PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dennard Jury has a verdict

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is also different from not recommending no sentence.

So what you're saying is that they ain't recommending no sentence?

Ugh, this really sucks. Legal eagles, what are the chances of him getting no jail time?

So what you're saying is that they ain't recommending no sentence?

What I think he's saying is that they declined to acquiesce to the request for not recommending a sentence.

Madness if he gets jail time for throwing a single punch.

I've seen people throw punches in a bar and not even get kicked out of the establishment.

Dennard was a fool for throwing the punch but i think he is massively unlucky that the incident has escalated this far.

This particular cop is out for blood. A life sentence at Devil's Island would
not be enough.

Defense and prosecution to meet in the coming weeks to determine recommendation for a reasonable sentence. This Herald article from a legal expert claims that there is a wide range of sentencing available from flat out probation to some form of incarceration.

Let's stay calm and let the process play out. I still think that we have Dennard for the upcoming season, although it could potentially be a "PUP-type" situation where he misses a month or two and is slowly blended in the lineup via nickel back etc. I think he can serve his part of the sentence in the spring and summer if needed.

Legal expert: Dennard faces range of sentencing possibilities | Boston Herald

I come away from that article reasonably optimistic, based on no past record, employment, etc...Good chance he doesn't do any jail time, or some minimal amount, say 30 days, plus fines, community service, etc... No picnic for him, but squeeze it in May/June and he doesn't miss many team activities.

It provided good theater, but in the end nothing to see here folks...

Sucks for Dennard.

Sucks for the Pats.
Free the Nebraska 1.

In my opinion, what Dennard did is worse than what Plaxico Burress did. They are both stupid acts, acts which could have been avoided by not putting yourself in the situation where these things could happen. But being stupid for shooting yourself, and hitting a cop, and then resisting arrest are two different things. Plaxico shouldn't have had to spend as much time in prison as he did, that was due to Mayor Bloomberg. Dennard, he hit a cop, he resisted arrest, I will not cry for him if he gets the maximum, you can NOT go around hitting cops. I can not see him just getting parole, they will send a message that you can't hit cops. Hell, in NY, if you hit a train conductor, you can get up to 7 years. He'd be getting off easy with 6 years.

And WR as well :eek:

As is mentioned in other posts, these are the two positions the Patriots
have the least luck in filling. If Dennard goes to prison, Dowling, McCourty,
and Williams would be our only cornerbacks under contract. The only wide
receivers under contract would be Aiken, Ebert, Holmes, Lloyd (if not
cut for salary cap reasons), and Slater.

In my opinion, what Dennard did is worse than what Plaxico Burress did. They are both stupid acts, acts which could have been avoided by not putting yourself in the situation where these things could happen. But being stupid for shooting yourself, and hitting a cop, and then resisting arrest are two different things. Plaxico shouldn't have had to spend as much time in prison as he did, that was due to Mayor Bloomberg. Dennard, he hit a cop, he resisted arrest, I will not cry for him if he gets the maximum, you can NOT go around hitting cops. I can not see him just getting parole, they will send a message that you can't hit cops. Hell, in NY, if you hit a train conductor, you can get up to 7 years. He'd be getting off easy with 6 years.
Burress took a loaded handgun into a club filled with people and fired it, and a drunk college kid hitting a cop is worse?

Yikes. Thank God you're not a prosecutor or a judge.

It's a lot easier for an innocent bystander to get killed by a gun.

I come away from that article reasonably optimistic, based on no past record, employment, etc...Good chance he doesn't do any jail time, or some minimal amount, say 30 days, plus fines, community service, etc... No picnic for him, but squeeze it in May/June and he doesn't miss many team activities.

It provided good theater, but in the end nothing to see here folks...

This is what I am thinking too. A punishment will be handed down that includes incarceration, but it doesn't mean that our secondary is ruined for life, or even that he'll miss out on the year.

Agreed, it's time to push the chips ALL IN.
Sounds like a good idea, almost never is. Don't do it.

And if we were to do so, I'd argue that that time is at least one year, likely more, from now.

In my opinion
I won't quote the rest because it seems to me like like a classic brain-dead offseason post. I mean, you are trolling, right? There is no rational person who can objectively say what you did.

What are you smoking? :bricks:

Talib's asking price just went up

Well, this situation looks like a dog's breakfast.

Talib's asking price just went up
His eventual contract is based on the market, not on the Pats' situation. Sure, he can ask for more hoping the Pats panic and pay him more than he'd get elsewhere, but I would think and hope that that wouldn't work with Bill.

I agree, Dennard is a thug, Burress was an idiot, I hope Dennard gets the max for assaulting an officer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft