PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Retiring

ahmed

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
One of my favorite Pats players and one I was not happy to see go.

Very underrated. He was awesome here! Shiftiest back I had ever watched.

Since we’re on the topic, that 2015 team very likely could have gone undefeated if not for all the injuries. That team was dominant and he was a big reason for it on offense. I just looked back over their losses from that year and I really don’t see a game they lost that wouldn’t have been a win without the injuries.

He was unbelievable back in 2015, such a shame he got hurt. It was nice to see him bounce back in 2017 with a really good year but he was never quite the same after the ACL.

No he isn’t; he’s #42 on the NEP..

Pretty good back, but injuries always seemed to keep him sidelined. Last play from scrimmage in regulation for SB 51, he appeared to hyper extend his knee. I still cringe whenever I watch the replay of that game. I really thought he was done after that. His drive to succeed should help in the next phase of his life. Wish him well.

Would love it if the team would find a way to honor him, he definitely was a fan favorite.

Since we’re on the topic, that 2015 team very likely could have gone undefeated if not for all the injuries. That team was dominant and he was a big reason for it on offense. I just looked back over their losses from that year and I really don’t see a game they lost that wouldn’t have been a win without the injuries.
A healthy squad gets the #1 seed and obliterates Denver in the playoffs who I think was overrated.

Lewis was my favorite of the receiving type backs and had the talent to run and catch. However, his body wasn’t built to sustain it.

That would have meant 5 straight SBs too.

Chris ****ing Harper

Chris ****ing Harper
That wouldn’t have mattered with a healthy Edelman, Lewis, and Solder in there. With the way Gronk was playing that year, Lewis and Edelman would have been enough to blow that game open.

That wouldn’t have mattered with a healthy Edelman, Lewis, and Solder in there. With the way Gronk was playing that year, Lewis and Edelman would have been enough to blow that game open.

Yeah I agree…and yet that’s partly what made it so brutal. All those injuries, and they’re still leading 21-7 and getting the ball back midway through 4th quarter; Brock Osweiler on other sideline and the crowd essentially throwing in the towel.

Just close that out and then shut down most of the team, let everyone heal for the next six weeks, get #1 seed and HFA against Denver, who were as psyched out playing at Gillette as Pats were at Invesco.

Chris ****ing Harper

The split second he muffed that, we all felt the soul of the 2015 season leave us.

Yep...If we had merely one of Edelman or Amendola (or rookie Tyler Lockett instead of Glitch Richards, but I digress), he would've been on the field early in the 4th quarter to receive that punt, not Chris ****ing Harper... We win the game, and later HFA, to be then followed by a date with Cam Newton... in Tom Brady's backyard...

the offense took a huge hit when Lewis got Hurt vs Washington. the only took alot of the wind out of the offenses sails...

but let's not forget Coach Bill's absolutely insane game plan at Miami and running Stephen Jackson 20 straight effing times...THAT cost the team home field

Last edited:

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back