PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomase main flaw has been instead of focusing on legit issues with Dillon like his advancing age, the fact that he has a lot of mileage on his body and his inability to shake off injuries (the hallmark of an older player) last year, he has been focusing on something completely superficial like his weight.

Ive seen the pics from the mini, he doesn't look at all different to me. No heavier, no lighter, basically the same.

I dont have a doubt in my mind Corey's best days are behind him -- he'll be 32 this year -- but I still think he's capable of being a productive but not spectacular back for 2 more seasons.

Last edited:
sarge said:
The man was hurt last season, and rumors are the only reason he suited up most games was because we just had nobody else. He took a lot for the team.

Absolutely! Just because the media are too dumb to see it, we shouldn't let CD think that the fans don't!

Someone mentioned Dillon's blocking...

His blocking is WAY under-appreciated. I think it's key to have a guy with the physical tools to take on NFL rushers running free and Dillon must work hard on blitz recognition because he's good at it. There is ZERO prima donna thinking in Dillon!

I'd put him up there with Graham as a guy who does alot of the unglamorous 'little things' to keep Brady's jersey clean every weekend (That's actually a flip way of saying it. More pointedly you could say 'keep Brady off of the IR'.) Team-first football!

Last edited:
Corey is THE MAN. Just ask a few of the guys he's stiff-armed and trampled over.
I can't wait to see him run this year.

Everybody always wants to play with the new toys. WOO HOO! A first-round runningback! Well number 1, it don't work dat way (unless there's a vacuum,) and number 2, you don't throw away the guy you can count on for 12 TDs and (if healthy) well over 1000 yards.

Let's get some perspective sportswriters (and some sports fans.) For every Eric ****erson you draft 10 Kijana Carters. I hope I get to watch a record setting career from Laurence Maroney... just NOT NOW. RIGHT NOW, we have a stud back in his prime, that just played a year injured.

You done Corey? Didn't think so.

Kick some butt, take some names, and shut up some Tomases.

PFnV

Tomase

Well our boy Tomase changed his tune on NEST. He now says that Corey seemed heavy and slow compare to Maroney.:eek:

WHAT A MORON!

PATSNUTme said:
Well our boy Tomase changed his tune on NEST. He now says that Corey seemed heavy and slow compare to Maroney.:eek:

WHAT A MORON!
I saw that. What does he have to compare to?
Was tomase at camp last year?
I'm starting to think he's a weenie.

GoWesleyan said:
Someone mentioned Dillon's blocking...

His blocking is WAY under-appreciated. I think it's key to have a guy with the physical tools to take on NFL rushers running free and Dillon must work hard on blitz recognition because he's good at it. There is ZERO prima donna thinking in Dillon!

I'd put him up there with Graham as a guy who does alot of the unglamorous 'little things' to keep Brady's jersey clean every weekend (That's actually a flip way of saying it. More pointedly you could say 'keep Brady off of the IR'.) Team-first football!

He is one of the top backs in the league for picking up blitzes. That is very important but unrecognised.

Last edited:
SoonerPatriot said:
Tomase main flaw has been instead of focusing on legit issues with Dillon like his advancing age, the fact that he has a lot of mileage on his body and his inability to shake off injuries (the hallmark of an older player) last year, he has been focusing on something completely superficial like his weight.

Ive seen the pics from the mini, he doesn't look at all different to me. No heavier, no lighter, basically the same.

I dont have a doubt in my mind Corey's best days are behind him -- he'll be 32 this year -- but I still think he's capable of being a productive but not spectacular back for 2 more seasons.

No one thinks he's young.

However, I think you'll find most people disagree that a running back can "shake off" a high ankle sprain.:rolleyes:

C Dill is one tough dude and watching him in '04 was so much fun. Last year just wasn't his year but he gave it his all and anyone who counts him out has one big stiff arm coming to him. Corey is awesome and I can't wait to see his wrecking ball style again this year.

Wow! This is an awsome thread.
Great posts by all. I would not mind if Cory sees it. I hope he does, in fact.
I must add my kudos to this list. I've always thought Cory is awesome, too.
Last post I read mentioned "wrecking ball style".
Yeah, that's his style, too. Great coin.
Don't let the media bastards get you down, Cory. As you can see, the fans appreciate and love you.

Kdo5 said:
The Media hates everybody but themselves...

As much as I'd love to see Maroney have a great rookie season I wanna see Dillon shut every Boston media person up about their doubts of him. Thats one of the main things I wanna see come out of the 2006 season just beneath another SB :)

Kdo5 your posts go off my screen and I have to scroll to read them. Not sure it's something I can fix on my end. Any suggestions??

This thread has inspired me to add a Corey pic to my signature.

Let's not take that chip off of Corey's shoulders boys and girls

Do we appreciate him?

Yes - we all should. He had a monster season that helped us win another SB ring.

The key word here of course is "another" as we've done it without him too.

I'm glad that fans are finally realizing and accepting that even after returning from the DL last year Dillon was playing injured... but all Dillon has as a Patriot is ONE great season.... I'd like to see him stay on top for the full duration of his contract...

THEN he'll have my FULL appreciation.

JoeSixPat said:
but all Dillon has as a Patriot is ONE great season....

Though technically not untrue, a more accurate statement would be, "but all Dillon has as a Patriot is the single greatest season of any runningback in the 40 + year history of the franchise!". ;-)

Sorry, this is a Dillon appreciation thread, and I want to be clear how much this guy should be appreciated!

Last edited:
Not having followed the Bengals at all, I had no knowledge of Corey's play prior to him coming to us. I must say that he really made me smile and shout with his power running and take no prisoners attitude that first season. It was just so sweet to see him rip off a long one or stiffarm some idiot that was trying to actually tackle him!
I really felt that he was injured more than we knew last season,(easy to say now huh!!) and gave him a lot of credit for playing hurt when Pass and Faulk were down. Looking forward to seeing him play in the new '06 sandbox with Maroney and whoever else sticks. Don't worry about the media too much Corey, most of the NE fans have them pretty well figured out at this point!! Although you might consider sending Tomase a box of Krispy Kremes?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing better than having Dillon in the backfield this season will be having Dillon and Maroney both in the backfield at the same time.

Add me to the list! Dillon has done everything the Patriots could have asked and more, everything us fans could have asked and more. Just not everything the media wishes for --- who cares about the media?!

Corey, you have been a gift to New England!

PATSNUTme said:

WHAT A MORON!

Of course, Corey seemed light and fast compared to Tomase. As would I.

PFnV

Corey is a beast with or without the ball. He has a great team-first attitude. Maroney is lucky to have him as a mentor. Me and my two boys proudly wear our #28!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft