PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Did anyone find anything negative tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only negative I saw was that they left Brady in too long and/or were trying to throw a couple of times late in the game and he took a couple of unnecessary hits. I know they couldn't run on this team and they were trying to run out the clock, but the game was in-hand, just run for no gain and punt. They weren't going anywhere.

Nehatives?
Here's what BB will push on the team this week...

1. Too many major penalties. Taunting, etc. Had the game been close, the penalties could have made the difference.
2. Continued Special Olympics style play by the STs
3. Allowing the QB to get hit. NEVER acceptable.
4. Loose coverage by the DBs on the medium length passes (yeah gotta admit offset by the fine coverage on deep balls)

DaBruinz said:
The blitz pick-up wasn't as good as it should have been. Luckily, it only resulted in 3 sacks of Brady.

good point

I'm surprised at the comments on not running more. I would have thought that taking what the defense gives you and using it to dominate a game would be a good thing. Had we tried to run more, there would be (legitimate) complaints about keep doing things that don't work.

I guess you can find fault with anything - some people would complain even when they were hung with a brand new rope - but I would think that if the Pats played this way for the next 12 games I for one would be very happy.

PATRIOT64 said:
I certainly could not find too many negatives to say about this game...If I was forced to say of any,I would say the specials teams coverage error on the TD runback and the sack that Colvin should have had,especially considering the QB is 80 years old:D - Other than that I would say it was as perfect as possible for a team to have in a game and all Patriot Nation stands proud tonight:)

I thought Dave Thomas played a little sloppy last night, when he was in there.......had a costly holding penalty, missed a few key blocks etc....(and unforuneatly ran into Maroney which prevented him from getting the TD there......obviously not his fault ;)

Secondly, I thought that there was some very poor tackling going on last night.........guys not wrapping up...and Minn's RB & WR's getting alot of extra yards when they should have been stopped dead for a loss....Lastly our O line did not pick up blitz packages on several occasions which almost got Brady killed....other than that ...this was one of the best overall team efforts I have seen the Pats play in awhile.......

Brady and WR's definitely getting in synch now........which was awesome to watch..........great, great game..............GO PATS!!!

Last edited:
The Halloween halftime race.

here is mr tomase

http://news.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/

WR Reche Caldwell: I feel awful doing this. I really do, but we had to find someone. Caldwell actually played well, consistently coming up with plays in big spots and finishing with seven catches for 84 yards. But his red-zone fumble, at the Minnesota 7, gave the Vikings a glimmer of hope with the score still 24-7 and the third quarter not quite finished.

what ??
conversely ..here is reiss

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/
Down
No one in this category. When a team goes on the road into a crazed environment on Monday night and beats its opponent, 31-7, there are no downers.

Last edited:
brady2brown said:
I'm surprised at the comments on not running more. I would have thought that taking what the defense gives you and using it to dominate a game would be a good thing. Had we tried to run more, there would be (legitimate) complaints about keep doing things that don't work.

I guess you can find fault with anything - some people would complain even when they were hung with a brand new rope - but I would think that if the Pats played this way for the next 12 games I for one would be very happy.

As one of the people who identified the lack of running, I would point out that the theme of the thread was to identify the negatives, given that thre game was very much a positive.

I would have like to see us show we can will our way to running against a defense that is supposed to be good against the run. I have nothing against taking what we could take, but in the fourth quarter, would have been good to show we could do it.

Didn't find any myself. However-

Mike Ditka always talks about how game tape never lies. Go back to that Dallas/Philly game from early this month. Sure, the Eagles won the game. Yeah-they got lots and lots of pressure on the QB. Yeah-Mc5 looked like the old Mac. However-Philly's opponents in recent weeks have looked at this game tape and saw MANY glaring weaknesses in this D.

No wonder why they got smacked around pretty good since.:eek:

onegameatatime said:
As one of the people who identified the lack of running, I would point out that the theme of the thread was to identify the negatives, given that thre game was very much a positive.

I would have like to see us show we can will our way to running against a defense that is supposed to be good against the run. I have nothing against taking what we could take, but in the fourth quarter, would have been good to show we could do it.

I think it was better to show that we can beat any team by any means. You are looking at it wrong. Why try to run on the best rush D in the league, just to prove a point? Why play into the other teams strenghts? That is how you lose!

A Vikings fan calling BB classless is humerous. Because we all know that the Vikings organization and players have been the epitomy of Class over the past few years.:rolleyes:

TheBostonStraggler said:
-We gave up a third and long when TBC, (or RC), should have sacked Johnson plus Vrabel should have tackled the receiver.

This really bothered me. Why are you playing 3 yards off the outlet receiver (both receiver and defender motionless) instead of being up there on top of him? Absolutely no reason I can think of; they were both just standing there presumably waiting for a pass. And then the pass is made and the tackle is missed. Terrible defensive play.

Late in the game a very similar situation happened on 3rd down. Only this time, the defender (not sure who) was on top of the receiver. Catch made, player wrapped up with no progress and no first down.

onegameatatime said:

Granted that we didn't "will our way to running against a defense good against the run" ...
but be it noted
that Pats RBs ran 13 times for 85 yards.
6 1/2 yards per clip
ain't chopped liver.
(THEIRS, meanwhile, averaged below 3 - while the run game had been their pride & joy ... bread & butter.)

Regrettably, during the 4th Qtr, we did try.
We all saw how that came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore