PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dion Lewis Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Belichick version of A Football Life there's a segment where Belichick is talking about which players to sit in the game coming up against Houston. He mentioned Welker but didn't get him out in time and he ended up blowing out his knee. That was a few years ago so he probably has always used that approach.
I feel like he used to be more in the camp of having everybody play, but I don't have the time to research it.

I feel like he used to be more in the camp of having everybody play, but I don't have the time to research it.

Nope. Brady plays a lot of the time in Week 17, but that probably has more to do with Brady wanting to play than anything else. We've seen him sit Gronk and other important players in the final week of the season. Contradicts the attitude that a lot of people around here usually have, which is "football players play football". Welker had zero business being on the field during that game in 2009. But it didn't matter in the end. That 2009 team was mediocre at best. They weren't going anywhere.

Nope. Brady plays a lot of the time in Week 17, but that probably has more to do with Brady wanting to play than anything else. We've seen him sit Gronk and other important players in the final week of the season. Contradicts the attitude that a lot of people around here usually have, which is "football players play football". Welker had zero business being on the field during that game in 2009. But it didn't matter in the end. That 2009 team was mediocre at best. They weren't going anywhere.
He's definitely like that now, but using the Welker example, I feel like Belichick used to be more on the other side, years ago. Parcells was a "football players play" guy. I don't think BB would play Welker at all now.

If Lewis and White can stay healthy, this would be a lethal duo against Denver's defense. A few weeks ago, Chris Harris remarked that most teams don't have the personnel to have two pass catching backs out of the backfield and acknowledged they are very vulnerable to that type of offense. If the Patriots had Gronkowski, Bennett, Lewis, and White, that is the exact type of offense that would kill the Broncos. It would completely neutralize, if not turn into a negative, their vaunted secondary and pass rush.

He's definitely like that now, but using the Welker example, I feel like Belichick used to be more on the other side, years ago. Parcells was a "football players play" guy. I don't think BB would play Welker at all now.

Check out this game: Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots - January 1st, 2006 | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Not playing included Tedi Bruschi and Corey Dillon. And Matt Cassel relieved Tom Brady very early on. Andre Davis got the start at WR.

I think he may be a little more caution now post-Welker, but he did limit guys before too.

White has done a solid job as a receiving back. but having lewis and white just would make them more deadly.

just look at the 3rd down with bolden and white. replace bolden with lewis and that likely isnt dropped.

my guess is that Lewis practices this week, sits out sunday and returns against Seattle as that is going to be a game for the RB's and TE's

LOL, still waiting... Look guys I understand there is a lot of anticipation for Dion Lewis' return. But you've got to be realistic, he is recovering from injury still.

I'd expect his first couple of games back for him to be rusty and getting his bearings back. But hopefully he is fully conditioned and back to himself by the final 4 games of the regular season.

Awesome news for the pats. Also great news for the portuguese snowblowers as he was available on my fantasy league waiver wire.
Hahaha I'm in a 12 man full PPR league and I drafted and stashed Dion. My body and team "Dude, Where's Derek Carr" is ready:cool:.

If Lewis and White can stay healthy, this would be a lethal duo against Denver's defense. A few weeks ago, Chris Harris remarked that most teams don't have the personnel to have two pass catching backs out of the backfield and acknowledged they are very vulnerable to that type of offense. If the Patriots had Gronkowski, Bennett, Lewis, and White, that is the exact type of offense that would kill the Broncos. It would completely neutralize, if not turn into a negative, their vaunted secondary and pass rush.

Easy there, you'll cause the heads of unintelligent Indy fans like @Gallo, who don't understand the game and the importance of analyzing matchups, to explode.

He wasn't spotted at practice or in the locker room today so the Dion Lewis vigil continues....

He wasn't spotted at practice or in the locker room today so the Dion Lewis vigil continues....
Mark Daniels ‏@MarkDanielsPJ 25m25 minutes ago
With Lewis, there shouldn't be a rush, but if he's going to practice this week, it'll happen Thursday or Friday

Mark Daniels ‏@MarkDanielsPJ 25m25 minutes ago
With Lewis, there shouldn't be a rush, but if he's going to practice this week, it'll happen Thursday or Friday

I agree. I couldn't care less when he comes back as long as he comes back.

I'm also not 100% buying into Rappafarts report. Hes swung and missed on many a story this year.

The ACL healed fine for Lewis after surgery was performed by renowned sports orthopedist, Dr. James Andrews. But knee pain that developed during the summer was found to be a patella stress fracture. That kind of injury is rare but not unheard of after ACL repairs as quadriceps flexion can put stress on a grafted area (and Lewis has giant quads). The remedy is inserting screws in the patella which was done in Lewis’ case.

Now, with the “clock” started on Lewis’ return from the PUP (Physically Unable to Perform) list, determining how well he responds to the increased workload of practice and then padded practice and hitting will be the next step in determining whether he returns by the middle of next month or is put on IR.
Expect Patriots to tread carefully as Lewis nears return from knee surgery
Prognosis
Patellar fractures following ACL reconstruction require a long rehabilitation period. Several studies have shown that following successful rehabilitation of treated patellar fractures with no further complications, patients do not suffer from long-term consequences.
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1080/17453670610046451

CSN New England's Tom Curran reports Dion Lewis' second "clean-up" surgery in August was to repair a patella stress fracture.

sounds like it will be 3 weeks or possibly not at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft