PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Discussions occured re: Deion Branch - Seattle Beat Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Price enters the equation, certainly not right away.

This!

I don't think the Pats are a cheap organization but i certainly don't like the way they handle there young players. If the guy fits your system and you have won with him why not go to the guy a year or two before their contract runs out and re-up the guy. It just seems that they want to to squeeze every last drop out of the rookie contracts and what does that do you get an angry player at the negotiating table. There is know doubt that they blew it in 2006 when Givens and Branch both left productive players that knew the system thrived in the system and you one championships with. Whatelse would you want from a player, but once again if they had been proactive both guys would have been here i truly believe this. Just remember we lost to the Colts in 2006 and if we had Givens and Branch IMO that would have been another title. The Krafts do meddle and it has hurt this team over the last few years and I believe thats why BB has changed his draft philosophy draft as many picks every year versus going for a more talented player earlier in the draft such as the Jets methodolgy.

I don't think the Pats are a cheap organization but i certainly don't like the way they handle there young players. If the guy fits your system and you have won with him why not go to the guy a year or two before their contract runs out and re-up the guy. It just seems that they want to to squeeze every last drop out of the rookie contracts and what does that do you get an angry player at the negotiating table. There is know doubt that they blew it in 2006 when Givens and Branch both left productive players that knew the system thrived in the system and you one championships with. Whatelse would you want from a player, but once again if they had been proactive both guys would have been here i truly believe this. Just remember we lost to the Colts in 2006 and if we had Givens and Branch IMO that would have been another title. The Krafts do meddle and it has hurt this team over the last few years and I believe thats why BB has changed his draft philosophy draft as many picks every year versus going for a more talented player earlier in the draft such as the Jets methodolgy.

They do go to players early, they do it all the time. They re-upped with Seymour, Brady, Warren, Bruschi, Vrabel, Law and various other players with more than a year left on their deals.

You should go back and look at Branch's situation. He was actually 2 years out from the end of his deal. He wanted out early because he had a long rookie contract and he had well outperformed it.

You argument only makes sense with Asante Samuel, Logan Mankins, and Vince Wilfork. In those cases, they started negotiating in the last year of the player's contract.

RapSheet Alert: It's time to start paying attention to Deion Branch and the #Patriots again....whatever was dead before is not now.
3 minutes ago

RapSheet Alert: It's time to start paying attention to Deion Branch and the #Patriots again....whatever was dead before is not now.
3 minutes ago

:eek:

:D :D :D

you should make it a thread.

We're back in for practice tomorrow. Brady is on D&C tomorrow AM, everyone else was on today. Maybe he will have something to talk about besides hair.

I hope they're not just blowing smoke and this trade really happens.

I hope they're not just blowing smoke and this trade really happens.

Same here. We have a hole in the receiving corps and there's not really a receiver out there that will be able to fill it like Branch will.

what would you guys give up for branch at this point?

i dont think i would let anything higher than a 4th go...

MikeReiss Mike Reiss
Branch returned to his alma mater over the weekend to have his name & # become permanent fixture at Cardinal Stadium.

a 4th????:confused:

Just saw this on the Rap Sheet. Nothing earth shattering but Branch apparently missed practice for personal reasons.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: Rap Sheet Blog Archive Why the Deion Branch situation bears watching… again

Carroll gives Branch personal day off

Posted By Eric Williams on October 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm Share this
The Seattle Seahawks returned from four days off at the end of the bye week to start preparing for the team’s upcoming game against Chicago.
But one player was conspicuously absent from today’s workout – Deion Branch.

Read more: Carroll gives Branch personal day off | Seahawks Insider

Last edited:
Rap now says he's been told to be watching for something now. Breer is out at an owners meeting that is being held in Chicago. Sometimes that is when BB uses Bob to shmooze through a comp deal at ownership level.

Rap now says he's been told to be watching for something now. Breer is out at an owners meeting that is being held in Chicago. Sometimes that is when BB uses Bob to shmooze through a comp deal at ownership level.

Re: Branch or just in general?

what would you guys give up for branch at this point?

i dont think i would let anything higher than a 4th go...
I doubt it would take more than a #6 if we were going to take on his salary.

I doubt it would take more than a #6 if we were going to take on his salary.

how long is his contract for? who cares how much it is this year, theres no cap

hmmmm....interesting,too,that they have a couple of injuries on the OL...at guard in particular

how long is his contract for? who cares how much it is this year, theres no cap

He's signed thru 2011 for about $11M total, the balance for this year would be about $4.5M and around $5M in salary for 2011.

If Brady has been in contact with him as reported it's probably to encourage him to cooperate with a restructure if necessary to facilitate a trade. There is no way Seattle will pay him what he's owed for 2011, he'll be released eventually (although he will get his remaining 2010 salary as a vested vet either way). The Pats could used that to create a two year incentivized extension that gets him a shot at that remaining money or a little more. As a FA in 2011 coming off his last season in Seattle he won't be fielding offers much over veteran minimum prove it deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST