PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did LeKevin Smith get a Sack or Tackle in the game??? (serious question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegs

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I was at the game.

I COULD HAVE SWORN that after one play in the 1st quarter i heard,

"tackle by bla bla bla and LeKevin Smith"

I got very exciting and looked around when i heard it and probably had a stupid look on my face that made me look like an idiot.

Did anyone else see it on TV or here it in the dome?

he accually got half a sack and i thought of you when it happrened

yes it was him!

i knew it. but im kinda crazy so i wasn't sure if i just imagined it or what.

sweet. that says a lot that he was in the game so early

what's with all the love for le kevin(serious question)?

I was at the game.

I COULD HAVE SWORN that after one play in the 1st quarter i heard,

"tackle by bla bla bla and LeKevin Smith"

I got very exciting and looked around when i heard it and probably had a stupid look on my face that made me look like an idiot.

Did anyone else see it on TV or here it in the dome?

he was in the game and was involved on at least one play i recall, but i thought it was later in the game.... off the top of my head

as did i.... which is slightly frightening. i shouted "the widowmaker!" and everyone else is like, who the eff is that guy and why are you so pumped.

yes it was him!

i knew it. but im kinda crazy so i wasn't sure if i just imagined it or what.

sweet. that says a lot that he was in the game so early

I thought of Keegs, when meater on WEEI was complaining about seeing all the backups playing going through a list saying who are these guys and the list included LeKevin

Maybe he should have been playing more than the startes, because it was obvious they weren't getting to eli.

I'd like to see more LeKevin (if he's actually any good) and more Jarvis Green.

It seems like Jarvis is always pressuring the QB

Yep, when I saw LeKevin was in on a big play, I also immediately thought of Keegs. That's pretty cool.

I recall him splitting at least one double team. Not bad.

I'll be honest, when they said "LeKeeeevin Smith in on the tackle" I didn't think of keegs, I thought "what the F*CK us LeKevin Smith doing in the game?". Then when they said "Pierre Woods almost had that fumble recovery" I looked at my wife and said "LeKevin Smith, Pierre Woods? what the f*ck is going on?!?! is this really the time to get some guys game experience? hey, lets put Rudy in there...Rudy, Rudy, Rudy!"

she didn't know WTF I was talking about.

according to the Dale and Holley show it was humid in the stadium and BB was liberally rotating his defensive guys, probably to keep from having a repeat of last years AFCCG. Play the kids early on and save the vets so they are fresh later in case you need them. It almost worked. Sorta.

I was surprised when i saw Woods in there and he should have had that recovery it was clearly taken from him. but at least that shows that BB has faith in them at least somewhat

what's with all the love for le kevin(serious question)?

You've been here. Keegs has had a shrine for him since his obscure beginnings.
I think it's mostly fun, but the guy looks like a keeper.

Keegs, when I heard LeKevin's name I looked up to where I thought you were sitting to see if I could see a guy going nuts. Couldn't find you, though.

I asked the same thing about Big Siesta and Mike Vrabel. Was so happy to read where a reporter actually spoke to Mike in Hawaii and that he's OK. There has been a missing person report filed in Phoenix on Sunday. ;) Don't think his name got called once in the Super Bowl.

Last edited:
I'd like to see more LeKevin (if he's actually any good) and more Jarvis Green.

It seems like Jarvis is always pressuring the QB

Because of Jarvis' ability to pressure the QB, why wouldn't BB go to more 4-3 alignments. Maybe I didn't catch it, but didn't we used to do this quite a bit when Willie McG put his hand on the ground before the snap. I'm asking because I don't know, but how hard would it be to go to a 4-3 and have players like LeKevin Smith and possibly Vernon Gholston(may be available at #7) rotating in?

Keegs, when I heard LeKevin's name I looked up to where I thought you were sitting to see if I could see a guy going nuts. Couldn't find you, though.

haha yeah i didn't really say or do anything. i just had my mouth open and a dumb look on my face. You don't really expect him to make a play like that... the last time he did something like that was in the preseason if i remember correctly

I noticed Smith in on defense (with Wilfork out) and I wondered if Wilfork was injured or something. But, then I started thinking maybe Wilfork was just catching a breather. I also thought Le Kevin looked a little bigger.

Woods actually looked somewhat decent out there, and hopefully he'll start getting more chances. He's seemingly developed a little, was a beast on special teams this year, and seems to have the fire needed to succeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick