PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we really have that much faith in the Jets beating Miami??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling Jest beat the Fish something like 24-14 and we beat the Bills something like 23-16.

I have no faith that the Jets will beat Miami, none.

Coaching staff is beyond dumb...

and Favre is looking very old & tired....

and the defense's next sack will be a bag of donuts...

Hopefully they will get in and we can host them in a WC game at Gillette but
I don't see that happening. In fact I don't see us getting in either unfortunately... :mad:

I have no faith that the Jets will beat Miami, none.

Coaching staff is beyond dumb...

and Favre is looking very old & tired....

and the defense's next sack will be a bag of donuts...

Hopefully they will get in and we can host them in a WC game at Gillette but
I don't see that happening. In fact I don't see us getting in either unfortunately... :mad:

Yeah and the Fish are looking like SB contenders :rolleyes:

It's 50-50 (although the line gives the Jets the edge). I have no faith either way.

I think the Jets have a chance. The Dolphins play in a lot of close games -almost every Miami game this season has been a 1-possession game in the 4th quarter. If the Jets can keep from imploding in the 4th quarter then it could happen - tall order, I know.

I guess I'm out here by myself, but I just can't root for the Jets under any circumstances. I'll be happy if the Patriots beat the Bills by 40, Favre throws four interceptions, announces his retirement, and Mangini gets canned right after the game.

I guess I'm out here by myself, but I just can't root for the Jets under any circumstances. I'll be happy if the Patriots beat the Bills by 40, Favre throws four interceptions, announces his retirement, and Mangini gets canned right after the game.

I'd like to see the Patriots in the playoffs.

This hating of the Jets goes beyond what even the most angry Red Sox fan would have against the Yankees. If the Yanks needed to beat the Devil Rays for the Sox to make the playoffs last year, I'm guessing that 99.9% of Sox fans would root for the Yanks.

Thanks for reminding me--I hate the Yankees too. In fact I hate the Yankees so much that I hate the Knicks.:)

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul." Julie de Lespinasse

Yeah and the Fish are looking like SB contenders :rolleyes:

I must be getting slow in my old age but this response was not well understood
by me. Are you implying that the talent on the phish is not good enough to
beat the Jets? If so, you are very wrong.

Come on guys! Irrespective of all the negative news swarming the Jets right now, I am fully confident that they will regroup and thrash the Fins irrespective of Pennington trying his best to show that he is a better QB(which I agree btw).

Favre will not make dumb mistakes because this could be his last game and he is going to do his best to avoid two sordid performances. The coach is fighting for his job and the players are seeking for redemption. And final two points: it is at their home and they have to win for a chance to go into the playoffs.

So, I expect the Jets to have a solid W.

I hope and pray that we also have a W with no injuries.

GO PATS!!

IMO, Jets can and will beat the fish.
It's for honor they will do it.
Not for Mangini but for themselves.
They have been disgraced and will look to
restore honor. Fish will have their guard down
thinking the JETs are imploding.
( I have thought they would just pack it in but now I think they will rise up and beat the fish.)

Last edited:
I must be getting slow in my old age but this response was not well understood
by me. Are you implying that the talent on the phish is not good enough to
beat the Jets? If so, you are very wrong.

Not sure what he meant by that but the Dolphins-Jets game will come down to the last possession imo. Teams are very close talent wise and although the Jets are struggling right now on offense I think Miami can be had defensively when defending the pass. If the Jets can contain Porter I look for Favre to have a big game, over the last few games (since Pats W down there) Miami has been allowing big yardage and points. SF game they allowed big yardage w/out Gore but only 9 pts, the other two opponents were STL and BUF, Losman's 1st start. We all know what KC did this week. I'll give it to them they have been finding ways to win but the games have been close and opponents have started to exploit their defense. KC had 492 yds of offense and if they didn't implode by turning the ball over twice inside the Miami 20 and gave the rock to Larry Johnson more (12 carries for 108 yds), especially on 4th and 1 with with 4 mins or so to go where they rolled out Thigpen who fell into a sack, they would have won. I guess that's why the Chiefs have 2 wins, if you give them enough rope they will hang themselves. Although I can see the Jets choking, I have a strong feeling that you will see them rally and produce a big effort in front of their home crowd, especially with a chance to go to the playoffs and a lot of people in that organization playing for their jobs (FO, coaches and players).

"You know that when I hate you, it is because I love you to a point of passion that unhinges my soul." Julie de Lespinasse

Wow, I feel bad for you, man. If a girl named Julie broke up with me in that fashion, I wouldn't know what to think.

By the way, was she cute? And if so, do you have her number still?

Favre will not make dumb mistakes because this could be his last game and he is going to do his best to avoid two sordid performances.

Favre's last possession in the Giants-Packers NFCCG last year:

(14:13) B.Favre pass short right intended for D.Driver INTERCEPTED by C.Webster at GB 43. C.Webster to GB 34 for 9 yards (D.Driver).

Wow, I feel bad for you, man. If a girl named Julie broke up with me in that fashion, I wouldn't know what to think.

By the way, was she cute? And if so, do you have her number still?

Jilted John, I've been going out with a girl,her name is Julie,
Last night she said to me when we was watching telly
Listen John I love you,but there's this bloke I fancy
etc.

Favre's last possession in the Giants-Packers NFCCG last year:

(14:13) B.Favre pass short right intended for D.Driver INTERCEPTED by C.Webster at GB 43. C.Webster to GB 34 for 9 yards (D.Driver).

Agree, but I said 'two' sordid performances, right? ;)

now, do me a favor and not dig up Favre's two sordid performances ok?? :D

Not really, but it's not like we have a choice. :(

IMO the Jets aren't worth hating. The team has sucked for multiple consecutive decades, so I don't even care enough about them to actively root against them, let alone to root against them to the point that I don't care if the Pats miss the playoffs.

Do you think Steelers fans spend this much time hating the Bengals?

Last edited:
IMO the Jets aren't worth hating. The team has sucked for multiple consecutive decades, so I don't even care enough about them to actively root against them, let alone to root against them to the point that I don't care if the Pats miss the playoffs.

Do you think Steelers fans spend this much time hating the Bengals?

Did the Bengals steal their coach after the SB loss in 95? Did they take away one of the best backs in Steeler history? Did the Steelers then swipe their coaching staff in return? Did the Bengals rat out the Steelers leading to one of the biggest (albeit media created) sports scandals/stories? Did they tamper with their best WR on their roster? :confused: Oh did I mention they are from NY?

Hell the Browns didn't even have a team for few years and Steeler fans still hate them!

F*ck the Jets...I'm rooting against the Dolphins!!! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey