PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do we really have that much faith in the Jets beating Miami??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre will not want his potentially last game to be an embarassing loss, the fans will be charged up (unless the NFL is stupid and moves their game to 4)

I am dumbfounded that the NFL is this Fing lame.

The Chiefs were scoring at will against the Dolphins last week.

Had it not been for the turnovers, they win by 2 scores.

This Jets offense is still very dangerous when it clicks.

I wrote this in another thread, but it is appropo here:

I think folks are giving the Dolphins waaaaaay to much credit here.

Their 4 game win streak, since being dominated by the Patriots:

W 16-12 against St Louis (2-13)

W 16-3 against Buffalo (7-8)

W 14-9 against SF (6-9)

W 38-31 against KC (2-13)

Outside of their anomaly win over the Pats way back in week 3, they have beaten only ONE team with a winning record (the 8-7 Broncos).

The Pats haven't had a hard schedule either, but they have beaten the Jets (9-6), Denver (8-7), Miami (10-5), Arizona (8-7) without their starting QB, starting RB and the highest IR numbers since 1993.

The funny thing is, Jets fans are saying that Mangini is a stalking horse for the Patriots.

And if the improbable happened (i.e. Patriots, Ravens and Jets win--I give this a 10% chance max) then the Jets fans will be further reinforced in their view that Mangini was placed to help the Patriots!!!!!

The funny thing is, Jets fans are saying that Mangini is a stalking horse for the Patriots.

And if the improbable happened (i.e. Patriots, Ravens and Jets win--I give this a 10% chance max) then the Jets fans will be further reinforced in their view that Mangini was placed to help the Patriots!!!!!

Yeah, that Spygate thing really worked out in our favor! :D

Last edited:
None whatsoever. Favre has chosen an inopportune time to lose all of his skills

as a quarterback.

Last edited:
I have zero faith in the Jets. Here is why:

1.) Poor coaching. We saw some of the bonehead mistakes Mangini calls today. The biggest has been his desire not to run the ball especially when the Jets had that surge in the middle of the year not on the arm of Favre, but the legs of Jones and Washington.
2.) The Jets defense has not been the same since Jenkins was injured in the Titans game.
3.) I think Favre is done and thinking more about heading back to Mississippi than playing his best. Granted he will have a change of heart in the offseason again.
Jets suck and Dolphins are legitimate.

Best chance for the Jets to win is for Mangini to tell Favre to throw the game. Favre tosses balls to Dolphins DBs but is erratic and the passes fall in Coles' and Cotchery's hands.

I wrote this in another thread, but it is appropo here:

I think folks are giving the Dolphins waaaaaay to much credit here.

Their 4 game win streak, since being dominated by the Patriots:

W 16-12 against St Louis (2-13)

W 16-3 against Buffalo (7-8)

W 14-9 against SF (6-9)

W 38-31 against KC (2-13)

Outside of their anomaly win over the Pats way back in week 3, they have beaten only ONE team with a winning record (the 8-7 Broncos).

The Pats haven't had a hard schedule either, but they have beaten the Jets (9-6), Denver (8-7), Miami (10-5), Arizona (8-7) without their starting QB, starting RB and the highest IR numbers since 1993.

Agree'd, the Phins ain't zackly the 07' Patriots out there. They are not a particular strong team. Credit them for a good season, but let's face it, it's likley another "weather" game for them, and they aren't particularly good at them. KC played about 2 quarters yesturday and the game was still undecided until the last minute.

All that said........... NO, I have no faith in the Jets. They just suck.

Yes! Considering Favre needs an incentive to come back like Six TD tosses against the Doplhins. It would save us all from his yearly should i retire? should i not retire carousel.:rolleyes: If he goes out with a win he leaves no doubt.:snob:

Jets
are 5-2 at Home
are 9-2 vs Non West Coast Teams
beaten Tenn and NE on the road
are 7-1 against Miami in Meadolwands since 2000

Miami

rarely wins when travelling North in December
have played mediocre vs mediocre teams since beating the Patriots
only one win vs a winning team since the Patriots (8-7 Den)

The Jets will lie down if they think they cannot win the AFC East (Jax @ Ravens is also at 4:15). If that game isn't close I have no faith that the Jets will win. The Jets should win based on being the home team, the overall comparison of opponents and strength of schedules.

I was under the impression that the Jets are in if they win, Pats win, and Ravens lose - no? With the Ravens game also at 4 pm, the Jets won't yet know if they've yet been eliminated.

I was under the impression that the Jets are in if they win, Pats win, and Ravens lose - no? With the Ravens game also at 4 pm, the Jets won't yet know if they've yet been eliminated.

You are correct. Weather NE wins or not.......... If the Ravens lose, and the JETS win, the JETS are in. No likely that the Ravens lose, but they win not lie down, because no matter what.......... all scenarios for the JETS start with a WIN. Lets hope Fav-re has one good game left in him. :D

Last edited:
I may be reading this wrong, but by my count if the Ravens lose (admittedly a very big if) and the Dolphins win, we've got the Wild Card (provided we win).

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I may be reading this wrong, but by my count if the Ravens lose (admittedly a very big if) and the Dolphins win, we've got the Wild Card (provided we win).

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

No, you are correct. Provided we win, we need

1) A ravens LOSS, or

2) A Jets win.

Either, or.

Yeah, that Spygate thing really worked out in our favor! :D

jeezus....how IGNORANT can these d-bags in NY be.....unreal...

Jets
are 5-2 at Home
are 9-2 vs Non West Coast Teams
beaten Tenn and NE on the road
are 7-1 against Miami in Meadolwands since 2000

Miami

rarely wins when travelling North in December
have played mediocre vs mediocre teams since beating the Patriots
only one win vs a winning team since the Patriots (8-7 Den)

The Jets will lie down if they think they cannot win the AFC East (Jax @ Ravens is also at 4:15). If that game isn't close I have no faith that the Jets will win. The Jets should win based on being the home team, the overall comparison of opponents and strength of schedules.

That game being close has nothing to do with it. There's no way the Jets are going to check on the Jags' score in the middle of their game, and even if it was 50-0, the Jets wouldn't just lie down because, um, they'd still be alive.

The Dolphins were outplayed in every phase of the game against the 49ers....except the one that counts, the scoreboard. Miami had two big plays that led to 14 points and the 49ers moved the ball at will until they were in the red zone. For those that didn't see the game, it was mind numbing to watch. Same with the Chiefs game yesterday, the Dolphins defense couldn't stop them until the final two drives of the game. The Dolphins also had a nice 70 yard, nearly 8 minute drive in the 4th quarter to really put the game away.

There is no reason to think that the Jets can't beat the Dolphins. Neither team has played well over the last four weeks, but unfortunately one has been winning. Fortunately for us the Jets are at home and so far after losing on the west coast they returned home to beat the Cards (Favres best game), KC (barely) and Buffalo (the gift). Hopefully that trend continues just like the west coast trend did.

If you do, you shouldn't.

There is no reason to have any fath in the Jetsl.

They are poorly coached, have poor QB play, and haven't played a decent football game in over a month.

All reasons why they will win this coming Sunday ...
Nobody wants to lose their last game of the season either ... not for any reason.

Im happy today, but can we really ask this jets team that has done nothing in the last month to beat miami?? Farve looks washed up, no doubt.. I mean Kc moved the ball on miami, SF moved the ball. I think Miami could be beat.. But here is the kicker, and this is how the nfl works.. As I type this Den SD is the flex game.. so if miami /nyj is moved to 4 the ravens and pats game will be decieded by then.. The Jets will have nothing to play for, since they are eliminated.. Could Mangini stick it to us, or would he be doing it to himself and get fired... Interesting week,and Im glad its going until past christmas... Exciting last month no doubt...

I think the Jets have a better chance of winning if they have nothing to play for, or even if they probably have nothing to play for.
They would be the perfect team to play their best game of the season only to see us and Bmore win, or if they are flexed to 8pm, winning even if they don't get it.

The one time you can count on chokers is when their is no reason to choke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back