PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Darrelle Mevis: Doesn't want to play no more

Status
Not open for further replies.
His career trajectory is looking a lot like Asomugha's, and I'm not sure how many people are rushing to put Nnamdi in the HOF.

I think he marketed himself perfectly during his peak (everybody knows the term "Revis Island") in a major market and it will be pretty hard not to put him into the HoF because of those 4-5 years especially once Woody, the Jets and the NFL starts lobbying for him.

I think he marketed himself perfectly during his peak (everybody knows the term "Revis Island") in a major market and it will be pretty hard not to put him into the HoF because of those 4-5 years especially once Woody, the Jets and the NFL starts lobbying for him.

I was thinking about this very thing. Asomugha toiled away in obscurity in Oakland while Revis got to play in a big market with the biggest blowhard in sports coaching, while showing off his skills against the GOAT twice a year.

I personally think Revis and Asomugha are in the same class, but not in a class like Champ Bailey or Darryl Green or even Ty Law, who played pretty well into his 30s and has better numbers than Revis.

I was thinking about this very thing. Asomugha toiled away in obscurity in Oakland while Revis got to play in a big market with the biggest blowhard in sports coaching, while showing off his skills against the GOAT twice a year.

I personally think Revis and Asomugha are in the same class, but not in a class like Champ Bailey or Darryl Green or even Ty Law, who played pretty well into his 30s and has better numbers than Revis.

Oh I definitely agree in terms of longevity and dedication to the sport. In terms of level of performance at their peak I gotta give Revis the nod, though. It's somewhat unfortunate that he didn't have the same drive and desire as others but maybe he was simply to gifted to develop that.

Oh I definitely agree in terms of longevity and dedication to the sport. In terms of level of performance at their peak I gotta give Revis the nod, though. It's somewhat unfortunate that he didn't have the same drive and desire as others but maybe he was simply to gifted to develop that.

Definitely hard to say who had the higher peak, I think. Asomugha's 2006 season was pretty great, to the point that he hardly ever saw passes thrown in his direction; from 2007-2010, he had only 112 passes thrown his way for 41 completions. Revis averaged 93 passes thrown his way during his four year height (2008-2012). That's insane. And it kinda makes it hard to evaluate Asomugha against Revis. If Revis was an island, then Asomugha was an outpost on some icy planet somewhere.

I'm calling it inconclusive one way or the other, so I can't really argue if someone wanted to pick one over the other.

Revis' ego and attitude are his undoing, to be sure.

I know some people dislike Revis, but he still helped us win a ring. For that, I'll respect his career. Though, once a Jets always a Jets:rolleyes:

I'm calling it inconclusive one way or the other, so I can't really argue if someone wanted to pick one over the other.

It's entirely possible I am falling right into the PR machinery bias that I was talking about a bit earlier with putting Revis on top. Thinking about it you are absolutely right that it is a coinflip.

It might have been a bit more noble to simply report the issue without telling everyone you did so.

Just sayin'...
Awww is ****y boy reporting people? Yeah, he is not going to be posting here much longer.

He was legit though. Revis' three-year peak from 2009-2011 can be put against the three-year peak of any other CB in NFL history. The Jets in those days did some crazy stuff that was only enabled by Revis' ability to single-handedly erase a side of the field no matter who he was matched up against:

Revis1.jpg

Revis3.jpg

No hate whatsoever for Revis. He was a big part of the best Patriots defense I had seen in almost a decade, at that point.

If anything, I want to thank him for chasing the money and going back to New York. Helping us win, then sabotaging the Jets. That's basically perfect. lol

It will be awkward when the Jets retire his number and run through his accomplishments, the greatest being Super Bowl Champion (in the one season where he played for their most hated rival.)

Maybe Mevis will win one with the Jets before he retires.

:D

Is he going to give up all that money?

Oh man, I love it.

Revis cheated on his partner (the Jets) with the more succesful/attractive person (Pats) and had great sex (won a championship) with.

He then went back to the Jets and said "no baby, I had my fun but now it's you I want", got them to marry them (give a huge contract) then proceeded to get fat and apathetic before there was even a honeymoon.

"Mevis" has a Super Bowl ring has made over $150m and is a lock first ballot HOFer, i doubt he cares what anybody says about his declining play.
Given one of his hacked* twitter posts, he certainly does.

Anyone else secretly hoping that Revis pulls a Blount?

Maybe he's just tired of losing and the Jets cut him and he comes back to the Patriots for the vet minimum and gets his groove back leaving Jets fans completely pissed off and mystified?

That would be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back