Welcome to PatsFans.com

Do we really have that much faith in the Jets beating Miami??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Im happy today, but can we really ask this jets team that has done nothing in the last month to beat miami?? Farve looks washed up, no doubt.. I mean Kc moved the ball on miami, SF moved the ball. I think Miami could be beat.. But here is the kicker, and this is how the nfl works.. As I type this Den SD is the flex game.. so if miami /nyj is moved to 4 the ravens and pats game will be decieded by then.. The Jets will have nothing to play for, since they are eliminated.. Could Mangini stick it to us, or would he be doing it to himself and get fired... Interesting week,and Im glad its going until past christmas... Exciting last month no doubt...
  2. dtbrks

dtbrks Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The jets suck and it's hard to imagine them actually playing a good game next week, but I have to hope.
  3. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The Jets still have an outside shot of getting in, so they have to try. I think they can beat the Dolphins, it's not insurmountable.
  4. slash83

slash83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I do the jets suck but im still not convinced miami is a very good team and are very beatable.
  5. Lifer

Lifer Banned

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0

Have you watched NFL football at any time over the last, say 20 or 30 or 40 years???

The game is at home, Favre is not exactly the worst QB in football. The Jets are very capable of winning a big game at the Meadowlands in December. And Miami isnt exactly the 1978 Pittsburgh Steelers.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  6. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The Dolphins barely beat the Chiefs today. The two teams went back and forth all game. Anything can happen next Sunday.
  7. barrett092

barrett092 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Does anyone know Miami's overall record at NEW YORK in the month of December?

I know the past doesn't matter but I still believe in jinxes.
  8. Boston Jay

Boston Jay Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I'm honestly hoping for Jacksonville to somehow upset the Ravens and for the Pats to beat the Bills. I don't care about how the Pats get in, as #3 or #6.

I don't have faith when it comes to the New Jersey Bretts beating the Fins. I fully expect Pennington to hand the Bretts their ass on a platter as the last FU from the football gods to the Jests fanbase.
  9. BoTown

BoTown Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Their last road game against the Jets in December was in 1999, which the Dolphins lost.
  10. tombonneau

tombonneau Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think the league will have the pats & jets game on concurrently to avoid this scenario and then ravens at 4. This should maximize the drama as ravens will likely be win-and-in, as unlikely they back in with loss.
  11. barrett092

barrett092 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Wow its been that long huh.

I have a feeling the overall record is very bad for the dolphins up in NY in the month of december.
  12. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +891 / 5 / -4

I have zero faith in the Jets. Here is why:

1.) Poor coaching. We saw some of the bonehead mistakes Mangini calls today. The biggest has been his desire not to run the ball especially when the Jets had that surge in the middle of the year not on the arm of Favre, but the legs of Jones and Washington.
    2.) The Jets defense has not been the same since Jenkins was injured in the Titans game.
    3.) I think Favre is done and thinking more about heading back to Mississippi than playing his best. Granted he will have a change of heart in the offseason again.
  13. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Yes, that would make the most sense. And it would make for some incredible TV.
  14. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Maybe it will be Favre's last game and the team will play so he can go out with a win.
  15. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

As long as the game isn't starting later in the day and the Jets playoff hopes are still alive, I think it's a decent chance. Miami hasn't exactly been world beaters, they've struggled against some pretty bad teams. The meadowlands is a very tough place to play and it will be a playoff atmosphere. I'm not putting my full faith in it but it can definately happen.
  16. stcjones

stcjones Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 11 / -5

#12 Jersey

The Jests should not lose this one at home in probably frosty conditions....against a team that has barely beat....well everyone recently....

They have alot to play for.......if they lose they are OUT......IF they lose....that big, fat tub of dog sh#t AKA Man-gina....AKA Eric "the Rat" is most likely going to get fired......I think NY steps up and beats Miami well next week.......GO PATS!
  17. barrett092

barrett092 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Any historians among us?
  18. Patriot_dynasty

Patriot_dynasty Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There two things I know for certain, my wife will have a headache when we go to bed tonight, and the Jets WILL win next week.
  19. hambone1818

hambone1818 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 3 / -0

To me, the first question that needs to be asked is: would the league ever move the Jets game to 4pm? If they do then 1) the NFL, as an organization, has no sense of competitive spirit, and 2) the Jets, having most likely been eliminated at that point, would lay down like the dogs they are.

If that isn't the case then I truly see a very competitive game between them and Miami. Neither team is a world-beater, as we saw today, and with the game at the Meadowlands there's at least a slight home field advantage. I'm cautiously optimistic.

However, before ANY of this can really be discussed the Pats have to take care of their own business.
  20. Hardboiled

Hardboiled Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I have a bad memory of Favre with the Packers laying down against the Jets in 2002 and with the Jets win knocking the Pats out of the Playoffs. I don't have a good feeling about him next week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.