PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler Talking Way Out of Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Cutler Talking Way Out of Denver - NBC Sports Blogs

One, was Cutler's blase, disrespectful comment about Broncos owner Pat Bowlen.

Mortenson wrote, "As for ignoring phone calls from McDaniels and Bowlen, Cutler said: 'Josh and I have exchanged text messages. We had a conference call. And if Pat wanted to speak to me, why didn't he come to the meeting on Saturday?' "

In other words, Cutler doesn't deny blowing off Bowlen. And, as far as he's concerned, if the owner wants an audience with his employee, he knows where to find him.

How Bowlen will ultimately react remains to be seen but it's a snub that a guy who was in lockstep with Hall of Famer John Elway isn't going to appreciate having a three-year veteran defecating on his forehead.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/03/15/union/index.html?eref=T1

"Do I understand about Jay being hurt that we'd consider this?'' McDaniels said. "Sure. But I can tell you that it wasn't like there was any grand plan by us to trade Jay Cutler. That wasn't the case. But when we've told them [Cutler and Cook], I think it's fallen on deaf ears.''

I texted Cutler and got no response. In his comments to Mortensen earlier, he said his time in Denver "had run its course,'' the rift between him and McDaniels is "not something they want to fix,'' that McDaniels -- in their meeting Saturday -- "made it clear he could still entertain trading me,'' and said the coach "made it clear he wants his own guy.''

I texted McDaniels, and shortly before 1 a.m. Eastern on Monday, he called to react to Cutler's words.

"Oh boy,'' he said, and sighed. "No, no, no. Nothing like that was conveyed.'' And he sighed again.

"I think the hangup is, 'Well, you considered doing it once, would you ever consider it again?' It keeps coming out like I want my own guy. Thinking we want to trade him now is totally opposite what we've been trying to do here ... We've been trying like hell for two weeks to get a face-to-face meeting.''

What frustrates McDaniels is that the two sides met -- he thinks without acrimony -- and then word gets out that there was tension or vindictiveness in the meeting. "It's hard to believe we're sharing the same intentions and can have such different interpretations of the meeting,'' he said. "When we met [Saturday], my point was, 'We all know where this was, and now we all have to try to move forward.' After we met for a while, and went over a lot of the same ground we'd been over, Jay said to me, 'Can I have a few more hours to think?' I said, 'Yeah, give me a call on my cell phone.' He never called. Bus [Cook] called Brian [Xanders], but Jay didn't call me.''
this is deja vu of the brett favre dealings last yr when ESPN got some info direct from the player after talking the something in the meetings and saying something else.

Last edited:
By report, Cutler's agent was seen visiting Buffalo.

Cutler's agent in Buffalo | Truth&Rumors | FanNation

Cutler for Troy Edwards and #11 might make a certain amount of sense. Buffalo has already signed up for a circus with the TO signing. Cutler throwing to TO and Lee Evans would be a much more wide open passing attack than the Bills would be likely to have with Edwards. Edwards, on the other hand, is more of a smart decision-maker that McDaniels seems to crave. And with the #11 and #12 picks the Broncos could really load up on rebuilding (trade up for BJ Raji and take Rey Maualuga, Tyson Jackson, or a RB with the other pick).

Not totally unrealistic.

The pivotal fact in the Cutler to Buff exchange with Edwards (Bills would probably also have to give up a pick too) is what does Josh think of Edwards? He hasn't actually been impressive. Should a rookie HC trade away a starter for someone the fans percieve as worse, things could get ugly.

Should a rookie HC trade away a starter for someone the fans percieve as worse, things could get ugly.

I was admittedly a huge Bledsoe homer and know a little bit of what you speak of.

If McKid trades away Cutler, he'd better satisfy his fanbase with lots of success, and fast.

Cutler is a punk and a loser. A career 17-20 record does not make one a pigskin diety.

The "Pro Bowl" QB produced the second rated offense that was 16th in scoring.

McD needs the guy who he will give him the best chance to win. The only fans will be satisfied is with victories.

According to Gerry Callahan on WEEI the last two mornings, this whole mess is the doing of Bill Belichick.

According to Callahan, Belichick was pissed at McDaniels for signing Paxton and Gaffney, and to get back at him, he leaked out that the Broncos were interested in trading Cutler and getting Cassel. He knew this would cause the riff between Cutler and McDaniels and throws a conference rival into chaos.

Yes, it's among the most stupid theories I've ever heard.

According to Gerry Callahan on WEEI the last two mornings, this whole mess is the doing of Bill Belichick.

According to Callahan, Belichick was pissed at McDaniels for signing Paxton and Gaffney, and to get back at him, he leaked out that the Broncos were interested in trading Cutler and getting Cassel. He knew this would cause the riff between Cutler and McDaniels and throws a conference rival into chaos.

is he a moron or what ?

Belichick is also responsible for the economy and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Didn't you know?

Anything that comes out of Callahan's mouth more foul than what comes out of most peoples' arses. To repeat anything that douche says is a sin.

Last edited:
Aparently Culter is hurt and bretrayed because the Broncos underhandily almost gave him his wish to be traded. According to John Czarnecki of Fox Sports, Bus Cook had been "begging" for a trade long before the Broncos even considered the three way trade. From his article:

Before McDaniels and the Broncos pursued a failed trade for Matt Cassel, Cook had already been begging to get his client out. Denver told him no from the beginning. But somehow Cook has been able — how hilarious is this? — to paint Cutler as some victim in the cruel world of NFL trade talk. At the moment, the Broncos seem to be losing the PR war.

I also love this:

One NFL general manager emailed me, saying Cutler's immaturity has plagued him throughout his Broncos' tenure. Consequently, prospective suitors are forewarned that Cutler may look great on Sunday, zipping passes on the field, but that he has poor practice habits, has never been a lover of watching film or isn't a leader like Tom Brady. Oh, and his won-lost record is 17-20.

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Cutler's agent Cooks up another drama

I still think the Broncos will be best off getting rid of the overrated crybaby. As the Pats showed this year, you can get into this guy's head and totally befuddle him. He probably won't face the worst pass defenses this upcoming season like he did for a large part of the last season to pad his stats.

I think in the short term, McDaniels and Xander are losing the PR battle. I think in the long term if they can get value for Cutler, they will win the war. Cutler without Brandon Marshall or a WR of that caliber, probably won't be nearly the same QB. If Cutler ends up in a division with strong defensive minded coaches like the AFC East or NFC East, and he might be exposed as the fraud I think he might be.

I still think the Broncos will be best off getting rid of the overrated crybaby. As the Pats showed this year, you can get into this guy's head and totally befuddle him. He probably won't face the worst pass defenses this upcoming season like he did for a large part of the last season to pad his stats.

I think in the short term, McDaniels and Xander are losing the PR battle. I think in the long term if they can get value for Cutler, they will win the war. Cutler without Brandon Marshall or a WR of that caliber, probably won't be nearly the same QB. If Cutler ends up in a division with strong defensive minded coaches like the AFC East or NFC East, and he might be exposed as the fraud I think he might be.

I pray that the NY Jets trade away more of their picks for this train wreck. There's hope despite the new HC, because the idiot GM remains.

I was admittedly a huge Bledsoe homer and know a little bit of what you speak of.

If McKid trades away Cutler, he'd better satisfy his fanbase with lots of success, and fast.

McDaniels doesn't have anything resembling a Tom Brady, and he's royally f***ed if he trades Cutler and the Broncos have a losing season (which they will). The only way he's going to save his job is by working things out with Cutler. Cutler knows this and I'm sure is relishing making Josh's life a living hell this season if he's not granted his trade request.

McDaniels walked into a snake pit, and were he to have anywhere near the coaching experience and wisdom BB had acquired by 2000, might be able to walk out of it alive.

It would be really interesting to know exactly who leaked the info about the trade talks for Cassel.

Last edited:
Dear Jay Cutler's Chin:

You are SO weak. Quit your trembling! Seriously.

Sincerely,

Bill Cowher's Chin

Cutler is a punk and a loser. A career 17-20 record does not make one a pigskin diety.

How many times must doubters like you be told, Cutler's arm is stronger than Elway's!

That mountain man in the orange barrel knows!

How many times must doubters like you be told, Cutler's arm is stronger than Elway's!

That mountain man in the orange barrel knows!

Well, Tom Jackson did say that Cutler was better than Tom Brady. And we know Jackson never gets anything wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes