PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this certainly changes things. I'm far less confident in his return after reading this. Though we should wait until he actually starts practicing to see how he fares.
Poor guy's leg is being held together with screws, staples and duct tape. Not the best scenario for an NFL RB. Hoping for the best, but we'll have to see how it goes. Personally, if he does make it back, much like with Gronk's arm, I will be cringing a little with every hit.

Poor guy's leg is being held together with screws, staples and duct tape. Not the best scenario for an NFL RB. Hoping for the best, but we'll have to see how it goes. Personally, much like with Gronk's arm, I will be cringing a little with every hit.

If he can go at all this season, I'd save him for the playoffs. He's more of a luxury than a necessity, but he can definitely put the offense over the top and he'd be nice to have in the postseason.

Wow. Went from might start practicing today to could still wind up on IR.

If this is true they will likely use the full window as to be sure there are no set backs before cutting someone else for him. No set backs and they'll activate and any further set backs and he'll wind up on IR.

He seems itching to go and ready to start testing it out. Hopefully this works out and he is back just after the buy.

this is absolutely ******ed, i pictured you chewing a piece of grass in a rocking chair on a porch somewhere when i read that
Haha!

The fact is, rock & roll still outsells hip hop by a fuggn mile bro.

Even Aerosmith outsells any hip hop artist in 2016

If you have facts that state otherwise, have at it kid. Otherwise your just pouting because the oldies still rule.

Even my 24 year old nephew admits that

Also, I picture you in diapers with a sucker in your mouth balling your eyes out :D

Haha!

This is just getting weird. You can like and dislike whatever music you like, but claiming that Aerosmith has outsold Drake in 2016 doesn't help your case. o_O And while it's hard to compare across technological eras (vinyl, cd, streaming), every stat I've seen suggests that Eminem has sold more records in 20 years than Aerosmith has in 45.

(Personally, I don't like Drake or Aerosmith, but y'all feel free to enjoy.)

This is just getting weird. You can like and dislike whatever music you like, but claiming that Aerosmith has outsold Drake in 2016 doesn't help your case. o_O And while it's hard to compare across technological eras (vinyl, cd, streaming), every stat I've seen suggests that Eminem has sold more records in 20 years than Aerosmith has in 45.

(Personally, I don't like Drake or Aerosmith, but y'all feel free to enjoy.)

i did look this up and technically, yeah Aerosmith has the most records sold in history (which is NUTS. HOW?)

but that was an era when you couldnt just download albums or stream them, theres no way you're going to convince me that drake or kanye west are not bigger artists now than aerosmith ever was

i did look this up and technically, yeah Aerosmith has the most records sold in history (which is NUTS. HOW?)

but that was an era when you couldnt just download albums or stream them, theres no way you're going to convince me that drake or kanye west are not bigger artists now than aerosmith ever was

I don't think the argument should be "who was bigger". Being an older guy who likes Aerosmith, Drake and Kanye, I can say in the 80s Aerosmith was pretty damn big. They were on MTV all the freaking time. That does not mean to say that they were bigger than those two as they are also very popular.

If you want to talk about # downloads, CDs, records, 8-tracks, 45s whatever the unit of measurement to determine popularity then that needs to be the argument. Even then because music distro has changed so much, I'm not that is even reasonable.

Haha!

If you have facts that state otherwise, have at it kid. Otherwise your just pouting because the oldies still rule.

Even my 24 year old nephew admits that

Also, I picture you in diapers with a sucker in your mouth balling your eyes out :D
Little misleading, since the music industry has collapsed the last 10-15 years.

Wow. Went from might start practicing today to could still wind up on IR.

If this is true they will likely use the full window as to be sure there are no set backs before cutting someone else for him. No set backs and they'll activate and any further set backs and he'll wind up on IR.

He seems itching to go and ready to start testing it out. Hopefully this works out and he is back just after the buy.
Well, the stress fracture is news to us, but they knew about it.

But as a fan, I've taken the approach with Lewis to expect nothing, and be thrilled if he can deliver. (It's like the pending free agents--just assume most will be gone, I've found that to be a MUCH easier approach. And it all works out fine in the end.)

Sales, more sales, lack of sales, whatever. With modern processing and production, realize that with every passing moment the "music" industry is less and less about musical talent and ability, and more about packaging. It's been a steady decline for many years.

Calling someone like Kanye West a musician is like calling a crack dealer a pharmacist. The dumbing down of America is way ahead of schedule.

Not surprised to hear any of this, knee injuries are sometimes very complicated and things that seem like normal procedures often cause other problems. Speaking from experience here. But the complete lack of any real information about Dion over the last 6 weeks kind of spelled out that something was not right. I sure hope this new stuff is all speculation or some BS of some kind.

Sales, more sales, lack of sales, whatever. With modern processing and production, realize that with every passing moment the "music" industry is less and less about musical talent and ability, and more about packaging. It's been a steady decline for many years.

Calling someone like Kanye West a musician is like calling a crack dealer a pharmacist. The dumbing down of America is way ahead of schedule.
The crazy thing Kanye is that his albums get high critical acclaim. I'm a hip-hop fan and I totally don't get it.

Guy's a genius.

I can't vouch for his I.Q., but his 'music' sucks.

The_fd5ca2_1630540.jpg

Last edited:
Tool is my favorite band, and they won't allow there music on digital distribution sites/apps. They always sell out there live shows though, and I guess thats the main bread and butter of todays musicians. They actually play the intro to "Sober" at Gillete during the game. Which is kinda weird but cool.

Anyway this Dion Lewis stress fracture wasn't this known awhile ago? He is electric with the ball in the open field, obviously we all saw it and was very fun to watch. The problem is how long as he been able to train and practice, as of right now I am not expecting the same guy this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes