PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Dallas Thanksgiving Fake punt

everlong

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
The media and different fans are calling this the worst fake punt in the history of the game.

Not that it wasn't bad but this is BY FAR the worst and nothing else is even close. You could argue this is more embarrassing than the butt fumble.

It's not even close. The Punt Bungle will forever be the worst. And, as a Patsfan, the most delightful.

4th and 10 at your own 20...down 4 points?...with 12 minutes left?..and somehow you arrive at the conclusion that you should try a fake punt?

I must have told you guys and gals here a thousand times before over the many years we've been here...one of the biggest problems WE have as fans is we believe these people in the coaching ranks are on the same intellectual level as most of US. The truth is, while there's certainly some genius level H.C.'s and astute assistants across the league, there are also some of the dumbest Peter Principle clowns in sports history involved in NFL coaching. This call was beyond the valley of the morons....

I don't think the Colts play counts as a fake punt.

The whole point of a fake punt is that you line up like you are going to punt the ball. The Colts pretty obviously didn't line up like there were going to punt the ball... to put things mildly :D

why-is-jerry-jones-still-the-gm

The only success Jones had : getting Jimmy J and letting him have input to wheel & deal. Johnson leaves and they win a third with “Jimmy’s groceries”.

Jones is a loser. (I’m sure the “money makes you a winner” cavalry will show up, but...)

I can't believe Josh McDaniels called that play. Garbage

I don't think the Colts play counts as a fake punt.

The whole point of a fake punt is that you line up like you are going to punt the ball. The Colts pretty obviously didn't line up like there were going to punt the ball... to put things mildly :D
You're right they didnt fake the punt it looked they were going for it I think, or maybe they wanted it to look like they were going for and instead punted. TBH I have no idea what that was all about.

The only success Jones had : getting Jimmy J and letting him have input to wheel & deal. Johnson leaves and they win a third with “Jimmy’s groceries”.

Jones is a loser. (I’m sure the “money makes you a winner” cavalry will show up, but...)
Jones made this video when he was a kid...

Probably something to do with those 9 SBs and 6 rings, but yeah he sucks. Jesus people are idiots around here.
Imagine their reaction if Bob fired Bill.

Most HCs make more mistakes in a game than Bill makes in a season.

6 Vince Lombardi and 9 Lamar Hunt trophies in 19 seasons, including one each less than 2 years ago.
That's through Bill the HC, Tom Brady, and Bill the GM for 362 days...But NOT Bill the Draft Weekend Grocery-Shopper.

The Early Bird MUST relieve Bill of those duties, and fire Every Single Man who recommended Kneal Harry, SloJuan, Soreknee, the Little Duke, Cyrus the Virus, Glitch Richards, Dom Easily, Aaron Dropson et.al...or else he will NEVER raise another banner in his lifetime...or Jonathan's...

the "little Duke"....LMAO. Yeah, WTF was ANYONE thinking drafting this unbelievable mutt?

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back