PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Discussions occured re: Deion Branch - Seattle Beat Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I heard on ESPN...

That the Patris and Seahawks are in talks about trading Branch to the Patriots!

Re: I heard on ESPN...

An older DB playing on one good knee :rolleyes:

Branch one one knee?:rolleyes:

That the Patris and Seahawks are in talks about trading Branch to the Patriots!

this thread is a day late and a few dollars short.

Branch looked pretty good when I saw him, fwiw. Who knows if he'll hold up, though. Still, if it's him or Taylor price getting important snaps, give me Branch.

An older DB playing on one good knee :rolleyes:

I saw him in the San Diego game. When he was in, he caught the ball and looked extremely quick after the catch. He looked pretty healthy to me. Of course we can just slide Taylor Price in there and watch him struggle to pick up the playbook, struggle with his hands, struggle with his routes, and struggle with his footing. That would be EXTREMELY full of win.

Rapoport's twitter suggests he's there for the taking :

"Update on Deion Branch: Seattle is certainly trying to ship him out by the deadline, the Herald learned. But nothing doing with Pats now"

I believe it's more of a $$$ issue than a draft pick issue.

I saw him in the San Diego game. When he was in, he caught the ball and looked extremely quick after the catch. He looked pretty healthy to me. Of course we can just slide Taylor Price in there and watch him struggle to pick up the playbook, struggle with his hands, struggle with his routes, and struggle with his footing. That would be EXTREMELY full of win.

Ya he must be EXTREMELY good if Seattle is trying desparately to trade him away, we all know how explosive and deep their WR's core is.

They have to pay Branch $5.47 million this year, they have a lot of reasons ($) to get rid of him.

Last edited:

Ya he must be EXTREMELY good if Seattle is trying desparately to trade him away, we all know how explosive and deep their WR's core is.

Actually, they're trying to get rid of him precisely because their WR corps is deep and he's not needed anymore. You should check out his highlights from this season, if you care to look for them. He's actually looked quite good.

Actually, they're trying to get rid of him precisely because their WR corps is deep and he's not needed anymore. You should check out his highlights from this season, if you care to look for them. He's actually looked quite good.
His contract certainly isn't helping things either..

Well....I think this is the point. This guy may show flashes of his old self, but supposedly his knees are shot and he is a shadow of his self now. That combined with the way he left here which was really bad.....says....don't touch this deal. I would rather go with our current WR/TE's than waste a draft pick on this guy and pay him 5 mil........DONT DO IT BB!!!!!

They have to pay Branch $5.47 million this year, they have a lot of reasons ($) to get ride of him.

thats the main reason . this is IMPOSSIBLE. Kraft does not want to pay even in a uncapped year. He wont pay 6 M even if Branch give you the SB automatically.

When's the last time you saw him play?

Is TJ Houshmandzadeh also a crappy receiver, since the Seahawks got rid of him just a couple weeks ago? Of course not: they're in full-blown rebuilding mode with a new coach, and they're jettisoning all of their veterans with hefty contracts.

When's the last time you saw him play?

Is TJ Houshmandzadeh also a crappy receiver, since the Seahawks got rid of him just a couple weeks ago? Of course not: they're in full-blown rebuilding mode with a new coach, and they're jettisoning all of their veterans with hefty contracts.
He was over payed and is overrated

Well, most of the players that make/made up our receiving/TE core pretty much are what you're describing, and I think you'd argue they were/are pretty good. If Welker's so good why did Miami trade him to us? If Moss is so good why did Oakland trade him? If Hernandez is so good why did he fall to the 4th round? So I believe your logic is flawed.

Rapoport's twitter suggests he's there for the taking :

"Update on Deion Branch: Seattle is certainly trying to ship him out by the deadline, the Herald learned. But nothing doing with Pats now"

I believe it's more of a $$$ issue than a draft pick issue.

Label me pissed if we dont trade for him because of money.

That **** is getting annoying

I don't see a problem with paying him $5M for one year in an uncapped year. If that's what's holding this deal up, than that's a pretty poor excuse given our situation at WR right now.

You guys don't think Branch would reconstruct to come back? He was teary-eyed talking about the pats this summer. Seattle sucks and doesn't need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST