PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Discussions occured re: Deion Branch - Seattle Beat Writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: I heard on ESPN...

You guys don't think Branch would reconstruct to come back? He was teary-eyed talking about the pats this summer. Seattle sucks and doesn't need him.

Why would he have to? The Pats moved a player making 9 million to possibly gain a player who makes 5? Im guessing the paychecks are significantly smaller

I don't see a problem with paying him $5M for one year in an uncapped year. If that's what's holding this deal up, than that's a pretty poor excuse given our situation at WR right now.

Especially with all the money they just saved on Moss.

You guys don't think Branch would reconstruct to come back? He was teary-eyed talking about the pats this summer. Seattle sucks and doesn't need him.

Considering the lengths he went to to get that contract, no, I doubt he would restructure. And he shouldn't have to. If money's the only issue, then the Pats need to make the trade. With all the money they just saved on Moss, that would be a crap reason for a trade to fall through.

Last edited:

Is there space on the roster right now? Like they just re-signed Ojinaka and I hardly think they are going to cut him again so I don't think anybody is coming in.

Last edited:

I don't see a problem with paying him $5M for one year in an uncapped year. If that's what's holding this deal up, than that's a pretty poor excuse given our situation at WR right now.

Kraft is always like that. Hopefully there will be lockout with a really low Salary Cap, because if not, we are gonna be like 15 to 25 in terms of expending money

Is there space on the roster right now? Like they just re-signed Ojinaka and I hardly think they are going to cut him again so I don't think anybody is coming in.
Can't they cut someone else?

I'm going to withhold judgement until i hear what Wilbon and Wingo are saying. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Can't they cut someone else?

The cut Ojinaka before so he was the bubble boy, it makes no sense to bring him back if they intended to bring in somebody else.

Why would he have to? The Pats moved a player making 9 million to possibly gain a player who makes 5? Im guessing the paychecks are significantly smaller

why pay 5 if you can pay 000.1 to someone like oyinakka or the other PS Qb .

Ya he must be EXTREMELY good if Seattle is trying desparately to trade him away, we all know how explosive and deep their WR's core is.

I still have never known what everyone's affinity with this guys is. I get it he had a great super bowl but the guy has steadily decreased his production ever since leaving here but people still talk about him like he's larry fitzgerald

Branch isn't the player he once was, but he's still got something left, and from what I've seen of him this year, I believe he could be dangerous in NE's offense. I don't $5M is an absurd amount of money for his services, either. NE probably won't pull the trigger on this one though.

Kraft is always like that. Hopefully there will be lockout with a really low Salary Cap, because if not, we are gonna be like 15 to 25 in terms of expending money

Will you stop spewing this crap. You clearly don't know your ass from your elbow about the business side of the NFL. Go educate yourself and then come back and talk about it.

I still have never known what everyone's affinity with this guys is. I get it he had a great super bowl but the guy has steadily decreased his production ever since leaving here but people still talk about him like he's larry fitzgerald

Now's the part where you point to a single instance of anyone even remotely comparing him to Fitzgerald. That's never happened.

I saw him in the San Diego game. When he was in, he caught the ball and looked extremely quick after the catch. He looked pretty healthy to me. Of course we can just slide Taylor Price in there and watch him struggle to pick up the playbook, struggle with his hands, struggle with his routes, and struggle with his footing. That would be EXTREMELY full of win.

I have yet to see him play this year but his stats certainly are on the decline. He looked quick, but did he look a bit slower or less agile since his injuries?

Will you stop spewing this crap. You clearly don't know your ass from your elbow about the business side of the NFL. Go educate yourself and then come back and talk about it.
Calm down Jonathan :D

Didn't we just get rid of an aging WR with declining skills that has lost a step?

With both Branch and Moss their best years are behind them. Tate and Hermandez it is ahead of them. The only thing bringing in an over the hill vet does is intefer with the development of the younger guys and takes away the oppertunity for Tom to develop the timing with them.

Didn't we just get rid of an aging WR with declining skills that has lost a step?

With both Branch and Moss their best years are behind them. Tate and Hermandez it is ahead of them. The only thing bringing in an over the hill vet does is intefer with the development of the younger guys and takes away the oppertunity for Tom to develop the timing with them.

This is exactly why Seattle is looking to dump Branch. They really like their young guys and want to get them on the field.

Branch isn't the player he once was, but he's still got something left, and from what I've seen of him this year, I believe he could be dangerous in NE's offense. I don't $5M is an absurd amount of money for his services, either. NE probably won't pull the trigger on this one though.

$6million (guaranteed). Also, this is his last year of the contract. He is a free agent next year.

He has "some left" in the tank? For $6mill? Not worth it, IMO.

Just see what the youngsters can do. I dont want a fragile (knee problems thru out his career) WR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST