PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dependable Non-Rookie Backups On Defense

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Who are the dependable non-rookie backups on defense? Consider the 12 man defense (including the nickel back).

There is Fletcher and there is ?????

Re: Re: Dependable Non-Rookie Backups On Defense

Who are the dependable non-rookie backups on defense? Consider the 12 man defense (including the nickel back).

There is Fletcher and there is ?????

None, but when we had veteran backups in 2009, 2010, and 2011 we had some of the worst defenses in the NFL.

There is nothing wrong in my opinion with having young players who are willing to leave it all on the field, what they lack in experience can be made with in desire.

You might check out the winning defenses of earlier in the decade and see the age of the defense.

With regard to desire replacing experience, the issue is production not desire.

None, but when we had veteran backups in 2009, 2010, and 2011 we had some of the worst defenses in the NFL.

There is nothing wrong in my opinion with having young players who are willing to leave it all on the field, what they lack in experience can be made with in desire.

Re: Re: Dependable Non-Rookie Backups On Defense

You might check out the winning defenses of earlier in the decade and see the age of the defense.

With regard to desire replacing experience, the issue is production not desire.

Its not really my desire buddy, its Belichick's so either we can get on board or belabor it. The only constant in life is change MG.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back