PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we really have that much faith in the Jets beating Miami??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just overlooked? Doesnt the wildcat offense negate any passer protection? I would see it as Pennington is open season to "light him up" with late hits if he happens to be in anyones path.

Thinking about it, I think the ONLY way the Jets win this game is if Mangini and Schottenheimer smarten up (I know a tough task) and take the ball out of Favre's hands and give it to Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. Favre is just too much of a liability right now and the strength of that offense is on the ground.

The coaching staff forgot they had a running game last week and paid for it dearly. Let's hope they smarten up today. If Favre has more pass attempts than Jones and Washington have carries, the Jets will lose.

The Jets have NO chance vs. Miami.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. I said the same thing about Denver's chance vs. NY earlier this year so hopefully I've got the same reverse mojo working.

P.P.S. Oh, while I'm at it: Jacksonville has NO chance vs. the Ravens.

Pats have no chance in the Buffalo wind, either.

Thinking about it, I think the ONLY way the Jets win this game is if Mangini and Schottenheimer smarten up (I know a tough task) and take the ball out of Favre's hands and give it to Thomas Jones and Leon Washington. Favre is just too much of a liability right now and the strength of that offense is on the ground.

The coaching staff forgot they had a running game last week and paid for it dearly. Let's hope they smarten up today. If Favre has more pass attempts than Jones and Washington have carries, the Jets will lose.

Good point but we all know Miami's biggest weakness is defending the spread offense. If New york's O-LINE can push Miami around and run the ball so be it but if they cannot they will have to put the game in Favre's hands. Tempting anyway if you ever watched Miami vs the spread.

I fully expect the Jets to beat the Dolphins. They beat them earlier in the season, and the Dolphins are a fraudulent team that's made a living squeaking by terrible teams. Player for player, the Jets are a superior team, and I expect them to show that today.

I have very little faith in the Jets. Equally, I would have very little faith in the Dolphins to win, so I guess that says something.

Jets do still have some really good players, and if both teams play their best games I would expect the Jets to win. The Jets haven't played their best for a number of weeks though.

After reading this from PFT, my hopes just sunk a little more:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/12/28/report-favre-doesnt-like-playing-for-mangini/
"Favre doesn't like playing for Mangini"
Apart from a nagging shoulder injury that has gotten worse over the past few weeks, a major factor that will influence whether quarterback Brett Favre will return to the Jets in 2009 is whether and to what extent he’s happy.

Per FOX’s Jay Glazer, Favre isn’t happy playing for coach Eric Mangini.

The problem? In Green Bay, Favre had his own set of rules. In New York, Favre is treated like everyone else.

He regularly is called to the “principal’s office” to answer questions about the basis for Favre’s in-game decisions. Also, Mangini has called Favre out in front of the team.

So if Favre plays next year, it apparently won’t be for the Jets.

Have faith. Vegas says Jets win. ( I've never left Vegas up money ) so I'll go with house on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back