PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Revis Rumors and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw Talib Schefter reporting bucs will release Revis if no trade partner found.

she's the hat check girl at Rocco's Rump Room , that strip joint in Springfield ,Mass.

6ytzg_crop_exact.jpg

Can I take your hat please sir?

No. Feck Off!

And that is her...(according to google)

Which would you prefer

1. Trade for Revis (2nd or 3rd), be on the hook for 16m per season but only committed on a year by year basis?

2. Wait until he is cut, sign him then to a contract that will probably be less per year but will no doubt include a lot more in guaranteed money?

I'd rather put the $$$ into a DE like Lamarr Houston.

The Sochi Bear would like to chime in on this topic:

Attachments

• Sochi Bear.jpg
    Sochi Bear.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 80
Belichick pulls a BB special and does the completely unexpected:

Patriots sign Talib and Revis
NFL world explodes
Bill Belichick laughs his ass off and goes fishing with Jimmy Johnson, down in Florida

Re: Darrelle Revis Available

Check out @JasonPhilCole's Tweet: https://twitter.com/JasonPhilCole/status/443199835861442560

Btw, #Bucs have unilateral right to guarantee any or all of Revis' contract this year to reduce his cap number.

Which would pass with a trade I assume?

You could guarantee 10 mill and reduce this years cap hit from 16 to 8. Problem is you just pushed 8 mill into future cap years that are already excessive.

NFL world explodes
Bill Belichick laughs his ass off and goes fishing with Jimmy Johnson, down in Florida

Would the Patriots immediately become the best defense in the NFL?
Given that the cap is supposed to increase rapidly in the next few years, doing this with high bonusses and guarantees to keep early year hits low, and set up one big dead money eat in 2016 or so is intriguing.

NFL world explodes
Keeps using Arrington in the slot
PatsFans explodes

Would the Patriots immediately become the best defense in the NFL?
Uh no, it definitely wouldn't be better than Seattle. NEs pass rush isn't even close to as good as theirs.

Uh no, it definitely wouldn't be better than Seattle. NEs pass rush isn't even close to as good as theirs.

It probably would be with better coverage.
Didnt the Patriots have more sacks than the Seahawks? Not saying that is the judgment of a pass rush but its an important factor.

What could BB do with 2 corners he could man up on anyone?

Please, Bill. This is the time to strike.

He's such a good coach, if he would just give himself some top end talent we would be in such a good position to win another Super Bowl. Just one time Bill, please. Make a big move.

Revis would be amazing, but I'd also be very happy with bringing back Talib and signing Verner. Have those 2 CBs in your secondary and I think we would stand a much better chance of beating Denver.

I don't want to get dominated by Denver again, and we probably will if we don't add some top end talent.

John Elway knows the clock is ticking on Peyton's career so he is going all out to load that team with talent, I feel we should be doing the same.

Keeps using Arrington in the slot
PatsFans explodes

Say what you want, Kyle Arrington in the slot is a very effective player. Every time he is hated on, he's playing outside.

Say what you want, Kyle Arrington in the slot is a very effective player. Every time he is hated on, he's playing outside.
I know. I like Arrington. Plenty of other people are very vocal about how much they don't, though. I just want to see how they'd react :cool:

I think Jay Glazer is about as reliable as they come and he said that Revis being cut/traded is "absolutely happening"

I think Bert Breer thinks it is realistic that the Pats are going to trade for Revis. He seems to already be setting himself up to bash the trade before it happens:

Revis is a great player, and will be no matter where he goes. But I think it'll be hard to recreate what he had in New York with Rex.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/443206279087935488

Seems like he is preparing to say that whatever draft pick the Pats would give up and Revis salary makes it a bad trade for the Pats. :D

What did the Bucs give up for Revis again?

Wow. If Revis can be had for $10-11M/year you have to go for it, even if it costs a 2nd.

Revis and Dennard outside
Arrington in the slot
Ryan #4

That is a fine secondary and actually has a chance of being healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back