PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Demario Douglas

Peppers and Demario were pretty vocal with their displeasure after the game...and during it.
It was a dirty hit.. egregious no call on the officials.. that kid is the only threat on offense.. tough to loose him. Hope he'll be ok.

Anyone have a video of this hit?
Can't believe there was no flag.
Officiating is beyond terrible this season
What about that out of bounds shot Herbert took last night?

Nope, no call, dude. And one of the guys on the radio had it right. It may not have been against the rules, per se, but it was definitely unnecessary.
It was a textbook clothesline tackle, that's been outlawed in the NFL since the mid-70s. Jack Tatum-esque.
Not only should it have been a penalty, the player should have been thrown out.

"Section 2, Article 12(c) : "All players are prohibited from striking, swinging at or clubbing the head, neck or face of an opponent with the wrist(s), arm(s), elbow(s) or hand(s)"

So there's that.

And then Ted Johnson saying it's legal to do that....a former player
I take what TJ says these days with a grain of salt.
It's really just a single group under which most Italians fall. Go to any comedy club and it's amazing how comedians are scared ****less of making fun of anything or anyone that doesn't belong to that group.
I'm italian, I get Italian jokes all the time, they don't bother me. Those people are just jealous they're not Italian. I just hate when they call us Eye-talians.

Did the guy who clotheslined him get fined? When do we find that out?
Peppers is pretty much the last man standing that I actually enjoy consistently watching.

JC Jackson is the opposite of that.
He plays with pride and passion he's a leader. JC like bent Trent... got paid and quit the NFL.

Peppers is pretty much the last man standing that I actually enjoy consistently watching.

JC Jackson is the opposite of that.
Rham, and Zeke.

on D I’m noticing Tavai surprisingly often.

this year is certainly not a good showcase for the prima donnas.

Please Shut Pop Douglas Down hope Thornton and Boutte use the extra snaps to show something.
Agree with shutting Pop down, or at least taking plenty of time to clear him to return from the protocol.

But I’d rather see Mathew Sexton, Reagor, and Luther get a chance to show if they’ve got anything.

Thornton and Boutte have been on the field and showed nothing, so give the guys who haven’t seen the field at all their chance to show whatever they’ve got.

I take what TJ says these days with a grain of salt.

I'm italian, I get Italian jokes all the time, they don't bother me. Those people are just jealous they're not Italian. I just hate when they call us Eye-talians.
Somehow it is also ok to make fun of the Irish and Catholics of any ethnicity. At the end of the day it is much better to be the butt of the joke than an actual joke.

Pop can play and if he’s your #3 he’s a weapon, I’d sit him the rest of the season. There’s nothing left to gain but experience

Just bumping this thread.

Did the guy who clotheslined him get fined?

Not sure about dirtier, but I’ve definitely noticed, starting in the college ranks, tackling has become abysmal. Going high then body slamming due to horrible techniques. Terrible leverages, accompanied with late whistles, are going to cause injuries.
Where I see it the most is when ball carriers are just about on the ground after being tackled and they get hits from 2 or 3 other players. I also can't stand seeing guys go for players heads or turning a player sideways on the way down and taking one of his shoulders out. I suppose you're right though, those are more like aggressive plays than dirty.

Anyone have a video of this hit?
Can't believe there was no flag.
Officiating is beyond terrible this season
And they compounded it by dropping a flag on the Bolts when a pushing match started because of it. That non-call on a blatant OOB hit was the difference between a 7-0 start and a 3-0. It was early but it felt big at the time.

And how 'bout them Cowboys? I don't think I've ever seen as many one-sided calls in one game ever. That one felt like Jerry knew that he needed a lot of Dallas points for his gambling site to make a killing so he dialed up Goody.

...Officiating is beyond terrible this season

To be fair, Herbert brings that on himself by faking running OOB then staying in-bounds just to pick up a few more yards.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back