PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Does anyone else HATE the new broadcasting group?

Chatham insightful but too little air time. Fauria entertaining.
Roche, meh.
PFW guys inanely boring.
Burton a suck up tool, but harmless.

Chatham & Fauria make it worth listening.

I like Fauria , he's actually pretty good

Chatham is excellent; his comments are concise and knowledgeable. He has a future as a football analyst.

I agree. Chatham reminds me of Bill Walton doing basketball. Walton makes putting a ball through a hoop sound like he is dissecting rocket science.But some how sounds believable.

Would have been better if they had worked out the kinks with Roche, Fauria and Chatham... when these guys got their act together, then add something else.

The back in the stadium stuff is terrible and not sure why they are doing it, the whole crap about what is happening on twitter... who cares???

Ron Burton is also pretty crappy ...

Generally I like the new format. My biggest complaint is they forget that it's not the pre-game show. Forget the blogs, radio shows, and pre-game and post-game shows, the best part of any week is right there on the field.

Call the damn game! Use those talented football guys who've been there, Chatham and Fauria, to tell us what just happened on the field and take us through it. What was the defensive formation? What was the offensive formation? Who was the first read? How were they blocking? What stood out? If Roche isn't good at play-by-play (I don't think he is) get someone else. Clearly, Chatham and Fauria were the best voices I heard.

Yes, insightful replays are good, but don't ever run them over the live action.

Cardinal errors:

(1) Bringing the camera back to the field too close to the snap. How are we supposed to adjust our eyes to the formation if we have no time to react to it. And don't EVER come back to the field after the snap.

(2) Talking over the live action because you wanted to finish your thought. Screw your thought. The game comes first. Yes, you can give us the backstory, including your thoughts from training camp, but give it in terms of who just made (or failed to make) a play.

(3) Never showing the defensive backfield in replays. Some of the best action takes place away from the ball, which the TV viewer never gets to see. Show us those key individual battles in replays, once in a while. They did that sometimes and it was good. Do it more.

When they figure these things out, they'll be good. Maybe next year.

It's all about the game which means it's never about them. That's the real lesson they need to learn.

It's terrible

Why doesn't this response from Mr. Wrath surprise me?

As for me, any format that gets rid of Criqui and Cross can't be all bad?

Next year they should replace the play-by-play caller (Roche is not very good and probably on par with Criqui) and put the new guy in the booth with Fauria and Chatham. And dump the PFW guys. Like both of them, but they are useless on the show.

I don't mind the talk show format as much as others, but I think they have too many voices and Fauria and Chatham are the only ones who bring any insight.

I personally had more problems with the camera work and producing on Friday than I did with the format. How many times were they focusing in one player forever prior to the snap that made you miss the formation? Or having other graphics on the screen (such as the PFW guys) as the play is going.

Talk about mess ups and random people just talking and not showing the highlights ect...very sloppy in my eyes....we don't need 6 people...we need 3

Agreed!! Less is better. It's freakin' pre-season.

Perrillo, Hart - Aren't funny, aren't knowledgeable, aren't interesting, aren't likeable, aren't good in front of the camera, aren't adding anything to the telecast, aren't necessary.

Aww come on, those two kill me. The on-air Muppets cranky balcony guys analogy was hilarious. And the cushy red seats they force them to sit in is classic. You know they're squirming to get out of them in their minds, but they have to sit in them. When the broadcast technicians initially switch to that shot of those two guys looking into the camera, the effect is so surreal, it's fall off your chair funny.
Ya gots Perillo who's cheeks get rosy whenever he's on camera because, well, oh, that's just cherubic Perillo being cherubic Perillo.
And to his left you have Andy Hart. The guy looks like he's straight outta Marines boot camp. lol. From the buzz cut down to the Popeye arms, the guy looks like he wants to crash through the screen and wrestle whomever is viewing at home.
If you're a PFW In Progress fan, you love to see "your guys" getting air time. If you're not familiar with the show, probably not so much.
...well, probably not at all, actually.

Regards,
Brooklyn Matt

Why doesn't this response from Mr. Wrath surprise me?

:noidea:

Perhaps because the broadcast is terrible and I'm not the only one to notice that. It might get better moving forward as they work out some of the problems, but that's not the question that was asked.

I'm sure that Ben Vereen's been thrilled with the new crew, though. He and Todd Light can talk about the changes over some suds.

Yes, insightful replays are good, but don't ever run them over the live action.

Cardinal errors:

(1) Bringing the camera back to the field too close to the snap. How are we supposed to adjust our eyes to the formation if we have no time to react to it. And don't EVER come back to the field after the snap.

(2) Talking over the live action because you wanted to finish your thought. Screw your thought. The game comes first. Yes, you can give us the backstory, including your thoughts from training camp, but give it in terms of who just made (or failed to make) a play.

(3) Never showing the defensive backfield in replays. Some of the best action takes place away from the ball, which the TV viewer never gets to see. Show us those key individual battles in replays, once in a while. They did that sometimes and it was good. Do it more.

1 and 3 are on Kraft Sports. They produce the entire production. Kraft Sports is terrible at production of sports. I am a huge Revs fans and the production value of a Revs game is terrible including the PBP and Color guys.

Fauria, Chatham - Good
Roche -Criqui part 2
Burton - How does this goofball have a job? And I don't mean this job, I mean any job
Perrillo, Hart - Aren't funny, aren't knowledgeable, aren't interesting, aren't likeable, aren't good in front of the camera, aren't adding anything to the telecast, aren't necessary.

:rocker: :thumb:

Talk about mess ups and random people just talking and not showing the highlights ect...very sloppy in my eyes....we don't need 6 people...we need 3

I like them, especially Fauria & Chatham. Burton is terrible, always has been, but since his is a minor role at best, is tolerable.

it's over! yes!

Anyone see hart and PP on the walk way next to the banners...god they are horrid for TV

But now we get to listen to DD and gumble week 1....good god....

I like Fauria a lot, and Chatham from the sideline is good as well. I don't really mind the new format, although the two Patriots Football Weekly goofs in the studio easy chairs aren't really necessary. Roche is the weak link -- not much of a play-by-play guy.

This matches my opinion, although I like Dan Roche, so I give him a pass. I like Fauria and Roche way more than Cross & Criqui!

A seemingly good idea, poorly implemented and produced. Roche and Fauria just talk to much.
Chatham is good actually my favorite former athlete turned broadcaster, but the producers just don't seem to know what to do with Perillo and Hart. They both come across good on TV on other venues so I don't blame them but who ever is running the show.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back