PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel worse now when Moss was traded or when Seymour was?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Feel Worse about trade of Moss or Seymour?

• Moss

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Seymour

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • Someone else who was traded in the past few years

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Neither Moss or Seymour,They weren't a major loss

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh? Well then why not point to their acquiring Moss originally for a 4th and Welker for a 2nd. Those were pretty terrible deals, weren't they?
Those were good, but they've made more bad deals than good since 2005.

I voted Moss. When they traded Seymour I thought it was because somebody else who had shown a lot of promise like Brace or Pryor but that was not the case. Even then though I knew the Patriots O could put enough points on the board to win most games.

This is totally different, teams can now stack the box and make life very difficult for the running game, Hernandez and Welker.

I'd go with the Seymour trade based on what the expectations were for the team that year. With Brady returning many thought the team would be highly energized to complete what they were unable to finish off with the 2007 season. Most of the media was predicting either the Pats or Steelers to win the Super Bowl. Though most fans overlooked the 2009 team was not the same as the 2007 team, the hopes and expectations were still high; trading Seymour was deflating - probably not just for us fans, but for some players as well.

The 2010 team was/is a team in transition. The expectations were not as high, so it's easier to take. The biggest issue for many seems not to be that Moss was traded, but that the team got less in return for him in comparison to what the team got for Seymour.

What does that have to do with his current value?

A 33 year old declining WR with character concerns gets a 3rd.

A 25 year old ascending Super Bowl MVP WR with character concerns gets a 5th.

Nobody is paying a 2nd and a 3rd for a top 5-7 WR with character concerns.

But I realize this is part of your shtick and you wouldn't be the delightful old you without it, so carry on wayward son.

The Steelers were also idiots and dealth Holmes RIGHT after he was having trouble with the law. Also, any team getting him knew off the bat he'd be on the bench for 4 games. So any team dealing with the Steelers knew they were selling rotten apples, meaning they had the Steelers by the balls.

Reports indicate the Patriots pushed this trade on Minny, they wanted Moss out of town fast, so desperate that even if a deal with Minny wasn't struck they were considering releasing him? The Vikings could tell they had the Patriots by the balls, when really, we had them by the balls.

You tell me Moss is a 33 yr old declining WR. Favre is done after this year, a lot of pieces are changing on the Minnesota team. They want it NOW, and I bet we could have got a 2nd rounder out of them. Don't tell me a team that has no answer at QB after this season isn't going for it right now. Them trading away a 2nd rounder wouldn't have been huge, and could have been justified when you're going for it so hard in your team's best chance. But instead, we made it seem like Moss needed to go and we got Kevin O'Connel, or Sharn Crable for him. Nice.

I can't believe people are happy we got a 3rd rounder who wont develop 3 years from now, when BRADY WILL BE 36, when Moss could have helped us win it all this season.

Big Sey hurt worse for a few reasons...

1. 3 Superbowls with him on the D-Line.
2. He was a good lockerroom guy.
3. He wanted to be here.
4. We drafted him, at the time of the trade I couldn't imagine him in anpother uniform.
5. D-Linemen like Seymour are WAY more valuable than a WR, even a dominating one like Moss. They don't need a QB to feed them the ball to be effective. And when they are effective, it makes the other 10 guys better.
6. Moss is expected to do this, this will be the third team he has imploded on. This comes as no shock, and after week 1 the writing was on the wall.

I felt worse when we traded Seymour, believe it or not. I thought the day we drafted big Richard is when the dynasty officially began.

I'd go with the Seymour trade based on what the expectations were for the team that year. With Brady returning many thought the team would be highly energized to complete what they were unable to finish off with the 2007 season. Most of the media was predicting either the Pats or Steelers to win the Super Bowl. Though most fans overlooked the 2009 team was not the same as the 2007 team, the hopes and expectations were still high; trading Seymour was deflating - probably not just for us fans, but for some players as well.

The 2010 team was/is a team in transition. The expectations were not as high, so it's easier to take. The biggest issue for many seems not to be that Moss was traded, but that the team got less in return for him in comparison to what the team got for Seymour.

Not totally true

Most here and in Patsland were ready to jump off thier roofs when this was found to be true and going to happen

There are more chicken littles and discounting the season now than there were yesterday morning for sure

Personally I think Moss or no Moss this team had no chance to get to the SB,even playoffs they are probably going to be borderline in or out and things won't change with this trade in regards to that

Losing Moss has little impact in regards to future of this team in 2010 IMO,it does not help losing him but it does not hurt terribly bad either .

Last edited:
The Seymour trade was a true shocker and hurt the team a lot more than most expected.

I was thinking Moss might be gone in the off-season after his lack of trying in the playoff game. BB didn't pull the trigger then for some reason. I think the offense will be less explosive and score less TDs, but at the same time be more balanced and have better time of possession. I find it extremely amusing that people are writing off the season because of this trade.

Not totally true

Most here and in Patsland were ready to jump off thier roofs when this was found to be true and going to happen

There are more chicken littles and discounting the season now than there were yesterday morning for sure

Personally I think Moss or no Moss this team had no chance to get to the SB,even playoffs they are probably going to be borderline in or out and things won't change with this trade in regards to that

Losing Moss has little impact in regards to future of this team in 2010 IMO,it does not help losing him but it does not hurt terribly bad either .
Yeah, I wasn't saying it was all, or even most; just saying there many that seem to feel that way based on the number of 'we only got a 3rd for him' comments.

If you take the narrow view of looking at the team's chances in 2010 and only 2010, then it's difficult to make a case that the team is better; the result is a certain percentage of chicken littles giving up on the season. It's impossible to say whether or not he would have been such a distraction that the team would have tanked; nobody knows for a fact how that would have unfolded. However if the Pats have Moss on the team giving his full effort, then that team is better with him than without him. Problem is we'll never know for sure if that would have been possible so all we can do is speculate.

I do agree the team's chances were pretty slim this year to begin with, especially after losing Bodden and Warren. But as we've seen with some teams (01 Pats, 07 Giants, 08 Cardinals) if you can at least get to the playoffs, who knows what can happen.

3. He wanted to be here.
4. We drafted him, at the time of the trade I couldn't imagine him in anpother uniform.
5. D-Linemen like Seymour are WAY more valuable than a WR, even a dominating one like Moss. They don't need a QB to feed them the ball to be effective. And when they are effective, it makes the other 10 guys better.
6. Moss is expected to do this, this will be the third team he has imploded on. This comes as no shock, and after week 1 the writing was on the wall.
Troy Brown we've got Troy Brown

3. He wanted to be here.

What he said plus I wanted the Pats to draft Seymour in 2001 and they did so that made me feel pretty good.

The seymour trade was definitely a 'we'll suffer now, but we'll be good down the road' move. I don't feel nearly as much like our coach thinks we have no chance this season as I did after the seymour trade. Not just because of my user name either.

It seems as though the boys feel that they can do just as well without him.

moss. Seymour was a good trade and value. I miss him but def Moss touched more my heart . But what its true us that seymour is 3x sb champ

What he said plus I wanted the Pats to draft Seymour in 2001 and they did so that made me feel pretty good.

I wanted David Terrell...shows you how much I know about the draft....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back