PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Do the skins have it up front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats fans can talk smack all they want to. They haven't beaten us going back to the George Allen era of the 1970's. Even Steve Spurrier took them out. If we don't win the game, we will leave having their respect. I can guarantee that.

Skins Fan #1

Tom Brady and Randy Moss are real worried about the losses to the Skins 20 years ago. I hear Welker was really devastated by one of the losses in the 90s.

Tom Brady and Randy Moss are real worried about the losses to the Skins 20 years ago. I hear Welker was really devastated by one of the losses in the 90s.

Word on the street is TB has been seing a Buddhist because of this last loss to the Skins.

Sir... you have completely missed the point..... let me try this again. WHO care what their average is. The fact is, that is what we got. 5 sacks that game 16 total. If you want to start skewing stats and such then look at your own record and stats and look at who you played.
Even taking your 16 sacks, combine that with our 7 allowed and it leads to about 1.5 for the game. 1 or 2. Fine.

And when Football Outsiders ranks your pass rush 16th and our pass protection 7th - I'm good with that.

Unless Greg Williams has a special gameplan for the Patriots, I don't think we will see to see too much blitzing from the Redskins this Sunday. If that's the case, their front four won't be able to generate enough pressure on Brady because their recievers get open quickly. If teams don't blitz Brady, they will lose. End of story.

Last edited:
Even taking your 16 sacks, combine that with our 7 allowed and it leads to about 1.5 for the game. 1 or 2. Fine.

And when Football Outsiders ranks your pass rush 16th and our pass protection 7th - I'm good with that.

You are slowly catching on... I will take those numbers. I hope you understand what i was trying to say now. It is not up to you to discount stats because you deem a team unfit.

They will remember who we are this time after they recover from their concussions from Taylor and Landry.

Disclaimer: bwdjr does not represent the thoughts or opinions of the Redskins Organization or Redskins_XLII, in any way shape or form.

You are slowly catching on... I will take those numbers. I hope you understand what i was trying to say now. It is not up to you to discount stats because you deem a team unfit.
Your team is tied for 12th/13th in total sacks. FO ranks them 16th. In other words, THEY discounted the stats. It is what it is and your pass rush is solid. Nothing more.

Your team is tied for 12th/13th in total sacks. FO ranks them 16th. In other words, THEY discounted the stats. It is what it is and your pass rush is solid. Nothing more.

Yes i am sure the statistical guys in the NFL sit around the table and say... well they played Team X who sucks so we cant count these stats................ We have also had a bye week already, so that is 1 less game for possible sacks.

Last edited:
not bad for rushing 3-4 guys.
Good luck with that. Although the teams we've faced aren't pass rushing demons, the only game we had any pressure was Dallas' big blitz scheme in which we allowed 3 of our 7 total for the year.

Disclaimer: bwdjr does not represent the thoughts or opinions of the Redskins Organization or Redskins_XLII, in any way shape or form.
I represent all Skins fans nationwide. If the Pats swing, we have to swing back. Stop being so diplomatic. Kick some tail.

I represent all Skins fans nationwide. If the Pats swing, we have to swing back. Stop being so diplomatic. Kick some tail.

Diplomacy is the name of the game my man. But yes... Hail to the Redskins.

The Redskins' defensive strength is their back seven. They do not have a great d-line. I think that will be their undoing against the Pats. Redskins fans can argue that the reason why they don't have the sacks or QB pressures is because they rarely blitz, but if they start blitzing the Pats that will take away players from coverage which is why their defense has been so good vs. the pass.

So do they improve a defensive "weakness" by taking away their strength? What if blitzing doesn't work? Then they have just weaken their defense to play outside their game.

Redskins rushing only 3 and 4 would be an interesting thing to watch. Tom should have all day to pick um apart.

The Redskins' defensive strength is their back seven. They do not have a great d-line. I think that will be their undoing against the Pats. Redskins fans can argue that the reason why they don't have the sacks or QB pressures is because they rarely blitz, but if they start blitzing the Pats that will take away players from coverage which is why their defense has been so good vs. the pass.

So do they improve a defensive "weakness" by taking away their strength? What if blitzing doesn't work? Then they have just weaken their defense to play outside their game.

Well i am waiting for these answers just as eagerly as you are. We will find out at 4:15 on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe