PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders "We need to revisit Manning vs. Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not like to read too much into body language, but I recall seeing shots of Manning looking all hangdog on the sideline, sitting down and alone, just before AV was about to kick the 29-yarder. I thought it a strange reaction when he had led the team a significant way from the 1, then took advantage of a turnover to get in chip shot range.

I suppose pro-Manning people will say he is a perfectionist and wanted to punch it in when he had it.

Anti-Manning people can say he was thinking all about himself and not about the team.

It's probably somewhere in between. I think he was frustrated by what had transpired w/ trying to fake a 4th down play & the penalty.

I think Deion spoke out of turn. Even Tom said (this morning on EEI) that Peyton was throwing to spots where he expected people to be, and they simply were not where they were supposed to be.

As far as last night's Colts' receivers go, they may not have been much more talented than the Pats (using depth to even it up) but they simply were not on the same page as the QB.

And we know you can blanket any one receiver (Wayne.)

Come on, the Chargers match up well in the trenches, and they can bring heat, and that OL was very banged up. The facts are the facts. Anybody trying to use that game to spin Manning into being less than fantastic is a pissant.

Think about Tom having his ass handed to him by Denver in Foxboro last year before he had a receiver on his page.

The O-line was not the big problem in that game, Peyton had time and panicked. Brian Fletcher and Ben Utecht looked good against the Patriots in the AFCCG, didn't look like Manning had any timing issues with them. And Moorehead has been on the team for several years.

Manning tried to play the same way that he could play with Pro-Bowl talent around him, and it bit him in the ass.

The next 7 weeks will show if Manning is like Drew Bledsoe: can only function with an all star cast at every offensive position.

Re: Dieon Sanders "we need to revisit Manning VS Brady"

Stupid is judging a career on one game.

While I believe Brady is better than Manning, I do agree that this was just one game. Let's see how Manning responds. Brady has had awful games nearly every year. If we cherry pick those, we can make a stupid argument that Manning is better.

Manning wasn't as bad as his six picks. Several of those were well earned by the defense, at least one was on the WR, and the last one was a hail mary.

In the Manning vs Brady debate I always go with Brady, but I am not gonna diss Manning on one game or season, he is damm good qb

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co..._Manning:_Complete_&_Unabridged,_Vol._II.html

They'll need to redo this after this year.

Manning, himself a No. 1 draft pick, was surrounded by top-pick talent in 2004 at

* wide receiver (Wayne, Harrison)
* tight end (Dallas Clark)
* running back (Edgerrin James) and
* offensive tackle (Tarik Glenn).

That’s six of 11 offensive starters who are No. 1 draft picks. At least one, Harrison, is a lock for the Hall of Fame. James is a potential Hall of Famer. Manning had the luxury his first year in the league of handing the ball to future Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, one of the most prolific offensive players in NFL history. Manning has also enjoyed the luxury of offensive Pro Bowlers ever year that he’s been in the league: Faulk (1998); James (1999, 2000, 2004); and Harrison (1999-2004).

In other words, the Colts have purposely built a team that gives its quarterback a chance to pad the stat book.

Brady has built his prolific career with a much different set of tools. Consider that he’s New England’s only offensive player to be named to the Pro Bowl since 2001 (New England running back Corey Dillon appeared in the 2004 Pro Bowl, but only as an injury replacement). Brady’s top receiver has been Troy Brown, an NFL journeyman who was drafted in the 8th round (198th pick) out of Marshall. Meanwhile, consider the pedigree of the players on the receiving end of Brady’s six Super Bowl touchdown passes:

* Deion Branch (a second-round draft pick from Louisville)
* David Givens (a seventh-round pick from Notre Dame)
* David Patten (an undrafted free agent from Western Carolina) and
* Mike Vrabel (a journeyman NFL linebacker).

Also:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...d.php?t=50404&highlight=dilfer+brady+bradshaw

Props to Pony for researching this.

Since the passing rules were changed in 1977, here are the playoff passer ratings for SB winning QBs.

1. Montana 1989 146.4
2. Simms 1986 131.8
3. Aikman 1992 126.4
4. Young 1994 117.2
5. Montana 1988 117
6. Theisman 1982 110.7
7. Brady 2004 109.4
8. Aikman 1993 108.1
9. Favre 1996 107.5
10. McMahon 1985 106.6
11. Aikman 1995 106.1
12. Bradshaw 1978 104.1
13. Roethlisberger 2005 101.7
14. Warner 1999 100
15. Montana 1981 99.3
16. D. Williams 1987 98.6
17. Bradshaw 1979 98.5
18. Plunkett 1980 92.6
19. Hostetler 1990 92.5
20. Rypien 1991 91.2
21. Montana 1984 89.8
22. Elway 1998 85.9
23. Plunkett 1983 85.3
24. Brady 2003 84.5
25. Elway 1997 83.9
26. Dilfer 2000 83.7
27. B. Johnson 2002 79.9
28. Brady 2001 77.3
29. Manning 2006 65.1

Brady has the second lowest basically as a rookie. What's Peyton's excuse?

Brady got better with every championship. Peyton's defense won him a ring and kept him from being the modern day Marino.

Indy won because of their defense not because of Manning.

I think Deion spoke out of turn. Even Tom said (this morning on EEI) that Peyton was throwing to spots where he expected people to be, and they simply were not where they were supposed to be.

As far as last night's Colts' receivers go, they may not have been much more talented than the Pats (using depth to even it up) but they simply were not on the same page as the QB.

Then Peyton failed to adjust. If your receivers are too inexperienced to get to spots or don't know where to adjust their routes then stop throwing to where they should be and start throwing to where they are.

My brother and I used to play touch football together and could school other kids because we had years of experience together and plays we would run. If I played with my friend Matt or Jason I'd adjust to them rather than pretending they were my brother and moping when it failed.

That might account for the first pick which was a slant on the goal line but two other picks were with Wayne as the primary receiver and another ball he just over threw. The last int was desperation time.

It's funny that that guy above says peyton's defense won him a ring. and brady won those rings cause his offense was mm mm spanky good. quit being a hypocrite. the pats defense won those rings not brady.

Brady had great defense in all three cases but since all the Colt fans are such stat lovers Peyton's 65 QB rating is lower than Dilfer the year they won it. Brady had matured by 2004 and had a rating of over 100. 2003 was over 80 and 2001 was still higher than Peyton when Brady was a game manager as a rookie. Your messiah should have been able to do more at this stage of his career vs the leagues best when it matters.

Deion Sander: We need to reconsider any one ever giving you an analyst job.

I can't wait for Steve Mariuchi to turn and slap Deion on NFLN's Gameday one of these days.

We don't need to revisit anything. Tom Brady is the best QB in football and will be considered the best QB of his generation when all is said and done. I've never had one day since he came into the league where I wished Peyton Manning were wearig a Patriot uniform.
Not one day!!!
Peyton's a great player as long as everything is falling right for him and and he has all of his weapons. But if things don't go his way he's a whining me first player. I don't doubt for one second that Peyton Manning is much more disliked in the Colt organizarion and in NFL circles than his media minions will ever let on.

How did peyton fail to adjust when he moved the ball pretty well in the 2nd half.

The offense scored 7 points in the second half. That's bad. The only difference between the halves is that he didn't get picked off as much in the second half. He was still throwing the ball to where guys should have been.

You're a ****** if you think Brady is a better QB than Elway cause he didn't win rings in the first half of his career. I'll take Elway before Brady and 100% of the ppl outside Mass would also. He's just the better QB. Same with Peyton he's the better QB. If Peyton's defense plays like it did last year we're winning another one.
Are there a lot of other people with you on that island? Holy ****!:eek:

You're a ****** if you think Brady is a better QB than Elway cause he didn't win rings in the first half of his career. I'll take Elway before Brady and 100% of the ppl outside Mass would also. He's just the better QB. Same with Peyton he's the better QB. If Peyton's defense plays like it did last year we're winning another one.

Only a true idiot would take Manning over Brady.

Elway was a great QB who never had a good supporting cast until later in his career. Unlike Marino and Manning, Elway showed up in big games his team didn't always however. They were simply out classed against SF, Washington and the Giants.

Your defense will need to play at least as well since Manning will lay another post season egg. He's not a pressure QB and there's a HUGE sample of playoff games to prove it. Also he won't win at Gillette or Hines for that matter in the cold weather.

Brady has more rings, better playoff numbers and now that he has a receiving core equal to Mannings he's crushing his regular season numbers.

Just an FYI, your defense just played about 70% better than they ever did in 2006 in the past two games and Indy lost both games.

In the Indy game, NE had the following going against it:

* Refs
* No coach to QB communication
* Indy's great defense.
* On the road

And yet Indy still lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back