PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually agree with you, but why wait? It has been 50 weeks from his injury? 51 weeks is a lot better? Everyone heals differently - how would we on the forum discern a 50 versus 51 week healing cycle?

Seattle is a much better, and much harder hitting, defense that swarms to the ball. Why subject Lewis to that in his first game back when waiting a week can put him in a position to be eased back under more favorable circumstances. It's not about the regular season. It's about the SB run in the playoffs.

He's active, I read.

not sure. Apparently some media think being on the roster is being active

It's the globe. Apparently they don't know some of the 53 will be inactive today.

I am so excited that Dion Lewis is back, if for nothing else that he is so much fun to watch. In a game that Goodell has run into the ground, he's someone who makes your heart skip a beat whenever he touches the ball.

Welcome back little man, can't wait to see you break some ankles!

Maybe 10 carries in risk adverse situations....

Apparently Lewis is active, but inactive. thanks, Globe!

I hope he takes as much time as he needs.

We're in a pretty good position right now, no need to rush back. A few warmup games then having him for the playoffs is all I need.

I think the game against seattle kind of exposed james whites weakness in that he cannot run the ball. dont get me wrong, he has been great catching the ball but its obvious they will pass when he is in

but a healthy lewis gives us more the threat of run or pass as he is a guy you can run a draw play for and he will pick up 10 yards

im only expecting a few snaps this week to get him acclimated. he will be needed more for denver and stronger defenses

james whites weakness in that he cannot run the ball

Agree completely. He is great at swing passes, but the guy cannot run the ball and make people miss.

I think the game against seattle kind of exposed james whites weakness in that he cannot run the ball. dont get me wrong, he has been great catching the ball but its obvious they will pass when he is in

but a healthy lewis gives us more the threat of run or pass as he is a guy you can run a draw play for and he will pick up 10 yards

im only expecting a few snaps this week to get him acclimated. he will be needed more for denver and stronger defenses
We knew White could not run the ball before the SEA game.

Vereen didn't do much better in the SB so SEA's D had a little bit to do with it.

We knew White could not run the ball before the SEA game.

Vereen didn't do much better in the SB so SEA's D had a little bit to do with it.

Yeah, Seattle's defense is REALLY fast and good at tackling. That's a bad combo for a smaller, shiftier back, especially one that isn't normally known for straight up running the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST