PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

dolts fans rent a blimp for Pats/dolts game to read "DeflateThisBrady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I know blimps fly over sports events all the time and I never said they were banned.

What I said was "Airspace over NFL games isn't exactly free and open to any and all." As you admit, there are guidelines and a process for approval. That's the point I was making. You can't just rent-a-blimp and fly it over an NFL stadium without going through countless layers of bureaucracy - with both the league and the FAA. It isn't quite as simple of a process as when, for example, a group of fans hire out one of those planes with banner messages to fly over a team's training camp practice.
There's money to be made, so I doubt there are many layers of bs to get through. Sure, it might be expensive, but I bet the process is relatively painless for those in the industry.

Maybe some wackadoodle from the NRA will use the provocation of the flight of this blimp to argue for every American's God-given, Second Amendment right to own a shoulder-fired Surface to Air Missile Launcher...

...but, as Richard Nixon would have said..."That would be wrong."

Wouldn't it be great if it rains and they close the dome?

Maybe some wackadoodle from the NRA will use the provocation of the flight of this blimp to argue for every American's God-given, Second Amendment right to own a shoulder-fired Surface to Air Missile Launcher...

...but, as Richard Nixon would have said..."That would be wrong."
A missile launcher is a bit overkill for a blimp. Most any rifle would probably suffice.

Isn't this a Homeland Security issue with so many people in one area and a possible terrorist threat? Because of this potential terrorist threat the NFL should be forced to move this game to Foxbrough.

A missile launcher is a bit overkill for a blimp. Most any rifle would probably suffice.
In the spirit of the joke, I'll say that perhaps it should be equipped to fire a pressure gauge ("logo" or "non logo") to determine that the blimp is properly inflated. Otherwise, we're just joking around here and clearly neither of us is suggesting that some deranged nut take a shot at the blimp.

Looks like even the Colts organization is smart enough to know that this is a very dumb move for many reasons. I guess Irsay was in some sort of drug induced stupor when the decision was made:

"According to a report by WRTV6, the Indianapolis Colts have asked that a sign company not fly a blimp banner over Lucas Oil Stadium during the October 18 game between the Colts and New England Patriots."

Too bad, I was just starting to imagine Brady pointing at it every time he threw a TD pass.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...as-oil-stadium-during-patriots-game/73694574/

Looks like even the Colts organization is smart enough to know that this is a very dumb move for many reasons. I guess Irsay was in some sort of drug induced stupor when the decision was made:

"According to a report by WRTV6, the Indianapolis Colts have asked that a sign company not fly a blimp banner over Lucas Oil Stadium during the October 18 game between the Colts and New England Patriots."

Too bad, I was just starting to imagine Brady pointing at it every time he threw a TD pass.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sport...as-oil-stadium-during-patriots-game/73694574/

That's the updated version of that story. The original version had this sentence after what you quoted:

"A Colts spokesman said that the sign company blimp would interfere with the blimp displaying an anti-Patriots slogan that the team was already planning to fly over the stadium."

(Just kidding)

What wasted resources! I'm sure the homeless- and those who go hungry -will really appreciate this presentation. :rolleyes:

...flight danger, bumping into the ones celebrating their near-winning seasons, their participant awards for AFC Championships, and the permanent one for winning the top pick in the draft several times over.

Hopefully there's a no money back policy and it rains and they close the roof.

Colts accuse the Patriots of lowering the barometric pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe