PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dan the Moron

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, where these other people lose me is when they take the "I'm going to show I'm smarter than the Patriots" attitudes. Talk radio has been almost entirely been taken over by this, pausing only for other angry outbursts. Really it's unlistenable, though I sometimes enjoy listening to Zo & Gresh (mostly Zo) on my brief mid-morning commute. They have fun, they analyze, and their tone is never "I'm smarter."

This pretty much sums it up. The smart-a** attitude so many of these guys have around here is sickening. Criticism is fine, but leave out the snarky attitude (which is why I like Reiss for the reasons you stated).

These people who whine about the Pats not giving out information need to get a clue. They don't have to give you anything. They'll tell you what you need to know when the time is right. That's the way things should be.

If you tell me it does not bother you in the least without getting any info until the last moment like an injury to a key player then I would say you are not telling the truth.

We all know what the Pats do when it comes to injury about a player..while we all except and know the Pats way of doing its thing,its not like we enjoy it as well.

The day Brady went down and it took more than a day for the Pats to announce he was done for the season was an excruciating day and a half of second guessing and driving me absolutely crazy of the team delaying the official word when they knew Brady's season was over the minute he went to the locker room for an exam ...I did NOT enjoy the lack of info back then and still hate the wait but it is what it is I guess.

If you tell me it does not bother you in the least without getting any info until the last moment like an injury to a key player then I would say you are not telling the truth.

We all know what the Pats do when it comes to injury about a player..while we all except and know the Pats way of doing its thing,its not like we enjoy it as well.

The day Brady went down and it took more than a day for the Pats to announce he was done for the season was an excruciating day and a half of second guessing and driving me absolutely crazy of the team delaying the official word when they knew Brady's season was over the minute he went to the locker room for an exam ...I did NOT enjoy the lack of info back then and still hate the wait but it is what it is I guess.

They tell us injury information as soon as they can tell us anything meaningful. They weren't going to tell us anymore about Brady's injury before they did that you couldn't already tell by watching the replay. He hurt his knee really badly. You needed the team to tell you that?

After that it comes down to the MRI and the doctors. Once they inform Brady and the team then it comes to us. There was no real delay between the point they had meaningful information and we did.

Frankly, I am quite pleased with the way it is now. Just tell me if someone is out and when they will be back.

I didn't bother to read the column, but it seems as if Shaugnessy loves baseball and the Red Sox so much that he sees the Patriots and their fans as a threat. It's as if he is jealous of the Pats' success and is fearful that may eat away at the numbers in Red Sox Nation. Maybe it's a pride thing; Dan wants to be a writer for the most popular team in town, and one of the most popular, if not the most popular team in the country. With the Red Sox fading and the NFL season starting, he becomes far less relevant.

Why does Shaugnessy feel compelled to write about the Pats? Does Mike Reiss write about the Celtics? Does Adam Schefter give spring training reports on major league baseball teams from Florida? I don't think so.
CHB is a columnist whose job it is to offer opinion on all of the sports. Reiss and Schefter are reporters assigned to a specific sport. With that said, other than Borges and Felger, he's the most gigantic d-bag ever placed on this earth. I have an acquaintance who used to be in the NE media and was in the press box for SB 36 against the Rams. He told me that when the Pats won, Borges and CHB were so pissed off they looked ready to cry.

SPEAK for yourself...!! I would not want the team to EVER NOT do what is best for the team. ANd what is best for the team is NOT broadcasting about injuries!!! THAT I do not KNOW does not bother me..what to me is important is the team doing what is RIGHT for the team..not FOR the fans. If that goes together fine...but doing something NOT good for the team to placate fans..is DUMB!!! And that is what they will never do...

Anyone read Shaughnessy's column today? What a whine fest! Gosh, he is such a d-bag. If he, Felger, Tomassi and Borges jumped off the Tobin Bridge, would anyone try to stop them?

It's 2010. We have the internet. Columnists are obsolete, as they and their cash-strapped employers will soon discover.

It really doesn't bother me all that much. I don't feel like I need to be constantly in the know in regards to what is going on. When something substantial occurs or a decision is made, they let us know and I'm fine with that.

I'm lucky.

I'm a subscriber to the Globe newspaper (you know, those things made of printed woodpulp). This morning I was out early and got caught in a fierce thunderstorm. By the time I got back to my house I was soaked through and the newspaper, which had been lying near the porch, was just a sodden mass. At the time I was annoyed, but now I realize that there may have been an invisible force for good at work.

I won't click and read the abominable Shaughnessy any more, but I'm still kind of interested in how long it took him before the inevitable reference to baseball came into his "football" article. It's usually there by paragraph four at the latest, as I recall.

I think this article is a little sharp tongued but the points ate correct.

I remember a recent thread of how awesome bb is with the press. You pats fans think it's awesome but all you ever had is success. Which is great.

If you want to see an example of what happens to a team a town and the press when the tight lipped coach starts to loose. See Mangini's tenure in NY and Cleveland.

Now bb has done more for the pats and their fans then 100 manginis and it would take many loosing seasons before people start wanting bb out, but the main points in the article ate spot on.

I can definitely say that I value whatever miniscule competitive advantage we get from this approach (obviously thats the reason for it) much more highly than my need to know things right now.

To me, sports journalism died after those fateful days of Spygate. Every hack of a reporter has had it out for us since then and will never give up. The local ones are the worse but it all comes down to who can get the most hits on their story and who can create controversy.

damn mediots....

There've been a lot of horrible, unspeakable things said about the local media.

But not nearly enough.

These people who whine about the Pats not giving out information need to get a clue.

They don't have to give you anything.

They'll tell you what you need to know when the time is right.

That's the way things should be.

Four @#$%ing STARS, Brothah!!

What's GREAT about FootBall ~ among so many other things ~ is that it is WAR.

I don't know about y'all, but if General George Patton was standing in front of the Mike, circa 1944, and some donkey was asking him to divulge his plans for the Summer...I'd kinda HOPE that Patton would have the good SENSE to shut his Pie Hole.

But that's me.

it's only going to get worse after the miserable third place 2010 season IMO

I try not to also. Thing is my boyfriend is a Jets fan and he sent me the link to Shaughnessy article this morning. He enjoys annoying people. So, yes, he is a typical Jets fan. LOL! Actually, I think he may be making his reservation for Dallas as I type.

A Jest fan?......you need a new man.....

To me, sports journalism died after those fateful days of Spygate. Every hack of a reporter has had it out for us since then and will never give up. The local ones are the worse but it all comes down to who can get the most hits on their story and who can create controversy.

damn mediots....

Amen to that..after that Salem witch trial bullsh*t......every reporter is trying to be that fat,stinking pile of dog crap known as John Tomassho'....seriously, how does that rag the herald keep that Brady eyed d-bag after what he did?

He told me that when the Pats won, Borges and CHB were so pissed off they looked ready to cry.

REALLY?? :D

I can't claim SURPRISE...

But this revelation brings FRESH elation and joy to my heart!! :rocker:

Apparently Dan's editor came in and asked for a couple of thousand words on how the Patriots make his job tough.

I love this quote: "Distrust and arrogance are a tougher sell when you don’t have the same talent and experience."

If Dan Shaughnessy can manage that sell, anyone can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes