2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will that Patriots make the playoff this year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's not one guaranteed winnable game for them the rest of the way.

Not when you have a Jekyll and Hyde defense like this.

All it takes is one bad Brady game for them to lose at this point.

Everyone talks like their schedule is a shoe in. Did we not forget the Pats needed 500 passing yards from Brady to beat the Dolphins!!!

Win Sunday night, they're 6-3 and to me they're looking at 11-5. Lose Sunday night and its 9-7 here we come. This team is ready to have the wheels fall of the wagon and a loss Sunday night on national television will pretty much be the nail in the coffin. If they somehow scrape into the playoffs it'll be one and done once more because this season has showed us that, once again, this team struggles against really good teams....hence, the last few playoff disasters....the proof needs to be in the pudding. Win a game on the road against a good team and skeptics like myself might believe in this team a little more than we do right now...Until they do, I see no evidence that the 2011 Patriots will be anything more than a footnote in the franchise's history....

Last edited:
Both Pats and Jets are making the playoffs most likely. Real question is who will win the division and whoever wins this weekend will most likely take the division. Only difference in our schedules in you have colts and we still have giants.

Bills are exposed as the gimmick they are. No way either of us lose to them at home so thats 2 more losses for them on top of the Cowboys this weekend who should win. Either way I just do not think they have what it takes.

Bengals are not good and have beaten nobody. Steelers and Ravens twice each is going to bring them crashing down to earth hard. They are just not talented enough to compete with them yet.

Wild card spots are going to Jets/Pats and probably Steelers.

who ever wins this game will win the AFC east if the pats lose i still think they will be the 6th seed

If they beat the Jets this weekend, I could see the Pats going 12-4 and getting the #2 seed. Lose and they go 11-5 and still make the playoffs.

I voted NO... b/c I think they are a POOR play-off contender that would go 1 and done and I don't want to see that again.

The only thing going for this team is a weak ending schedule... we don't deserve to be in playoffs.:eek:

They will make the playoffs ........ For about 3 hours in,then out.

Yes to get blown out first round by the Raiders lol.

The Patriots play in a tough division. There's not a team in it that I'd say is great, but the division is competitive with the Bills and Jets being solid.

And I don't think the Dolphins are as big of a pushover as everything seems to think. Yes, they've been losing but they've been rather competitive in most of their games. I think Pats, Jets, and Bills are more than capable of being upset by the Dolphins.

They gave the Pats a scare, the Giants as well, and were at least competitive with the Jets in the first half of their meeting.

Whoever wins the division will be the team that took care of their division.

This is a tough one to call....but I unfortunately have to go with "no" we wont make it in this year. Because of our anemic secondary, hot and cold run D, inability thus far for D to get it done late in games, our abandoning of the run game too often, no WR to stretch the field, teams knowing that if they disrupt the Brady to welk connection...and DC knowing that if u get in bradys face early and often and make him uncomfortable he makes mistakes or can't get it done. With our WR situation and the fact that d's are now bumping them at line and slowing them down....then get the rush on brady....then contain welk (and gronk)....you have the recipe to beat the pats. Think unfortunately we lose today....lose to philly .....and one other team is going to have a "cleveland" game against us ...or play "their SB" game against us and we finish 10-6....hope I'm wrong....just too many holes to fill this year imho

I'm happy with the poll where they hit each other for 60 minutes multiple times. The results are unimpeachable.

Last edited:
The answer's an obvious No, but if they somehow do sneak in the POs, they will be embarassed - again - in the first round.

Yes and they will win a playoff game against a team no one thinks they can beat.

We are at the half way point of the season, the Pats are 5 and 3 and in the middle of the hardest part of their schedule. So I ask, Do the Pats make the playoffs?
Yes but most likely are one and done.

Last edited:
The answer's an obvious No, but if they somehow do sneak in the POs, they will be embarassed - again - in the first round.

You might want to take another look at the schedules of all the contenders.

We'll be 5-4 if we lose on Sunday.

Who out of the :

Colts
Chiefs
Broncos
Bills
Dolphins
Washington
Philly

Do you think we'll lose to?

All of those teams are teams who are on the skids at the moment except maybe the Chiefs and Bills (who are faltering).

I think we make the playoffs and have a 12-4 record. The real test will be getting a goddamn playoff win for the first time since Bush was in office.

I think the one we may have the most problem with is the Eagles. We aren't too good at containing the QB and that will give us problems. I just hope we beat the JESTS and move on to the next team.

You might want to take another look at the schedules of all the contenders.

Sorry, DI, but after the Patsies lose the next 2 games, the rest of anybody's schedules won't make a dime's worth of difference to our PO chances here. AT 5-5, the wheels will start to fall off completely, and things could get very ugly.

Sorry, DI, but after the Patsies lose the next 2 games, the rest of anybody's schedules won't make a dime's worth of difference to our PO chances here. AT 5-5, the wheels will start to fall off completely, and things could get very ugly.

The Patriots are not losing to the Chiefs.

There's not one guaranteed winnable game for them the rest of the way.

Not when you have a Jekyll and Hyde defense like this.

All it takes is one bad Brady game for them to lose at this point.

Everyone talks like their schedule is a shoe in. Did we not forget the Pats needed 500 passing yards from Brady to beat the Dolphins!!!
Well that's a ridiculous remark given the Colts many and varied issues in 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call