PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did we switch to 3-4 in the 4th quarter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I remember last nite BB was asked about this last nite and gave a generic answer..but was wondering if that kinda help us make some stops...anyone saw anything specifically being adjusted ?

I was watching the Patriots defensive formations pretty carefully during the 2nd half and can say that the 2 drives that McGahee ran all over the defense on were completely 3-4 with Seau, Bruschi, Vrabel and Thomas at LB. The defense started getting big stops on running plays later in the 4th Q when they mixed in a 4-3 a little, getting Jarvis Green in there with Seymour, Wilfork and Warren. I don't know for sure if they played 3 LB or had 3 secondary people on the field when they had success though. I emphasize that it wasn't as simple as 4-3 = good run D though, because they mixed it in and had success when they went back to the 3-4 in the same series. Would've been interesting to see what personelle package they would've used in a hurry up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
Back