PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dave Thomas fined $7500

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for the players that have to figure out how to play the ****ified version of this game.
What Jack Lambert once said (put a dress on them). I can't believe Gene Washington recommended a fine for that shove. Goodell is going mad. The Cincinnati Bengals must have driven him over the edge.

I really like Dave Thomas.

I'm starting to agree with Polamalu - they're ****ifying the league (sorry ladies). To be honest, I can't fathom exactly why except that they're trying to keep the stars on the field longer, but then you don't get Kurt Warner stories. :confused:

What Jack Lambert once said (put a dress on them). I can't believe Gene Washington recommended a fine for that shove. Goodell is going mad. The Cincinnati Bengals must have driven him over the edge.
Time for the Ides of March....he needs to GO out away from football..MARCh in fact is way too late.. this tyrant is ruiing the game..no mercy for the tyrant...he needs to GO!!! I wish the NFLPA could DO something..but with a vacuum existing on Upsgaw's death...THIS SOB is taking BIG advantage of that. There has been only ONE other Cmmsr in sports I hatted as much as him..and that was decades ago..in another sport. This piece of manure needs to GO!!!

dude, are you for real? It was just a push, a stupid time for just a push but still. WOW, where does this money go? Did they pay the bail out cuz im sure they could the way the throw fines around.

$7500 for that garbage? The next thing you know, Mayo will call some lineman "fatty" on the field and get tagged for $10,000.

On the up side, if Thomas lays out a few more defenders he may finally move past those "Wendy's" jokes.

$7,500 league fine? No way. Thanks for pansifying the game Goodell.

However he should be pantsed and lashed 20 times before kickoff Sunday for the drive killer, game losing bonehead play. Not that I have ever made a mistake in MY job. No siree.

The same thought came to my mind. I really can't imagine they fine every player for every late hit. It was a stupid move and you can't argue the flag but I have seen plenty hits come later than that and not get flagged. IMO there is no way a hit like that should draw any attention from the league other than a penalty in game.....Unless of course there was a pattern of behavior which we know is not there for Thomas because he hasn't had enough PT to establish a pattern.

I feel bad for the players that have to figure out how to play the ****ified version of this game. Way to much fining and way to many rules to restrcit what the tackelers can do their job. It will result in some bad football, I imagine it already has but if the restriction continue it is not to long before guys are missing tackles not finishing plays and just not putting enough strength into tackles to do the job. I'll keep my example nuetral as not to bring homerism in but I will be completely annoyed by the NFL if I am watching a game and a play does not end because the tackeler tried to avoid making an "illegall hit" that really would not have been a bad one and instead the play goes on but 3 players are just standing there doing nothing because they are afraid of a late hit and the runner runs by with ease. I think I am ranting so I will stop.

Couldn't agree more. Between GODell and Polian football will eventually become something most of us won't really enjoy watching anymore. Between memorizing the playbook, memorizing the rules, and maintaining pc level at all times the NFL may indeed evolve into rocket science ;)

Anyone see Jared Allen's fine today on his hit on Matt Shaub?

:eek: $50,000!!! :eek:

NOW THATS RIDICULOUS!

i cant believe he was fined for the hit. i mean, people are going full speed at eachother for 60 minutes, and he has one hit a little late and he is fined. How can the nfl expect players to always have a cool head. I understand fining players for real bad plays, but that wasnt that bad

This is a pretty obvious attempt to cover up a call that should not have been made.

I can't spell the head refs name but the guy who come on and explains why the refs made

the call they did is a joke.

If that was 7500 then I owe 10000 for the tantrum and explatives after the call.

No seriously. My behavior was worse than Dave's Hit.

Check is in the mail.

thank you bill polian.

this might be the biggest embarrassment in history of league rulings. he pushed the guy down!

they're taught to play to the whistle...sometimes that creates late contact. The flag was fine. I'm ok with it. But don't think for a second anyone on that coaching staff is going to point any fingers at him. It was just a bad break for us. the fine is indefensible.

first off, the guy has a totally clean record and no other history whatsoever. he's a model player. let's keep the fines to hits that potentially threaten careers and player safety -- not for pushing a guy down in the trenches a second after the whistle....that should merely draw a flag and -- in this case -- that flag helped the other team win the game....apparently that's not enough for Mr. Polian.

He's got to turn his psychotic hatred of this team into a personal vendetta against Dave for playing the game the exact same way he wants his players to.

Last edited:
Ludicrous that he was fined for that. This and the Green-Ellis fines are just ludicrous.

Especially if you watch the entire Brady hit. The guy was done, got up and aimed right for the leg.

If Thomas' hit was worth a fine, the Brady hit was most certainly worth one.

:enranged::enranged::enranged::enranged:

I feel bad for the players that have to figure out how to play the ****ified version of this game.

I never even read this post until it was quoted by somebody else - then I realized we both termed it '****ified'.

I still can't think of a better word for it without offending the homosexual community.

Watching Jared Allen get fined for that and seeing Pollard get absolutely nothing pisses me the **** off. What the hell is wrong with this league? So damn inconsistant. And give me a damn break, the dude cost his team the game. You're going to fine a FOOTBALL player for knocking the crap out of someone? It sure was a late hit, but dirty? Give me a damn break. How you justify fining that is ridiculous.

I understand Allen being fined, he attempted two dangerous attacks on the QB. But why was Pollard not fined a penny? How in the hell does the commish think that hit by Thomas was worth a fine? He didn't hurt the player, it wasn't an injury attempt, nothing. Absolutely pathetic by the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft