4 or a 2Gap system.

My analogy is dead on.

As for you being around the block, do you really need to tell us of your drinking habits? I, for one, don't care or see how it's relevant.

Then you clearly don't know the difference between a team playing in a SINGLE GAP alignment and a team playing in a TWO GAP alignment.

How Jauron got his start doesn't change the fact that the Browns are using a 4-3, Single Gap alignment as their base. They are NOT using a hybrid 3-4 or a 2Gap system.

My analogy is dead on.

As for you being around the block, do you really need to tell us of your drinking habits? I, for one, don't care or see how it's relevant.

Huh? I don't even drink. lol

...... guys its been 8 years since they last won a Super Bowl, every outcome is the result of actions.

ROFLMAO.

Kid thinks it's February 6, 2013.

Last edited:
Da Bruinz you sound like a complete....your uninformed. The system, I love the system argument, the final call of the weak poster. Like you could tell one system from the next. if a player is good he's good. Just accept it, BB screwed up the pick, he felt he needed another corner he fell in love with potential and didn't pay attention to the medical. I am sorry, you just don't have facts behind your statement. This is SUCH a fanboy website, I mean why are people so sensitive, guys its been 8 years since they last won a Super Bowl, every outcome is the result of actions. I mean what do you want for posts. Tom BRADY is SOOOOO great. Bill Belichick is SOOOOO smart. I mean grow up, they have flaws, they have made mistakes like other teams, but their drafting is what's hurting them the last 3 seasons. I am talking about the Defense. Do you guys leave the basement and watch some other teams, this team won Super Bowls with defense and #12. The defense played better, but no one knows how good it is. And guess what fanboys, if you asked Belichick right now if he was disappointed in Dowling not being healthy he would yes. It's a results business. You can't beat me on facts, because I'm right and you're wrong, so call me a troll, call my posts crap. It doesn't bother me. When you make points that make my arguments look foolish I'll pay attention. Da Bruinz, are you Bruins fan? 3-6, not a good start. Or are you on a Bruins website complaining about how mena the fans are.

Who the PHUCK are you? I NEVER ignore any poster I find it an act of weakness in doing so (You Calciumme etc are safe from the Ignore list b/c I think ignoring any poster is WEAKNESS). I think you are a Twat that likes to start conflict by being some sort of renegade that goes out of his way to call out a player like Ras for being hurt in the past and deeming him "INJURY" prone and a "WASTED" pick. It is NOT the case... so the dude hurt a hammy a hip and something else this year... Chit happens. Ras is a FINE specimen that will be flagged by the "Injury Prone" card for years to come by ass-hats like you. Cowards like you like to play the blame game and think that you could have selected better. This is NOT your team this is NOT your vision and you are NOT the coach. Grow some balls, suck it up and be a man for once.:mad:

You are the only one that thinks you know it all. You are the biggest pompous ponticator. In case you have been asleep for last few years both Peppers and Allen have in fact been traded! Guess the Pats just dont need a pass rusher. I'm done posting due to rediculous personal attacts. I'd be happy to compare actual life's with someone who posts on a message board 20,000 times, btw this qualifies you for the pontification HOF. I guess I will go back to reading the 10% of the information that actually has merit.

I don't think I know it all. In fact, I'm one of many who don't. And, when I've been wrong, I've admitted such.

Could you explain what a Ponticator is?

I've not been asleep at all. However, you are now changing the goal posts. You never said word one about trading for them in previous years. Your post implied trading for them THIS YEAR. What you fail to take into consideration is that, had the Patriots made the trades you suggest, then they'd be without other players. Such as Logan Mankins or Vince Wilfork.

Let's look at this for a minute. Allen was traded on Apr. 23, 2008. The Chiefs received a 1st and two 3rd round picks for him. That means the Pats would be without Jerod Mayo. Not to mention they'd have been on the hook for a 6 year deal worth $73.26 million and $31 million of that guaranteed. Seems pretty steep price..

As for Julius Peppers, the Bears acquired him by signing him to a 6 year/ $93 million deal with $42 million guaranteed. He was not acquired via a trade.

There was no personal attack on you. You made it perfectly clear that you have no idea what the word pontificate means so I suggested that you not use it. Oh.. wait.. You're saying that my pointing out your insult of shmessy was a personal attack on you?? WOW.

BTW, as I said earlier. People who have to point out how many posts others have and act like it's a bad thing, are doing so because they've clearly lost the argument and have nothing else to resort to. 18,000 posts over almost 6 years and 8 months equals out to about 7 posts a day.. Is that really all that much??

Wow are these the facts that you so proudly spoke of. LOL

Some were facts and some were opinions. It's pretty easy to tell the difference for most people..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back