PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Dear, Revis:

I dont believe in selling your soul for a bowl of porridge"

That has been krafts business philosophy since taking over the team. Keep Brady....sign a bunch of scrap heap and JAG players.....draft guys you dont have to pay much...AND if they do become superstars...let them walk away cause they arent paying him! Let Belichick try to turn Cinderella's rotted pumpkin into a carriage...year after year.....all to keep the Patriot Way going....to funnel more profit into Robert and Jonathan's bank accounts. Guy is a shrewd businessman ....you have to give him that. His teams have done more with LESS year after year than any other organization in pro sports....

Re: Dear, Revis:

I dont believe in selling your soul for a bowl of porridge"

That has been krafts business philosophy since taking over the team. Keep Brady....sign a bunch of scrap heap and JAG players.....draft guys you dont have to pay much...AND if they do become superstars...let them walk away cause they arent paying him! Let Belichick try to turn Cinderella's rotted pumpkin into a carriage...year after year.....all to keep the Patriot Way going....to funnel more profit into Robert and Jonathan's bank accounts. Guy is a shrewd businessman ....you have to give him that. His teams have done more with LESS year after year than any other organization in pro sports....

tumblr_mv6ah0_ZO1h1s0t6o2o1_500.gif

Like I've been saying. If anyone trades for revis you make it contingent on restructure. This can be done at 359 today, allow Tampa to get something and give team opportunity to sign revis to restructured deal

The Patriots are not paying Revis. Look at what the Patriots have done thus far in FA, they probably will do nothing of note.

It would be very unBB'ian for the Pats to sign Revis. When have they ever done something like that? Even with their own players?

Having said that, maybe this guy is the exception. He's the best corner in the league, best since Leon Sandcastle. The Pats have a glaring need now for a #1 corner. No matter what else they do, I can't see going up against teams like the Donkeys with Dennard, Ryan, Arrington, Wilson, Wilson and McCourty.

If they sign him, the other pieces they need to compete are much more easily found. If they don't, their other weaknesses (pass rush) shine brighter.

I'll believe it when I see it.

The Patriots are not paying Revis. Look at what the Patriots have done thus far in FA, they probably will do nothing of note.

I get the pessimism. But today is a new day. I believe revis will be a patriot by days end. Bb saw how Talib changed everything. Revis is better and less prone to injury.

I get the pessimism. But today is a new day. I believe revis will be a patriot by days end. Bb saw how Talib changed everything. Revis is better and less prone to injury.

Revis is about the money, the Patriots cannot outbid teams like Oakland and Cleveland nor would they try to.

It was the first day of free agency!

What if the plan was always swap Talib & Spikes for Revis & Woodyard? That would be an improvement.

It would be very unBB'ian for the Pats to sign Revis. When have they ever done something like that? Even with their own players?

Having said that, maybe this guy is the exception. He's the best corner in the league, best since Leon Sandcastle. The Pats have a glaring need now for a #1 corner. No matter what else they do, I can't see going up against teams like the Donkeys with Dennard, Ryan, Arrington, Wilson, Wilson and McCourty.

If they sign him, the other pieces they need to compete are much more easily found. If they don't, their other weaknesses (pass rush) shine brighter.

I'll believe it when I see it.

revis is not just some other player though...he's the best CB in the league . and much more durable than talib.

he is a game changer for this defense...you arent paying 10million for an injury prone good shutdown corner. you are paying 14million for the BEST durable shut-down corner.

the pats werent hesitant to pay Gronk because when healthy he is the BEST TE in the league. I dont think Belicheck would be cheap to pay premium money for the best CB.

Revis is about the money, the Patriots cannot outbid teams like Oakland and Cleveland nor would they try to.

How do you know that his thinking hasn't changed and maybe he's willing to take a little less money and sign with a contender, it's possible.

Reggie McKenzie has overpaid for Roger Saffold and has two aging pass rushers in today (Tuck and Woodley) so, hypothetically, if his recent track record remains consistent, he could spend a good chunk of their cap room on those two DEs and therefore not have the remaining money to offer Revis a mega-contract...

Oakland dropped out of the running. Cleveland has to be careful of what they pay Revis because they have to pay Hayden too. If they pay Revis $16 million a year, they will have to pay Hayden $14 million.

I still think people are just assuming Cleveland wants him because Mike Pettine is the head coach. I have never seen a team pay two elite CBs elite CB money. If they are sending out word they are interested in Revis, I think they are just using it as a negotiation ploy with Hayden who they are trying to give an extension this offseason.

How do you know that his thinking hasn't changed and maybe he's willing to take a little less money and sign with a contender, it's possible.

Although I don't know if that is true, it could be possible. He probably would never take a huge discount, but maybe give up $1-2 million to come to a winner. He can probably make that up in endorsements on a winner in a big football market rather than going to loser in a smaller football market.

Although I don't know if that is true, it could be possible. He probably would never take a huge discount, but maybe give up $1-2 million to come to a winner. He can probably make that up in endorsements on a winner in a big football market rather than going to loser in a smaller football market.

It's a totàl guess on my part man but you never know. He's not getting younger every player I understand wants to be paid, but at the end of the day they wanna get that ring too. Time will tell...

If SF gets involve, look for revis to end up there. Revis has already stated he prefers the 49ers if released on the open market.

It is very possible the Pats are looking to trade for Revis. It shouldn't be overlooked that the loss of Talib will likely lead to a third round compensation pick. By trading for Revis' big contract, he would not serve to offset the Talib loss in free agency. Is this correct?

That is correct, only compensatory free agents are considered for this purpose. But if Revis is cut, he will not be considered a compensatory free agent. They could sign him for $1B and he wouldn't offset Talilb. Only players with expiring contracts are compensatory free agents - not those who are cut.

On the flip side - Talib nets us a 3rd rounder now. If they sign someone like Wesley Woodyard to a simple $2.5M contract, he will offset Talib provided that we don't lose anyone else (Edelman, Spikes, Wendell, Fletcher). So we'd lose that 3rd round pick. Now, in that specific scenario, it's likely we'd gain a 7th rounder under the "net contracts lost" provision. But the point is that the compensatory pick situation is still in flux and very dependent on what happens down the line the next few weeks.

If SF gets involve, look for revis to end up there. Revis has already stated he prefers the 49ers if released on the open market.

They need to lock up their QB who wants 20 a year before paying big bucks elsewhere.

They need to lock up their QB who wants 20 a year before paying big bucks elsewhere.

True, but believe me, these guys are going to do whatever it takes to leapfrog seattle.

so, apparantly John Clayton on ESPN said that Revis will visit NE if/when he is released...whether that means anything who knows.

but Schefter did say look for the pats to make a big push for revis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes