PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. Went from might start practicing today to could still wind up on IR.
Honestly, this does not surprise me at all.

I followed Marcus Lattimore a lot after he got drafted by the 49ers. I loved him in college, so kept tabs on how he was doing. He was IR'd his first season. If I remember right, he also started the ensuing season on IR, with designation to return.

He continued to rehab, returned to practice, had a 21-day window, etc... and then, just when it looked like he was going to be added to the active roster, he abruptly retired, basically saying "it just wasn't meant to be, my legs aren't back."

Now, I'm certainly not saying I think Lewis will retire. I'm just saying, Lattimore went from "return is imminent" to literally retiring practically overnight. That's why all along I've been very reluctant to get my hopes on Dion. Even if he does come back and is added to the active roster, he'll probably be used sparingly anyway.

I can't vouch for his I.Q., but his 'music' sucks.

The_fd5ca2_1630540.jpg
i must be one of the lucky ones that cannot name /identify a song of his

At least now we know what 2nd surgery was for. Good news in that my research, the patella "fracture" sounds worse than it is. Basically a crack in the knee cap from stress of tighter tendons or attachment, or whatever. Anyway, one paper I read said it was just 3 weeks, and patient was good to go. The screws might even be a "just to make sure" type. So on the bright side, his actually original injury had 3+ extra weeks to heal . But now he'll need to rebuild muscle from 2nd one, and for that the same research said 1 day rehab per day off. So it'll be a couple weeks from here til we see him in action.

I also think the Pats have already gone slow with him, otherwise why take him of PUP now? They must think he'll be ready to contribute in 3 weeks as well. Otherwise, just keep him on the shelf a bit longer.

Last edited:
Little misleading, since the music industry has collapsed the last 10-15 years.
At no point in hip hop history has it come close to the popularity of rock & roll

If you think about the demographics, it makes total sense

This is just getting weird. You can like and dislike whatever music you like, but claiming that Aerosmith has outsold Drake in 2016 doesn't help your case. o_O And while it's hard to compare across technological eras (vinyl, cd, streaming), every stat I've seen suggests that Eminem has sold more records in 20 years than Aerosmith has in 45.

(Personally, I don't like Drake or Aerosmith, but y'all feel free to enjoy.)
Here you go....

What are the Most Popular Music Genres In America?

At no point in hip hop history has it come close to the popularity of rock & roll
It's a different world for entertainment..look at TV ratings or anything else. Used to be a handful of selections, millions watched or listened. Now there are countless choices, in tons of formats, etc.

And of course popularity doesn't always (ever?) have much to say about quality.

He's definitely like that now, but using the Welker example, I feel like Belichick used to be more on the other side, years ago. Parcells was a "football players play" guy. I don't think BB would play Welker at all now.

I think Belichick goes both ways. At least when it comes to resting players. :)

Some years he does it, or means to do it, as we learned about Welker in 2009 from A Football Life, and sometimes he doesn't.

I also remember Belichick getting accused of throwing a Miami game at the end of 2005. He was accused of telling Matt Cassell to throw away a two pointer at the end.

I think the main thing that drives the Pats to go all out is their desire to continue to refine their game. I think Belichick, more than most, considers the season a work in progress and that is why he may go hard right until the end.

This is just getting weird. You can like and dislike whatever music you like, but claiming that Aerosmith has outsold Drake in 2016 doesn't help your case. o_O And while it's hard to compare across technological eras (vinyl, cd, streaming), every stat I've seen suggests that Eminem has sold more records in 20 years than Aerosmith has in 45.

(Personally, I don't like Drake or Aerosmith, but y'all feel free to enjoy.)

I'm not really into rap, but I like this one. There's just something about it that gets me going.

It's a different world for entertainment..look at TV ratings or anything else. Used to be a handful of selections, millions watched or listened. Now there are countless choices, in tons of formats, etc.

And of course popularity doesn't always (ever?) have much to say about quality.
Quality is a separate discussion and is purely opinion based

I just posted a link that ranks genres every which way and hip hop falls far short of rock & roll

I also remember Belichick getting accused of throwing a Miami game at the end of 2005. He was accused of telling Matt Cassell to throw away a two pointer at the end.
Yeah, that was a bit of a different issue. I forget the teams involved but the Pats were playing more of a cupcake if they lost that one (Jax?)

Quality is a separate discussion and is purely opinion based

I just posted a link that ranks genres every which way and hip hop falls far short of rock & roll
Oh yeah, cd sales...they definitely skew older

Yeah, that was a bit of a different issue. I forget the teams involved but the Pats were playing more of a cupcake if they lost that one (Jax?)

IIRC Bill didn't want to be the #3 seed as they would have had Pitt at home and not JAX. He deemed Pitt the superior team which was proven correct b/c they won the SB.

...and I do think he tanked the 2pt conversion. That was also the Flutie drop-kick game.

The first ranking was cd sale, streaming and digital combined

Did you even look at it?
Yep. Rap/hip-hop most popular streaming, and beyond that sort of a goofy methodology..counting streaming with "Track Equivalent Albums" counting ten songs from an album as an album unit, with the same methodology applied to streamed tracks...which isn't really the way digital music is typically consumed.

Yep. Rap/hip-hop most popular streaming, and beyond that sort of a goofy methodology..counting streaming with "Track Equivalent Albums" counting ten songs from an album as an album unit, with the same methodology applied to streamed tracks...which isn't really the way digital music is typically consumed.
Dont act all butt hurt...rock & roll wins because it had fans across all age and race demographics. if we looked at the 15-35 crowd, hip hop would rank #1....but we're not

You're not going to find too many 45+ non-African Americans driving around blasting hip hop

Compare the price of a concert ticket of any hip hop artist compared to what Aerosmith or the Eagles (before Frey passed away) cost

And Chiuba, you can't disagree without stating your case :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case