PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dillon Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoWesleyan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I'd like to get sort of a petition going to send to Corey Dillon.

I think the dude is a hard working, gifted, dedicated football player. Watching him come in and bring a pounding running game that lead up to the 2004 Super Bowl Win was the most fun I've ever had as a Pats fan.

He drinks Bill's koolaid and fits in with this team. His mentoring of Maroney is just another example of him being a smart, class-act, lead-by-example veteran.

Yet he still gets DOGGED by the blow hard egomaniacal Boston sports nitwits. It's freaking pathetic that they are the ones that get the ink in the papers. Dillon is 's thick skinned, I'm sure, but it's gotta be annoying at some level and I wanted to let him know that we the people think that he deserves proper respect.

Big time props, CD! Don't let the bastards get you down. Those jackals nipping at your heels, don't represent "the public". They're just shilling for a grimy paycheck, and couldn't tell integrity from a spot on the rug.

I know the vast majority of fans on this board feel the same way. So, testify!

(I will print this thing out and think I have a good way to get it to him.)

Can I get an Amen brutha????? Hell ya.

I agree wholeheartedly that the media is, for whatever reason, out to get Corey. He is a fantastic player and has been a model citizen since arriving in Foxboro. Corey doesn't deserve this rubbish from the media.

A great idea...He was hurt last year a LOT worse than many knew and played his heart out to do the best he could..and he did...!!! And I wish him the absolutely the best for him this year!!!

yes finally! :)

He did a friggin awesome job in 2004, maybe THE best we have ever seen in a Pats uniform. I hated everyone saying hes washed up. My grandpa said it to me when I was wearing a Dillon jersey on vacation this year. "Dillons all washed up!". Even a friggin security dude at the airport said that to me. I just keep wearing the jersey more and more. Boston has the g@yest and most anal sports writers also. He wouldnt just fall off the horse in a matter of months after an outstanding 1600 season it was obviously injuries to him and injuries to the offensive line and confusion for the offensive line.

Go Corey!!!

The Media think they are hot shots especially around here. And I dont want new players here to get the feeling that the whole state is against them because of the friggin media @$$ holes.

Last edited:
with Corey Dillon we finally had after many years a power rb and two seasons ago he was wonderfull

i hope he will retun at that level

i loved when Corey became a Patriot after so many disappointing years with CIN and i was very happy for him when he finally won the Super Bowl

credit to him ! no doubt

The man had the single greatest season of any runningback wearing a Patriot uniform, ever!

He was a crucial, indespensible part of the greatest Patriot team ever!

I know when I watched him in 2004, I never saw a better runningback wearing a Patriot uniform in my lifetime!

The man was hurt last season, and rumors are the only reason he suited up most games was because we just had nobody else. He took a lot for the team. And for his troubles he got an enima from the media.

The media just needs to leave him the hell alone! Then don't interview him for any actual football information. They only interview him to poke at him and try to get him to say something in anger.

If I'm Dillon, no more interviews. He doesn't owe them a thing!

He loves the organization, his coach and his teamates. And the feeling apears very mutual!

He will always be one of my all-time favorites. Regardless of his performance on the field from here on out!

Last edited:
Your mentioning the O-line issues last year brings up a HUGE point about Dillon. There were definitely o-line issues early and much of the year, but did Dillon say anything about it to the press? No!

He was struggling, and people, especially writers, were definitely questioning if he was on the steep downside of the natural curve of a career. Dillon is a demonstrably proud man and this smack could have understandably set him off. He could have cracked and threw someone under the bus - but HE DIDN'T.

Pundits have questioned his "character" since he got here. Yet these are the folks that will throw ANYONE under the bus if it will get them play in the media.

Last edited:
GoWesleyan said:
Your mentioning the O-line issues last year brings up a HUGE point about Dillon. There were definitely o-line issues early and much of the year, but did Dillon say anything about it to the press? No!

He was struggling, and people, especially writers, were definitely questioning if he was on the steep downside of the natural curve of a career and he is demonstrably a proud man. He could have cracked and threw someone under the bus - but HE DIDN'T.

Pundits have questioned his "character" since he got here. Yet these are the folks that will throw ANYONE under the bus if it will get them play in the media.
Thats because hes like Brady, they dont blame team mates for anything like Mr. Pay Me A Ton

He's too old. He's too fat. He's too slow. His best days are behind him. He will be just a backup to Maroney. He doesn't want to pay the price anymore.:eek:

The above are the next five columns from John Tomesa.

sarge said:
The man had the single greatest season of any runningback wearing a Patriot uniform, ever!

He was a crucial, indespensible part of the greatest Patriot team ever!

I know when I watched him in 2004, I never saw a better runningback wearing a Patriot uniform in my lifetime!

The man was hurt last season, and rumors are the only reason he suited up most games was because we just had nobody else. He took a lot for the team. And for his troubles he got an enima from the media.

The media just needs to leave him the hell alone! Then don't interview him for any actual football information. They only interview him to poke at him and try to get him to say something in anger.

If I'm Dillon, no more interviews. He doesn't owe them a thing!

He loves the organization, his coach and his teamates. And the feeling apears very mutual!

He will always be one of my all-time favorites. Regardless of his performance on the field from here on out!

:agree:

The man is a hardworking, class act and I couldn't be happier that he's a Patriot. I was always amazed at how great a job he did while a Bengal when every defense stacked up to stop him and he still had huge games!

Isnt Tomase the fat one? He looks fat in the little picture he has in every article he writes.

Last edited:
I will concur will all that has been said. Corey's the man, toughing it out last year, playing when he was hurt.

The media's problem with him is he doesn't do many interviews. If he spoke with them more often, he would be their golden boy. All of them would be fawning all over him about what "true grit" he really is.

Never has their been a question about his attitude or behavior since he came to the Patriots. Keep it up Corey.

Last edited:
I remember the day he was traded. I had ESPN on. Trey Wingo gave a teaser: "You'll never guess where Corey Dillon is going. Stay tuned." And I knew, just KNEW, it was to New England.

Dillon has been everything I hoped for and more. A beast.

Last year was similar to Harrison. Remember Harrison played hurt his last year in San Diego? And then everyone said he lost a step. He is still upset with San Diego for that.

Same with Dillon. He played hurt, and his stats suffered for it. And what does he get from media and fans? Not "He was stough to play hurt, unlike Tyrone Poole" but rather, "He is done. Washed up. Over the hill." I wouldn't blame Dillon if when he leaves New England, he speaks of us the way the Rodney speaks of San Diego.

Everyone who said that he is washed up should think a moment, and remember that when Rodney talks about how he was treated in San Diego, the Dillon bashers are nothing more that Shottenheimer and San Diego fan clones.

No one called Tyrone Poole washed up because he didn't play hurt. Doing it to Dillon is a first-class shame, because he tried and played hurt.

I think this should be sent to Tomase or someone once this baby reaches 100 posts :)

Said this before...

It still holds true,I remember watching the Pats getting beat by the Bengals,largely due to this big ,bruising running back who had to be gang-tackled almost every time to stop him.....and saying"Man ,wish we could get a guy like that...."Then my wish came true,and I saw even more facets of this guys game I liked(his blitz blocking,for example).I have a feeling Mr.Dillon has plenty left in the tank,hope to see some of that this year.Count me as a Dillon Fan!

Willie55 said:
The media's problem with him is he doesn't do many interviews. If he spoke with them more often, he would be their golden boy. All of them would be fawning all over him about what "true grit" he really is.
Agree with that. The media hates Dillon because Dillon hates the media because the media hates Dillon because Dillon hates the media. He seems to care, which surprises me because he could change it if he wants but doesn't.

The Media hates everybody but themselves...

As much as I'd love to see Maroney have a great rookie season I wanna see Dillon shut every Boston media person up about their doubts of him. Thats one of the main things I wanna see come out of the 2006 season just beneath another SB :)

I'm a big fan of Corey Dillon and I love his most recent comments. You could see last year that he had no power to push off, and it was tough to watch. So Corey, hope you stay healthy, hungry, and nasty on-the-field throughout all of '06....:)

Sign me up dagnabbit!!!!

I think many people know how I feel. This guy is a warrior. Of course he can't play forever, but I'll be damned if I let anybody bad mouth a Patriot that sacrifices his body for the team.

When I was looking for an article to counter the stupid b*******t, about him not being injured I found this. Note the date.

This is an article from the previous season. Despite these injuries he only carried us to the tune of 1,600 plus.

Anybody that doubts Dillon or Jim Brown or Earl Campbell plays in pain should have to get in a 3 point stance against Corey like he invited the reporter to.

John Tomase? You want to give it a go?

Corey's record season.

Dillon fights through pain
In 2d half, he bounces back

By Nick Cafardo and Jim McCabe, Globe Staff | November 15, 2004

FOXBOROUGH -- Because Corey Dillon means so much to the Patriots offense, any sign of injury is cause for concern. Such a moment came with 8:06 remaining in the first half last night when Dillon, after an 8-yard run, came up limping and went to the sideline, where he stayed for the rest of the half.
ADVERTISEMENT

Suddenly that anxiety turned into a sigh of relief when Dillon returned with a vengeance in the second half and wound up rushing for 151 yards on 26 carries in New England's 29-6 win over the Buffalo Bills at Gillette Stadium.

Dillon was on the sideline, favoring his left knee as the medical staff worked on him.

The Patriots running back, who now has 900 yards and is averaging 5 yards per carry, has had problems with foot and thigh injuries this season, missing the Pittsburgh game, New England's only loss. Last night the Patriots used Kevin Faulk and Patrick Pass, and scored two touchdowns, with Dillon on the sideline.

"I just wanted to play," said Dillon, who at first asked reporters to "talk to Bill [Belichick]" about the injury. "I just wanted to go out there and run and help us win and do what I can do. I'm just having fun. It's been a long time since I've felt like this. We're doing things as a team, winning as a team."

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2004/11/15/dillon_fights_through_pain/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots