Welcome to PatsFans.com

Does Dr. Z have an inside source with the Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, May 4, 2006.

1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

2. Pat the Pats Fan

Pat the Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Even a broken clock is right twice a day....

3. RayClay

RayClay Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +1,602 / 19 / -18

#75 Jersey

4. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +711 / 2 / -2

Disable Jersey

Was this before the training camp report that he devoted to whining and moaning that the Pats wouldn't tell him what formations and personnel they planned to use in the coming season?

5. bucky

bucky 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think Dr. Z is somewhat friendly with Pioli. Don't remember where I read this.

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

That wasn't tough to predict - although getting Jeff Faine to the Browns correct was a good one.

7. ilduce06410

ilduce06410 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

to the best of my recollection...

iremember for some reason the patriots were sure to take a DT. there were 4-5 of them, and the rent-a-NT thing had become boring. teed w., rodney bailey, somebody even before them.
    i remember hoping BB/SP would take jonathan sullivan, not ty warren. or even robertson. maybe i'd have felt different if i'd SEEN one of them play, but that's, like, too much effort. much easier to just run my mouth, as it were.
    the geno wilson thing seemed like a great pick immediately. aa CB was needed bad. but nobody thought he'd wind up as a safety. when he was moved there (after the release of lawyer milloy?) it seemed at the time like a waste of a talented CB. but it was an emergency situation then.
    IMO having him at safety is STILL a waste of a good CB. safeties are easier to find. if wilson was playing CB for us we probably wouldn't be talking about needing a shutdown CB. that's what wilson was supposed to be when he was drafted from Illinois.

8. Murphys95

Murphys95 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Good guess on his part, but I distinctly recall only two Belichick drafts where many first round mocks were pretty accurate - 2001 and 2003. Dr Z wasn't the only one who predicted Warren.

9. Brady-To-Branch

Brady-To-Branch Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +3 / 10 / -1

The 2003 draft wasn't hard to predict. It was well known the Pats were looking for DL help and Warren was on my short list of players. The team was also looking to replace a weak secondary after the 2002 season and Wilson was also on my short list.

They failed to land a NT, but fortunately were able to trade a 4th for Ted Washington that summer. :D