PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan the Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you guys still listen to and read them? If they annoy you so much, just ignore them. It's not supernatural.

Seems obvious, doesn't it?

But we all have such an appetite for good sports talk and info, it's hard to resist trying sometimes. It's just too bad that "ignore them" is increasingly the best option.

The list of people whose work justifies my time is definitely shrinking.

Last edited:
I read the article and thought it was hilarious. I could practically see Shank's tears streaming down his face as he typed. What a whiny little *****. My only regret is that they don't show Belichick's press conferences from his perspective so we can see the frustration and shock when he answers their questions with "I'm just trying to prepare the team for the game". High comedy.

I think sports journalists have now replaced lawyers as the lowest form of human life. Just look at how many reports were wrong just yesterday alone.

About three Brady contract reports as well as the Heisman Trophy- Bush report.

I try not to also. Thing is my boyfriend is a Jets fan and he sent me the link to Shaughnessy article this morning. He enjoys annoying people. So, yes, he is a typical Jets fan. LOL! Actually, I think he may be making his reservation for Dallas as I type.

Greg, with you being a Pat's fan and your boyfriend being a Jets fans, I don't hold out alot of hope for you two fellas.

I'm pretty sure we have the only media in the country that actively bashes all of the home teams on a daily basis. It's sickening.

Felger the evil dbag

At least Felger is entertaining, Shank is just a clown.
Felger is evil to me..and such a SMUG self promoter is is so sad. I say evil because of what he tries to do ALL the time with this franchise..always TRYING to drive wedges between player and management ALWAYS doing that with any issue. last week when the Spikes video came out he was on it like a fly on crap..trying in every which way to drive a wedge between the player and the FO. What agenda does this dbag have?? It seems obvious to me what his agenda REALLY is...Same with the Moss comments..all the time trying to pull down this franchise. HE is an evil SOB I think it is that simple...Borges..Tomase..Felger may be the worst!! Listen to him try to take down Jonathon Kraft with his lack of knowledge of the cap?? He doesn't care if he looks like a moron..he is determined to go after this organization with venom. He does it in all ways he can...Just listen and see. So If those 4 were suddenly gone..I would not miss them at all......

I'm pretty sure we have the only media in the country that actively bashes all of the home teams on a daily basis. It's sickening.
Pretty true...and sad...

Seems obvious, doesn't it?

But we all have such an appetite for good sports talk and info, it's hard to resist trying sometimes. It's just too bad that "ignore them" is increasingly the best option.

The list of people whose work justifies my time is definitely shrinking.
I agree..and it is hard to keep away from talk..especially Pats talk..Felger is the worst I think..and I have a rule 10 minutes or until he makes a REALLY dumb remark..then another station..he is a horses's backside at best...

Well I seldom listen/read any of those moron's columns or rants, so for me they are totally invisible

All things patriots I pretty much get it from this forum I don't post a lot but an avid reader of this forum. Man now that is what I call a healthy addiction :eek: :D

Boston Globe columnist Dan Shaughnessy submitted a routine hack job of the Patriots and their methods in this morning’s newspaper. He made the usual comparisons (Nixon White House) and accusations (arrogance) and even made a statement calling out some of his colleagues in the media.

The Patriots are the Nixon White House of sports. They see demons everywhere. They bash dissent, deny the obvious, and rely on a silent majority of loyalists (including some credentialed media) to pledge allegiance.

So here’s the challenge to the bravest columnist in town (as described by his editor, Joe Sullivan):

Name the credentialed media. Call them out by name. Do it publicly. Don’t send an email or make a phone call. Just name them.

I mean, this is a serious offense, is it not? These so-called objective media members, who have pledged allegiance to the evil empire that is the New England Patriots and their emperor, Bill Belichick, need to be identified.

I like how Dan is implying his own bravery here as well by mentioning the “silent majority of loylists” – the implication being that there are only a few brave souls – including himself – who dare speak against the evil being committed down in Foxborough.

So let’s hear it Dan. Who are the credentialed media members who have pledged allegiance to the Patriots?

Don't hold your breath, Bruce.

Boston Sports Media Watch A Challenge To Dan Shaughnessy

Well I seldom listen/read any of those moron's columns or rants, so for me they are totally invisible

All things patriots I pretty much get it from this forum I don't post a lot but an avid reader of this forum. Man now that is what I call a healthy addiction :eek: :D

Pretty much the same here. I get most of my Pats news from this forum, checking Rotoworld, and sometimes reading Mike Reiss' articles on ESPN. I don't pay any attention to the local idiots (although I admit I did read the article posted here out of curiosity, but I'd never have known about it otherwise).

The article was a non-story. Dan shares that the Patriots don't share information (duh) and that he and a number of other reporters don't care for that setup (duh). Of course, he also wrote in such a way as to characterize the Patriots as paranoid, but exaggeration by reporters is so common nowadays that it really means nothing.

it's becoming so predictable and unbearable .. Im down to just Dale & Holley, then Sirius NFL Radio .. that's it ... And Reiss .. Gasper, Curran, SMY, and Breer, dear lord don't get me started on Breer ... I don't know where it went wrong with him, but in 04 05 he was decent ..

Last edited:
I think everyone here (almost) would agree that Reiss is a good example of local Sports media.

Critics will say it's because he's a "homer" who got his start within a part of the Patriots organization. But he is able to be critical, he just does it in an analytical way, hold the anger.

See, where these other people lose me is when they take the "I'm going to show I'm smarter than the Patriots" attitudes. Talk radio has been almost entirely been taken over by this, pausing only for other angry outbursts. Really it's unlistenable, though I sometimes enjoy listening to Zo & Gresh (mostly Zo) on my brief mid-morning commute. They have fun, they analyze, and their tone is never "I'm smarter."

Among print/web media. Reiss still rules as stated above -- information and analysis; it works. I still have hopes for Breer but he's prone to snarky asides in his blogs. Rapoport has gained a lot of credibility this pre-season and his blog tone is often very fun (though not silly), and he does actually report information.

it's becoming so predictable and unbearable .. Im down to just Dale & Holley, then Sirius NFL Radio .. that's it ... And Reiss .. Gasper, Curran, SMY, and Breer, dear lord don't get me started on Breer ... I don't know where it went wrong with him, but in 04 05 he was decent ..

breer wants be national and always is enamored with the cowboys and jets and others and tries to 'show off' his national knowledge in his articles...

He went to dallas wanted to be national...and his HEAD grew so so LARGE!!! Now back and..I liked him better in 04-05...

Shaughnassey a douch bag

He really is.

Long story short, I called him and left a voice mail while in AZ for SB42 to see if he knew where I could score a SB ticket. He calls back and acted like a total doosh on the phone.

I eventually scored a ticket from an ESPN announcer from Baltimore and sat next to his wife who was a sweetheart.

breer wants be national and always is enamored with the cowboys and jets and others and tries to 'show off' his national knowledge in his articles...
In fairness to Breer, his title is "Globe national football writer" while SMY and Monique Walker are 'Globe Patriots reporters'. I take that to mean that his focus is supposed to be on the rest of the league as much or more than the Patriots.

Regardless, I did like his columns and commentary much better five or six years ago.

Anyone read Shaughnessy's column today? What a whine fest! Gosh, he is such a d-bag. If he, Felger, Tomassi and Borges jumped off the Tobin Bridge, would anyone try to stop them?

Maybe Felger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back