PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dowling Injury Woes Continue, Fletcher Remains Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I know it all. In fact, I'm one of many who don't. And, when I've been wrong, I've admitted such.

Could you explain what a Ponticator is?

I've not been asleep at all. However, you are now changing the goal posts. You never said word one about trading for them in previous years. Your post implied trading for them THIS YEAR. What you fail to take into consideration is that, had the Patriots made the trades you suggest, then they'd be without other players. Such as Logan Mankins or Vince Wilfork.

Let's look at this for a minute. Allen was traded on Apr. 23, 2008. The Chiefs received a 1st and two 3rd round picks for him. That means the Pats would be without Jerod Mayo. Not to mention they'd have been on the hook for a 6 year deal worth $73.26 million and $31 million of that guaranteed. Seems pretty steep price..

As for Julius Peppers, the Bears acquired him by signing him to a 6 year/ $93 million deal with $42 million guaranteed. He was not acquired via a trade.

There was no personal attack on you. You made it perfectly clear that you have no idea what the word pontificate means so I suggested that you not use it. Oh.. wait.. You're saying that my pointing out your insult of shmessy was a personal attack on you?? WOW.

BTW, as I said earlier. People who have to point out how many posts others have and act like it's a bad thing, are doing so because they've clearly lost the argument and have nothing else to resort to. 18,000 posts over almost 6 years and 8 months equals out to about 7 posts a day.. Is that really all that much??

After this thread I will always consider you a winner!

Da Bruinz you sound like a complete....your uninformed.
Unfortunately, you've yet to prove that I am uninformed. However, other people than myself have proved you to be uninformed.

Also, I have a request, Could you please learn some basic grammar? Paragraphs would be nice. So would you actually quoting me so I knew what post you were replying to.

The system, I love the system argument, the final call of the weak poster. Like you could tell one system from the next. if a player is good he's good. Just accept it, BB screwed up the pick, he felt he needed another corner he fell in love with potential and didn't pay attention to the medical. I am sorry, you just don't have facts behind your statement.
I'd really like to know where I said it was the SYSTEM when it comes to Dowling. I'm pretty sure that I said nothing of the sort. And yes, I CAN tell the difference between a 4-3 Single Gap, A 4-3 2Gap, a 3-4 Single Gap and 3-4 2-gap system.

Actually, no. Good players can fail in the wrong system.

I don't need to accept your unsupported opinion just because you say so. You keep harping on the "medical" yet it's already been proven to you that Dowling hasn't missed that many games.

Also, how can you say I don't have facts behind my statement when you didn't even quote what statement you are referring to??

This is SUCH a fanboy website, I mean why are people so sensitive, guys its been 8 years since they last won a Super Bowl, every outcome is the result of actions. I mean what do you want for posts. Tom BRADY is SOOOOO great. Bill Belichick is SOOOOO smart. I mean grow up, they have flaws, they have made mistakes like other teams, but their drafting is what's hurting them the last 3 seasons. I am talking about the Defense. Do you guys leave the basement and watch some other teams, this team won Super Bowls with defense and #12. The defense played better, but no one knows how good it is. And guess what fanboys, if you asked Belichick right now if he was disappointed in Dowling not being healthy he would yes.

The Patriots last won a SB in February of 2005. That makes it only 6 years. Not 8.

What do I want from posts? Ones that are educated, based on facts, don't bounce from one subject to another and that can actually be read without having to figure out what the poster is referring to because he actually uses things such as paragraphs and quotes.

I understand that the Pats have flaws. Many of the people on this site do.

Sorry, but to say that the Pats drafting over the last 3 seasons is the ONLY thing that is hurting them is just not fact. They are also being hurt by injuries to players such as Mike Wright and Myron Pryor. They are also being hurt by players such as Brandon Meriweather refusing coaching and not playing according to the game plan. And that has a much bigger impact on them then what they've drafted in the last 3 years.

As for what Belichick would say about Dowling, he'd say that injuries happen and you go with it. Those are some of the things beyond the control of the coach. He wouldn't say he was disappointed in Dowling because he knows that Dowling didn't intentionally injure himself.

It's a results business. You can't beat me on facts, because I'm right and you're wrong, so call me a troll, call my posts crap. It doesn't bother me. When you make points that make my arguments look foolish I'll pay attention. Da Bruinz, are you Bruins fan? 3-6, not a good start. Or are you on a Bruins website complaining about how mena the fans are.

I've beaten you on facts the entire way. As have other people. You've made no coherent arguments. And that is part of the problem.

is there actually a point to your off-topic rant about the Bruins? Or are you just trying to change the subject in an attempt to deflect from the fact that your arguments are weaker than a piece of balsa wood?

So someone questions the Dowling pick because of his past medical history and he gets drowned out with "trolls, pink hats, scoreboard" response? Cool.

After this thread I will always consider you a winner!

Hmm.. Not that what you think matters to me, but you did say you were leaving.. Guess you felt that what I had to say was worth something since you stayed..

So someone questions the Dowling pick because of his past medical history and he gets drowned out with "trolls, pink hats, scoreboard" response? Cool.

Umm.. It's been a lot more than that, Condon. Reading the thread would help you understand that.

Awesome, right? Too many people here are way too fast to defend everything this team does. If we were so perfect we'd have won the Super Bowl the last 6 years straight.

Ha ha Deus!!! Fanboy !! Fanboy!!! You're a big Patsfan Fanboy!!! hah ha ha ha.....uh...er...oh wait...he called YOU a "fanboy"???

I've called you a lot of things over the seasons....fanboy is not something even I would resort to.....I think Ian should have a "Basics Of Understanding English" tab to help out the newer enlistees...

Ha ha Deus!!! Fanboy !! Fanboy!!! You're a big Patsfan Fanboy!!! hah ha ha ha.....uh...er...oh wait...he called YOU a "fanboy"???

I've called you a lot of things over the seasons....fanboy is not something even I would resort to.....I think Ian should have a "Basics Of Understanding English" tab to help out the newer enlistees...

This would be nice. I could really brush up on my knowledge of tea and crumpets. I'm still trying to figure out this Z & Zed thing, too.

Umm.. It's been a lot more than that, Condon. Reading the thread would help you understand that.

That's true. You and Andy have responded with legit arguments. But the overall response has been typical.

You have to admit, Dowlings injury coming out of college was a serious question which deemed him a greater risk, specially if you spend a high pick on him.

His book is not finished yet, but it's not off to a good start.

This would be nice. I could really brush up on my knowledge of tea and crumpets. I'm still trying to figure out this Z & Zed thing, too.

Wow, yet another person for the old ignore list, picked up three of them in this thread alone.

I find using the ignore list is like taking that first sip of beer just before the kick off on Sunday. Everything seems brighter, my cares seem to slip away, and I hear angels singing from the heavens!

<--- Not offended that you're ignoring me.

I really don't understand the glee people take in hating on Patriot players that struggle with injury. Sure, it is disappointing that Dowling can't get on the field, especially since he had injury concerns coming out of college. However, at this juncture, it is a little premature to hate on him because of it.

I really would like to see him play

The problem is people are just massively exaggerating his injury history. He missed 8 or 9 games in college, all with unrelated injuries. Tons of college players miss more college games than that (Bradford, Suh, Cromartie, David Harris, and Gronk come to mind).

Calling him Glass-Ir doesn't mean he actually was too injury prone to draft

When a player with an injury history is injured again (Dowling), BB is an idiot for taking him. When a player with an injury history is not re-injured (Gronkowski), BB is a genius for taking him. Can't have it both ways. Either you accept the risk of getting value based on injury (which will not work out every time) or you draft only healthy players (no Cannon, Vollmer, Gronkowski, Tate, etc). It is a risk/reward probability game. Need the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes