PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Mevis: Doesn't want to play no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say they're at least better than 2011 although that is not a high bar to set.

And unlike 2011 this year's team can beat good teams and win on the road.

At the beginning of the season they did.

The Steelers with Ben playing will be whole lot different than Landry Jones who held his own vs the Pats. KC can pass the ball too.

I've never bought into the DVOA completely.

For example, they do not have the 4th best run D.

You can go to a number of metrics on this site and determine two things...
1) They are middle of the road.
2) They a better than average.

Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The Truth Hurts

Stats can be made to look like anything that you want.

The Jets just gave the Pats a scare. If the passing doesnt get corrected its going to bite NE right in the axx. Brady cant always bail out the team.

Stats can be made to look like anything that you want.

The Jets just gave the Pats a scare. If the passing doesnt get corrected its going to bite NE right in the axx. Brady cant always bail out the team.

What else is new. The Jets have given the Pats a scare 10 of the last 12 games.

When Revis played for the patriots, we won a super bowl and he made the pro bowl as our starting CB. Let's give the man his due respect. He was great for us. No need to bash him now that he's not here, especially all the good he did for our franchise in 2014

Since he left, the Patriots have gone 12-4 and to the AFCCG and now 9-2. Our undrafted free agent CB is vastly outplaying him the past two years. The Pats are same as they ever were. He has gone downhill. So, to your last sentence - - while he definitely helped the Pats in 2014, the Patriots did far more for him than he did for the Patriots.

But regarding giving "the man his due" I have two words: Deflategate Comments.

#*$& Revis and the horseface he rode in on.

You're prerogative to send him your own appreciation. I'll pass.

Last edited:
Its 2011 all over again. Brady is going to have to win games or else.

Like he did in 2014? When Revis and the defense **** the bed in 2 games. Down 14 twice to the Ravens and down 10 points in the 4th quarter of the SB.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm starting to doubt that he is the HOF lock that he's been made out to be.

At the beginning of the season they did.

The Steelers with Ben playing will be whole lot different than Landry Jones who held his own vs the Pats. KC can pass the ball too.

Well, Jones only had a 77 passer rating against the Pats in that game and the Steelers did have Bell who was held in check. I'm content with the road win against a quality team.

I believe the Pats are 4-2 against winning teams so far. The 2011 Pats didn't beat one team that finished with a winning record until the Ravens in the playoffs and they were very fortunate to beat them as we all know.

I bet Jones could probably get about 400 yards against the 2011 Pats defense. That's not to say there aren't serious concerns about this years D because there are... but like I said, the 2011 D is not a high bar to compare yourself to.

What does BB always do?

He always cuts guys a year early rather than a year too late. This is the primest example of that yet.

Hey fun fact! Not only do we get to enjoy that Jets shooting themselves in the foot. We got Vincent Valentine with the compensatory pick (96th) from Revis leaving us.

i wonder how much of this has to do with the fact that he got to spend a year with a team that won constantly, and won a superbowl, and then hes spent the next two years on a really bad jets team.

is it possible he found out what being a winner feels like, and now hes all bummed out because hes a loser?

Like he did in 2014? When Revis and the defense **** the bed in 2 games. Down 14 twice to the Ravens and down 10 points in the 4th quarter of the SB.

Good memory but a little short.

Revis shut Smith down in the 2nd half vs the Ravens. 3 catches for 44 yards and 1 TD. Wow.

Smith and Revis hooked up on several occasions throughout the contest, and the veteran pass catcher had three catches for 44 yards and a touchdown. The score came in the first quarter on a 9-yard pass from quarterback Joe Flacco. But Smith was held without a catch in the second half, as the New England defense shut him out in the third and fourth quarter.

Darrelle Revis: Steve Smith ‘got erased’ down the stretch

Glad the jets tampered with and outbidded us for him. Thank you jets!!

Good memory but a little short.

Revis shut Smith down in the 2nd half vs the Ravens. 3 catches for 44 yards and 1 TD. Wow.

Smith and Revis hooked up on several occasions throughout the contest, and the veteran pass catcher had three catches for 44 yards and a touchdown. The score came in the first quarter on a 9-yard pass from quarterback Joe Flacco. But Smith was held without a catch in the second half, as the New England defense shut him out in the third and fourth quarter.

Darrelle Revis: Steve Smith ‘got erased’ down the stretch

Yep not to mention in afc championship game revis held Andrew Luck to 12 for 33 with a 50 passer rating, and picked him off with a great read in the third quarter

Since he left, the Patriots have gone 12-4 and to the AFCCG and now 9-2. Our undrafted free agent CB is vastly outplaying him the past two years. The Pats are same as they ever were. He has gone downhill. So, to your last sentence - - while he definitely helped the Pats in 2014, the Patriots did far more for him than he did for the Patriots.

But regarding giving "the man his due" I have two words: Deflategate Comments.

#*$& Revis and the horseface he rode in on.

You're prerogative to send him your own appreciation. I'll pass.

Revis play in 2014 as far exceeded butlers play this year. Butler gets trashed on by tall receivers. Butler is a good number 2 not a number 1 like 2014 Revis was.

I admit I wanted to keep him but I knew they wouldn't re-sign him. Talib is only 7 months younger than Revis... Revis isn't old he is a huge disappointment. It seems like after he got paid he mailed it in. That's a great way to ruin your legacy.

From where he sits right now he's made almost $120M cash from his NFL career so I don't think his degraded legacy is weighing on him too much. He's got boatloads of money, a SB ring, and some great highlight films to carry him through his post-NFL career.

As always, Belichick let him go a year too early rather than a year too late.

Actually in this case, I don't even think he put up a good year last year.

Belichick is a genius, we're all fortunate to breath the same air as him.

Belichick is a genius, but IMHO the offer he put on the table for Revis in 2015 would not be making him look like a genius if Revis chose to take it. I think Revis's play would have dropped off no matter which team gave him a contract. The main difference is the Jets contract guaranteed him more money across more years. We never got an exact breakdown of what the BB offer was. All I found was the Jets contract had $39M guaranteed whereas the BB contract had $30M. Given this, it seems likely there would have been some guaranteed money in year 3, which means Revis still would be getting paid next year under the BB offer.

IMHO the BB offer was a lot smarter than the Jets offer, but that's a pretty low bar to meet. The offer BB made would have turned out pretty badly had Revis taken it, one of the worst contracts of the BB era.

I posted in another thread that I feel he'll retire. He clearly had nothing left. He got his money and ring. He's satisfied.

...So he does want to keep playing?

I posted in another thread that I feel he'll retire. He clearly had nothing left. He got his money and ring. He's satisfied.
We should make him a Pats Hall of Famer just to spite the Jets. You can vote someone in for spite...right?

hqdefault.jpg

I'd just say that if Revis had signed with the Patriots, he may have a different outlook on his career. Going from contender to terrible can wear on anybody.

I'm probably in the minority but I'm starting to doubt that he is the HOF lock that he's been made out to be.

His career trajectory is looking a lot like Asomugha's, and I'm not sure how many people are rushing to put Nnamdi in the HOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe