PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Deion Sanders "We need to revisit Manning vs. Brady"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dieon Sanders "we need to revisit Manning VS Brady"

We only had 17 guys (most got injured in the game itself) dressed to play and ppl are judging Manning's whole career on this game. Pats fans like it or not he's going to the HOF even if he retires right now.
That's a bunch of bull because the Colts dressed more than 17 players. So quit lying and leave this message board.

but when we beat the bucs and panthers no one said anything. show me a game were brady had to throw to 3rd, 4th, and 5h stringers.

every game last season. Caldwell was his number 1 target, couldn't make #5 receiver this year.

Exactly. But when the pats come back you suck brady off, but forget Reggie Wayne dropped an easy pass that would have ended the game. And we weren't 100% healthy for that game either.
Meanwhile, if Polian had not paid off the referees, the Patriots would have won in a blowout.

What are you basing that on?

Weren't the Pats 11-5 last year? Even if Harrison is gone all year, I'd bet the farm that the Colts will muster better than that.

Too much is being made of Peyton "without his weapons." He still threw for over 300 & 2 TD's last night, and drove for 2 more FG attempts that were blown...

They started 7-0 with most of their weapons intact so they should be better than 11-5.

I disagree that too much is being made of Peyton without his weapons. The media and all the Colts fans want to give him a pass. 6 picks is still 6 picks and some of those he wasn't even pressured.

He'll get Clark back next week against KC at home a game Indy should win handily. If he puts up even mediocre numbers the talk will be Manning adjusting to having no weapons.

They started 7-0 with most of their weapons intact so they should be better than 11-5.

I disagree that too much is being made of Peyton without his weapons. The media and all the Colts fans want to give him a pass. 6 picks is still 6 picks and some of those he wasn't even pressured.

He'll get Clark back next week against KC at home a game Indy should win handily. If he puts up even mediocre numbers the talk will be Manning adjusting to having no weapons.

You're not giving him enough credit. It's just not right to imply that he is some sort of average QB who has pretty much gotten attention only because he's had such great weapons.

The INT's were awful last night, but I was more impressed with how he shook them off & lead the team back to what should have been a victory. Those kinds of games happen sometimes (I know - not to Brady, of course).

I don't think Manning is a God or anything, but he is a QB that about 30 other teams would be glad to have. I do think Brady is better, overall.

the pats used to go 5 wide with Branch, Brown, Bethel, Givens, and some other guy i cannot remember. That's better than 90% of the nfl. quit acting like brady never had weapons
Baloney! How many of those wide receivers were Pro-Bowlers?

Bethel isn't even in the league anymore and Givens has caught 3 passes in the last 3 years. The guy you don't remember isn't in the league anymore either. Charles Johnson.

Actually, Charles Johnson was only 2001. When the Patriots went 5 wide in 2003 and 2004, the 5th receiver was a Hall of Fame caliber player like Dedric Ward, JJ Stokes, or Kevin Kasper (all of whom have as many Super Bowl rings as Peyton Manning ;)).

Givens hasn't played the last two years, Branch has been a monumental disappointment now that he's away from Brady, Bethel Johnson is out of football at 25, and Troy Brown was ancient even then (as much as I love him). Last year, Caldwell... he's so bad he can't even make it onto the gameday actives of an offensively anemic team that hasn't had one WR catch a TD this entire year. Gaffney is our 4/5 receiver, and Troy is likely done.

Last edited:

You tell me to stop making excuses
That's right! Quit making excuses and leave this message board, ya pathetic ignorant troll!

but manning won a superbowl in the rain. Brady has never had to do that. oh wait your next excuse is rex grossman.
Rex Grossman handed that game to the Colts. Next question!

You're not giving him enough credit. It's just not right to imply that he is some sort of average QB who has pretty much gotten attention only because he's had such great weapons.

The INT's were awful last night, but I was more impressed with how he shook them off & lead the team back to what should have been a victory. Those kinds of games happen sometimes (I know - not to Brady, of course).

I don't think Manning is a God or anything, but he is a QB that about 30 other teams would be glad to have. I do think Brady is better, overall.

I don't think he's an average QB. I think he's the second best QB in the NFL. Yes Brady has had some disaster games just like all players do but in 03 and 04 the Pats became the SB Champs with the most games lost to injury in the history of the game.

So I don't want to hear about Manning missing pieces.

Also Manning's numbers in the playoffs last year weren't great. You won the SB because your defense won it. That defense is the reason you were in the game last night.

Your defense is Tampa 02 good. I give them full credit.

wow nobody else was on the field brady played catch with himself and won the game.
You just lost the argument. Thanks for playing the daily PatsFans message board troll. Now go home to mommy.

so because w elose two games after a 12 game win streak means we aren't good. an unhealthy colts team took it to the pats last week. all we need is our ppl back.
The Patriots still overcame adversity to win the game:

Piped in crown noise
Corrupt officiating
Jammed sideline to quarterback communications

Deion finally said what we've all been saying around New England. Im not saying Peyton isn't good, but Brady never had Pro Bowlers like that to throw to. And do people realize that Marvin Harrison is only a year younger than Troy Brown ? Peyton better get used to Morehead...

I think Deion spoke out of turn. Even Tom said (this morning on EEI) that Peyton was throwing to spots where he expected people to be, and they simply were not where they were supposed to be.

As far as last night's Colts' receivers go, they may not have been much more talented than the Pats (using depth to even it up) but they simply were not on the same page as the QB.

And we know you can blanket any one receiver (Wayne.)

Come on, the Chargers match up well in the trenches, and they can bring heat, and that OL was very banged up. The facts are the facts. Anybody trying to use that game to spin Manning into being less than fantastic is a pissant.

Think about Tom having his ass handed to him by Denver in Foxboro last year before he had a receiver on his page.

but when we beat the bucs and panthers no one said anything. show me a game were brady had to throw to 3rd, 4th, and 5h stringers.
I'll show the Patriots 2006 NFL Season, ya moron!

I think Deion spoke out of turn. Even Tom said (this morning on EEI) that Peyton was throwing to spots where he expected people to be, and they simply were not where they were supposed to be.

As far as last night's Colts' receivers go, they may not have been much more talented than the Pats (using depth to even it up) but they simply were not on the same page as the QB.

And we know you can blanket any one receiver (Wayne.)

Come on, the Chargers match up well in the trenches, and they can bring heat, and that OL was very banged up. The facts are the facts. Anybody trying to use that game to spin Manning into being less than fantastic is a pissant.

Think about Tom having his ass handed to him by Denver in Foxboro last year before he had a receiver on his page.

I understand what you are saying, but what was Tom supposed to say? "Ha Ha Peyton sucks?"

I do not like to read too much into body language, but I recall seeing shots of Manning looking all hangdog on the sideline, sitting down and alone, just before AV was about to kick the 29-yarder. I thought it a strange reaction when he had led the team a significant way from the 1, then took advantage of a turnover to get in chip shot range.

I suppose pro-Manning people will say he is a perfectionist and wanted to punch it in when he had it.

Anti-Manning people can say he was thinking all about himself and not about the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back