PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do you feel like last year DEN loss ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year felt much worse!

We knew the Colts could score and knew our Defense was thin, at least I did.

Me too. I realized that it was going to be scary right after when we didn't get the first down and then with three minutes to go in the first half, Manning & Co. took apart our defense so easily. I thought that it was fatal to give them that confidence/rhythm at that point and sadly, my fears were right.

The colts have learned to be patient on offense and that makes them scary.
Let's build a defense to beat them, because they are the greatest offense now. We can do it!

Well said.

I felt worse after last years lose because we were going for 3 in a row, and I felt we beat ourselves mostly. Yesterday the colts beat us

I felt worse last year because it was in the divisional round and there was lots of rebuilding to do. We weren't a very complete team in the playoffs last year.

This year we were in the final four and led until the final minute of the AFCCG, and deserved to be there. Superb play by the Colts players and Coaches; they took advantage of our weaknesses. But those depth weaknesses were the result of so many people on IR, but nothing that a return to health and a draft won't cure.

Imagine that, all the way ot the AFCCG, and a minute a way from the SB in a rebuilding year! Rebuilding the O-line, STs, and WR corps is about done, and all in a single year. Phenomenal!

As for the Colts this is likely their last Hurrah. Now or Never, as their great Offense is fading. Manning is a young 32, and Tarik Glenn in 33, and Harrison is 35, and Edge Jame is already gone. Stokley may never come back; the injury was severe. Diem is younger but he hasn't had a good year. The scoring output was way down from previous years.

Even their newcomers are having problems. Sanders is a midget for the position he plays and his body is already breaking down. The draft is producing very little for them. Gilbert is another disapointment there. Sweet pea isn't sweet. Cato is a safety trying to play weakside LB. But they have no one else and have no choice.

Freeney 's magic is gone, Mathis never had any, and Booger is in his mid thirties too. Run blitzing as an defensive style won't work against very many teams or stand up to OC scrutiny for long.

There simply aren't very many defensive players that would play for any other team. Outside of the aging stars, their aren't many on the Offense either.

So congratulation to the Colts. At least we'll be back. Can't say as I'm sure for them.

Last edited:
honestly i feel the same bad feeling...

i am not able to see if was worst this year then last year...

but probably this year is worst

we could have been to the Super Bowl and try to revenge 1985...

pity...

i still can not forget we were 21-3...
what an opportunity we lost...

No because even though there was some lop sided officiating last night there weren't as many or as awful calls as there were in that Denver game. You can look at the non-calls (especially the PI by the Colts in the endzone) and the ticky-tack call of ruffing the passer (Uhm I don't want to EVER hear tuck rule from an Indy fan again) that may have cost the Pats the points to win a 4 point game but, nothing compared to the PI call (that was only offensive PI) on Asante Samuel that completely changed the momentum of a game the Pats controlled until that point. Funny thing is if the officials had completely stayed out of it (as the officials had up until this game) I'd be congratulating the Colts. But, unfortunately they made it just lop sided enough that I can't. However, the Denver game was much worse and no one can question the officiating cost them that game so I found that loss much harder. I think the Pats could have over-come the lop sided officiating in this game. They just didn't.

Much worse this year. Even though we did beat ourselves and had a chance last year, I really don't think we were that good. We got killed a few times, and they weren't the premiere team that we hoped they were.
We (statistically) were as good as the 2003 team, and it was the most well rounded team we've ever had. Belichick almost always beats a team the second time he plays them, and I hate to lose the legacy of "owning" the Colts. Losing to them is much more painful than losing to anyone else.

Despite the overwhelming disappointment of yesterday's loss, I feel better than I did "the day after" last year. I can't explain it, but I think we beat the team with the best individual talent in the league last week and left everything on the field in narrowly losing the (true) SuperBowl to a team with a future HOF QB yesterday. I wanted to see them get "four in six years" as badly as anyone (see my signature line), but there was so much to be proud of in our guys this season, especially since the Jacksonville game, that today I feel profoundly sad but extremely proud. The Denver game last year left me feeling that we blew it. Yesterday, while it is a bitter pill to swallow indeed, I felt we were beaten by a team that played better.

Last edited:
Oh I also forgot to mention a Super Bowl win last year would have been 3 in a row. That really killed me. This year however, we had the match-up I wanted. Payback to the Bears. :mad:

Last year I believed we were invincible -- a third SB was coming our way.
This year I thought we could lose, so I am less suicidal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back