PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dowling Injury Woes Continue, Fletcher Remains Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL The I'm better then BB because I have football manager on my computer
syndrome.:D

Last edited:
Reed/Woodson/Lewis..... all old players so, if you're talking about living off of Brady, you can't use them in your argument.

P.S. Mayo > Lewis, Wilfork = game's best NT

Hope that helps

I think of Lewis and Mayo as Two different types of LB's.....Lewis (Lets say in his prime especially) is a pass rushing, QB sacking, hard hitting KILLER! (and I am not referring to his thrown out murder charge) Mayo is an excellent run stopper, great tackler.....let me re-state...prob best tackler in the league, covers the tight end well in coverage etc. But he is just NOT the animal, bone and teeth rattling QB killer that Ray Lewis is. I think Lewis is much more intense.....even tho I can't stand the bastid.....

Predictable pathetic responses. Not one of the responses by the Deus, Bauer and the other fanboys could refute my points. You guys make me laugh. You're just fanboys, maybe this website should be split up between people who ONLY want to say happy things and those intelligent fans who want to be objective. There isn't an ounce of objectivity from a majority of dissenting posts. You throw out insults like school yard children.

And who brought up the 2010 draft??? We're not talking about the 2010 draft. It was a great draft, ON OFFENSE. Plus, you don't debate a topic by bringing up another topic.

Last 3 drafts - We had the four 2nd round picks draft, ok at best that draft was average, I guess you could say a trade turned into Gronk, but if they wanted Gronk they could have found a way to get him.

Two years ago great picks, solid draft, all on Offense. McCourty looked good, but he has been statistically the worst corner in the NFL this year. That being said, I think he turns it around.

This year, Solder, Stupid trade, Injured player, two running backs who might be good, we'll see.

Bill made a decision in the best defensive draft in years, and that is proving out btw, to spend his draft capital on Dowling. It's been a bust. What is the only flaw on this team. Pass defense.

Watt, Fairley, Kerrigan, Liuget, Clayborn, Taylor, Heyward, Reed, Sheard, Ayers, all more impactful than No pick and Dowling.

The run to the Super Bowl begins now, as of right now this pick looks horrendous. If they win the Super Bowl and the Defense picks up, Bill cements himself as a great evaluator and coach. But for 4 years now he has been struggling trying to put together a middle of the road defense.

So DEUS...it has nothing to do with where they draft, it has to do with WHO they draft, and guys they draft on defense has not played up to or fit the system. Dowling however, just can't get on the damn field. To defend that is ignorant and stupid. You can't win the Dowling argument, he has been a HORRIFIC disappointment. It doesn't matter if he's healthy in 2012, they need him this season. So come to the table with facts not stupid crap, about trolls etc.

5-1 and alone at the top of the AFC.

The only team to have a winning record every year for the past 11 years.

Stratomatic Assclown.

Last edited:
Predictable pathetic responses. Not one of the responses by the Deus, Bauer and the other fanboys could refute my points. You guys make me laugh. You're just fanboys, maybe this website should be split up between people who ONLY want to say happy things and those intelligent fans who want to be objective. There isn't an ounce of objectivity from a majority of dissenting posts. You throw out insults like school yard children.

And who brought up the 2010 draft??? We're not talking about the 2010 draft. It was a great draft, ON OFFENSE. Plus, you don't debate a topic by bringing up another topic.

Last 3 drafts - We had the four 2nd round picks draft, ok at best that draft was average, I guess you could say a trade turned into Gronk, but if they wanted Gronk they could have found a way to get him.

Two years ago great picks, solid draft, all on Offense. McCourty looked good, but he has been statistically the worst corner in the NFL this year. That being said, I think he turns it around.

This year, Solder, Stupid trade, Injured player, two running backs who might be good, we'll see.

Bill made a decision in the best defensive draft in years, and that is proving out btw, to spend his draft capital on Dowling. It's been a bust. What is the only flaw on this team. Pass defense.

Watt, Fairley, Kerrigan, Liuget, Clayborn, Taylor, Heyward, Reed, Sheard, Ayers, all more impactful than No pick and Dowling.

The run to the Super Bowl begins now, as of right now this pick looks horrendous. If they win the Super Bowl and the Defense picks up, Bill cements himself as a great evaluator and coach. But for 4 years now he has been struggling trying to put together a middle of the road defense.

So DEUS...it has nothing to do with where they draft, it has to do with WHO they draft, and guys they draft on defense has not played up to or fit the system. Dowling however, just can't get on the damn field. To defend that is ignorant and stupid. You can't win the Dowling argument, he has been a HORRIFIC disappointment. It doesn't matter if he's healthy in 2012, they need him this season. So come to the table with facts not stupid crap, about trolls etc.

lol, Deus is a fanboy now.

Its nice to be 5-1 but this team has to improve in lots of areas.Especially on defense.I am not sold yet.

It's a team game.

The 4 players you mentioned have a grand total of 2 SB rings combined....... 1 in the last DECADE.

Belichick has more than all of them on one hand.

Go watch your ESPN highlights, kid.

Back to my original point. Bill has zero rings as a head coach without Brady. How many people have rings on this patriot team???? The defense may improve, but as of now they have zero impact game changing players ala Revis, Ngata, Willis. I guess you like em young!!

I think of Lewis and Mayo as Two different types of LB's.....Lewis (Lets say in his prime especially) is a pass rushing, QB sacking, hard hitting KILLER! (and I am not referring to his thrown out murder charge) Mayo is an excellent run stopper, great tackler.....let me re-state...prob best tackler in the league, covers the tight end well in coverage etc. But he is just NOT the animal, bone and teeth rattling QB killer that Ray Lewis is. I think Lewis is much more intense.....even tho I can't stand the bastid.....

Sure, Lewis is a surefire hall of famer and Mayo is an excellent starter but nowhere near a hall of fame player (at least not yet).

I'm not sure what the point is: BB sucks because he hasn't drafted multiple hall of famer caliber players? If BB was a better drafter the Pats would have played in five of six or seven superbowls instead of four, would have had more than four 14 wins seasons, or would have had the best record since 2001 by an even greater margin? All true I guess.

Sure, Lewis is a surefire hall of famer and Mayo is an excellent starter but nowhere near a hall of fame player (at least not yet).

I'm not sure what the point is: BB sucks because he hasn't drafted multiple hall of famer caliber players? If BB was a better drafter the Pats would have played in five of six or seven superbowls instead of four, would have had more than four 14 wins seasons, or would have had the best record since 2001 by an even greater margin? All true I guess.

You misunderstood me. I was referring only to the comparison between Mayo and Lewis. They are two different players in my my opinion. I am by NO MEANS criticizing the pick of Mayo by BB...in fact, he was one of the best draft picks he ever made. Mayo could very well be a hall of famer....and will definitely be a star for the pats. Hope that clarifies it.

Just IR Dowling..he won't play this year....sucks

It's a team game.

The 4 players you mentioned have a grand total of 2 SB rings combined....... 1 in the last DECADE.

Belichick has more than all of them on one hand.

Go watch your ESPN highlights, kid.

This deserves more than just a "LIKE".

Ian, I request a multiple like button.

Don't be such Honks. What was the rationale in Vereen over Murray?

Murray played in a better conference had more TD, Yards and Receptions than Vereen in college.

One guy is a star, one guy is a benchwarmer. Also if they took Murray they would not have to have drafted Ridley.
You are jokin right? Murray was averaging less than 3 yards a carry until last week.
One game makes him a star?
Not to mention what does that have to do with Dowling?

The thing you Patriot honks don't get and its in another thread. Is with Bill's drafting its not an aberration its a trend. Get him out of the 1st round and he misses all the time. He's better with undrafted players than with drafted players. Tate over Wallace is another example. Tate had an ACL injury in college. But yet they took him anyway.
Yes look how terrible this team has been for the last decade.

Good comparision with Belichick and Theo when it comes to Free Agency and post first round draft picks. Theo's free agents probably cost the Sox two championships and Bill's poor drafting since 2006 has cost them 2 titles MINIMUM.
Didn't his drafting put him in a position to have a team that you think was good enough to win at least 2 more championships MINIMUM?

you have to figure they would have IR'd him by now. Bet BB is hoping to get him back later in the season and help us for a playoff run.....he has the height and speed and looked great in the opener vs. Miami.....hope hes back soon.

You're just fanboys, maybe this website should be split up between people who ONLY want to say happy things and those intelligent fans who want to be objective.

So you are advocating a site where you have no place? Where are unobjective negative people like you going to post. Sorry, but none of your posts in this thread are particularly intelligent or objective.

He was considered by MANY to be 1 of the BEST CB's in that draft... (injuries made his RD 1 dreams die. It was of no concequence that we chose a player that had injuries in the PAST. Injury proneness DOES exist... many of the injuries I saw that he had in HS and earlier on were some broken bones. I REALIZE he had a terrible knee injury in HS and the kid still makes it to a D1 school and impressed NFL scoutsz? Is this the Glass Ras that beat significant injuries and made it into the NFL???

you homers need to RELAX.

He practiced earlier this week and he missed today.... big phucking deal
:bricks::bricks::bricks:

Guys, please stop quoting Darolyn. I can actually see his posts when you do...

I recognize talent when I see it (unlike BB recently), and THAT guy has talent!
Are you seriously stating that you feel you are a better evaluator of football talent than Bill Belichick. So much better that you can do it by watching a handful of college games each week and still out evaluate his film study, personal interviews, workouts, combine, Sr Bowl workouts, etc, etc?

I never really liked the pick even after the Miami game. We have 3 fully capable CB's (even though McCourty is struggling a bit) didn't like the decision to spend a 2nd here when there are other needs and his injury history. If he becomes a stud corner someday I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't see him being that much better than Bodden or Arrington. Now if he could play FS, or if Bodden/Arrington could switch over, I'd definitely warm up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back