PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we really have that much faith in the Jets beating Miami??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking/hoping it would come up on its own but are there any past examples of an NFL team taking a fall to spite a rival?

The fact that an example has not come up yet leads me to believe that it may have never happened, at least not in an obvious way.

I was thinking/hoping it would come up on its own but are there any past examples of an NFL team taking a fall to spite a rival?
The fact that an example has not come up yet leads me to believe that it may have never happened, at least not in an obvious way.

I think JP losman was mad at Wilfork, because Wilfork hit losman in the knees and losman purposely fumbled the ball.

Last edited:
I think JP losman was mad at Wilfork, because Wilfork hit losman in the knees and losman purposely fumbled the ball.

That actually turned out to benefit us! If JP doesn't lose that football the Jets are eliminated from the playoffs heading into week 17. ;)

As bad as it sucked at the time it ended up giving us hope.

As bad as it sucked at the time it ended up giving us hope.

Ah yes, a how would you say it, Blessing in Disguise.

One thing to remember is the Meadowlands isn't an easy place to throw and that Pennington's lack of arm hurt him there more than it hurts him in most places. If the Jets come to play I think they have a very good chance to win.

Brett Favre is very capable of torching the Dolphins' overrated secondary. I have a lot of faith the Jets can take care of our business this weekend.

I remember the last time we needed Brett Favre to win in order to get us into the playoffs. I think that was the last week in 2002. I'm kinda hedging my bet on the Jags right now.

The Jets have NO chance vs. Miami.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I said the same thing about Denver's chance vs. NY earlier this year so hopefully I've got the same reverse mojo working.

P.P.S. Oh, while I'm at it: Jacksonville has NO chance vs. the Ravens.

The Jets have NO chance vs. Miami.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I said the same thing about Denver's chance vs. NY earlier this year so hopefully I've got the same reverse mojo working.

P.P.S. Oh, while I'm at it: Jacksonville has NO chance vs. the Ravens.

I pray that your reverse mojos keep working. :)

Jets will win this.

I am more worried about us, especially given the Bills poor record against us as SVN points out; don't want them getting too motivated to derail us. Hope we get a W without any injury.

GO PATS!!

Last edited:
The difference between the two teams is the turnovers. When Favre has one of his horrible games (which he's been having since the Titans game) the Jets lose. Favre has been killing this team the last four weeks.

The Fins haven't beaten anyone good but they are doing enough to beat below average teams.

This should be a one possesion game in the 4th Quarter if Favre doesn't play like garbage.

If we don't make the playoffs with an 11-5 record, what can you do? You can't be unhappy with how your team played, especially in our situation.

The Dolphins are just unbelievably well coached. The Jest can beat them.

what a pickle the JETs are in.

Assume the PATs beat the Bills

then
1 If Jets win they help their hated rival win the Division
2. If Jets lose, they lose the division to their former QB on their home turf.

winning is their only hope of getting into the playoffs, slim as that might be.

Kama baby ... Kama :D

No I don't have much hope. The Phins have been focused and playing well enough to win. This is also a serious revenge game for Noodle Arm too. He will play his hardest to win and his team will be behind him.

Thank goodness the game is in New Jersey. Is this the last game in the Meadowlands?? The crowd hopefully should be a factor along with the weather. I can only hope.

Big day for football Sunday. Games to watch all day and night with playoff implications. Should make for a great day.

Last edited:
Re: what a pickle the JETs are in.

Kama baby ... Kama :D

Do you really mean 'kama' or meant 'karma'?

Both are Sanskrit words and 'Kama' means something totally different - not a simple meaning because it involves lust but not necessarily in a negative manner.

Karma, on the other hand, denotes the belief in the cyclical flow of life in which you reap what you sow and pay/earn for your acts in this life or next.

Sanskrit is an extremely amazing and logical language and even the slightest change in either spelling or pronounciation can mean different things. :)

Re: what a pickle the JETs are in.

Do you really mean 'kama' or meant 'karma'?

Both are Sanskrit words and 'Kama' means something totally different - not a simple meaning because it involves lust but not necessarily in a negative manner.

Karma, on the other hand, denotes the belief in the cyclical flow of life in which you reap what you sow and pay/earn for your acts in this life or next.

Sanskrit is an extremely amazing and logical language and even the slightest change in either spelling or pronounciation can mean different things. :)

So would it be okay for me to say I got kama for a Lombardi?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back