PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler is going to play elsewhere in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd Haley is a Bill Parcells/old school-type coach...he will just push the crap out of you, to the point where you're forced to jump off a cliff(which is why Owens, and even Meshawn hated him here in Dallas). It'll be interesting to see how much mileage he gets out of Cassell in a different offensive scheme.

Beware of the Jets though...if their FO is desperate like they were last year, they'll literally be begging for Cutler at all costs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets give up the farm for Cutler, just not a Walker type of farm. The problem is Cutler will have the same problem as Favre had last year - no one fast enough to go down field for the long bomb. And the Jets' receiving corp is even weaker now than it was last year.

Cutler is Brett Favre Lite or Daunte Culpepper. I do agree he isn't a great fit for the Patriots' offense because word is he doesn't like film study and can't read defenses really well. If players like Donald Hayes, Chad Jackson, and Doug Gabriel fail here because they have problems with their presnap reads; how would a dumb QB who is lazy in the film room going to do in the same offense when he has to know everyone's adjustments.

Personally, if the Broncos can trade for Brady Quinn and they can continue to improve their defense in the draft; they could be a dangerous team this season. Quinn is perfect for McDaniels' system.

Sounds like Cutler wouldn't fare well in Minny either? Childress runs the same O that his former boss Reid does-complex, albeit efficient. It's different from the Pats O, of course, but nonetheless it's a complex scheme that requires alot of film study.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets give up the farm for Cutler, just not a Walker type of farm. The problem is Cutler will have the same problem as Favre had last year - no one fast enough to go down field for the long bomb. And the Jets' receiving corp is even weaker now than it was last year.

The Jets, at best, have been nothing but a tease throughout their history. At worst, that's where players have come to die.(i.e. Favre)

I wouldn't count the Browns out of it. If they are willing to give up Quinn and their second for Cutler that is far better than the Jets first round pick. Basically the 22nd and 36th pick in the draft.

Quinn also may already be ahead of the curve as far as what McDaniels wants to do anyway.

Denver would have a QB that wants to be there and be a starter in Quinn,the 12th, 36th and 48th pick in the draft. That's a nice way to start a franchise for Josh. Denver fans are pissed for now but they may change their tune if the coach can turn it around.

Anyone read the responses to blog link at the beginning of this post? Some of the Bronco fans are blaming Belichick for this.. Huh???:rolleyes:
At one point espn reported that the Pats (i.e., Belichick) leaked info about Denver wanting to trade for Cassel to the Globe. Apparently the speculation was either that BB doesn't like former coaches, and/or was mad at Denver for signing Pats free agents. What those Bronco fans failed to notice was that a couple days later Chris Mortenson came out and admitted that was all pure speculation - but to many NFL fans that initial report is considered to be factual now that it has been repeated enough.

The Broncos will be a far better organisation for this. Weeding out selfish and childish individuals in your organisation might hurt the team in the short term but long term, McDaniels and the Broncos will reap the rewards.

This is a great illustration of a player believing he is greater than the team.
agree

and i've been saying this for months lol

people are finally realizing what a douchebag this guy is

FOR SALE
Low mileage (non-Ford) Bronco
Moving sale (must move by NFL Draft April 25)
Dependable QB but creaks, rattles and moans abit.
Low cost - 3 years left on original contract warranty
Contact Josh McDaniels in Denver immediately

Last edited:
FOR SALE
Low mileage (non-Ford) Bronco
Moving sale (must move by NFL Draft April 25)
Dependable QB but creaks, rattles and moans abit.
Low cost - 3 years left on original contract warranty
Contact Scott McDaniels in Denver immediately

:confused: Who is Scott McDaniels?

Last edited:
PERSONAL AD
Single White Male, age 25
Denver area - (Willing to relocate!)
Looking for ‘Fun on the gridiron’ with that special someone(s).

Stable honest relationship
Monogamy

Dislikes:
Dishonesty
Confrontation
partner with a 'roving eye'

You must be:
Male
NFL Head Coach
Not named ‘Josh’
Honest
Sympathetic
Willing to make me feel special
Want to spend your whole NFL career with me

If interested, please contact agent Bus Cook immediately

Last edited:
While Cutler is undeniably showing signs of an uncontrolled ego and immaturity, I think the base of all his issues is more likely to be pure and simple greed. He is only 3 years into his rookie contract and he wants more money without putting in the effort to earn it. I suspect that his agent realizes this too, and so they are leveraging his pro-bowl appearance to maximize his value. The reason I think this is that every time I read pro-Cutler articles they are inevitably accompanied by the word "pro-bowler".

That one word signifies more than it should. It falsely promotes Cutler to be one of the top 6 QBs in the NFL, which is preposterous for a team leader who tanked the end of the season and ended up 8-8. I sympathize with the fact that Denver had no defense, but he has developed a self image which far exceeds reality, and without Hoculi's gift he would be 7-9. Yes he has a big arm, but if that is not wed to intelligence and learning he will only be a Favresque gun-slinger. It is possible that others are beginning to see this, so while the luster of Pro-Bowler bedazzles he and his agent are trying to maximize his income before it fades.

I feel sorry for Bronco fans - as he had the potential to become one of the greats but wanted to be Elway too soon, without realizing that Elway's greatest gift was never giving up. He has chosen money over learning and dedication, all I can say is Cave Emptor (buyer beware).

Its going to be interesting as to where he will go though, because few teams will want to pay Denver's asking price as well as Cutler's wage/bonus demands. Sounds to me like the Jets or the Redskins (with the Browns in the middle of any 3 way trade).

The Jets would be ironic though as they would essentially be trading for Favre-lite.

Here's my 3-way scenario:

Detroit gets: Jay Cutler

Cleveland gets: Lions' 20th pick

Denver gets: Brady Quinn, Lions' 33rd pick and Browns' 46th pick

Last edited:
I'm not aware of whether there's been any progress towards Cassel signing a contract in KC, but if it's not going well, and if Pioli has a high opinion of Cutler, I could see a deal there.

Nobody else seems very worried that Cutler may end up at the Jets, perhaps you could put my mind at ease?

I mean this is a young QB who, I think, has the ability to be a team's franchise QB for a good few years! I also happen to think he is a championship quality QB.

If the Jets manage to get their grubby mits on him then surely they're just a WR or two away from serious year-in year-out playoff contention? (With their 'allegedly' improved D.)

Please make me think I'm wrong! I'm not sure I could handle the Jets actually being good!

Nobody else seems very worried that Cutler may end up at the Jets, perhaps you could put my mind at ease?

I mean this is a young QB who, I think, has the ability to be a team's franchise QB for a good few years! I also happen to think he is a championship quality QB.

If the Jets manage to get their grubby mits on him then surely they're just a WR or two away from serious year-in year-out playoff contention? (With their 'allegedly' improved D.)

Please make me think I'm wrong! I'm not sure I could handle the Jets actually being good!

Not all that worried. Cutler seemed to be befuddled by the Pats defense last year and blamed it on a bum hand (although he did throw the ball deep even without it). Favre had problems last year because he didn't have a receiver that can go deep and their receiving corp is worse this year.

I still think Cutler is overrated. The guy has a strong arm and is moble, but isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and makes quite a bit of mistakes. He is an above average QB, but he is no Brett Favre. Favre only got the Packers more than 10 wins 7 of his 13 years in Green Bay and got 10 or more wins 9 times over the last 14 years. Not bad record in the slightest, but Favre is a first ballot HOFer. I don't think Cutler is even close.

Favre is a first ballot HOFer. I don't think Cutler is even close.

I'd actually forgotten that Favre was that good...the Jets really ruined him. I agree that Cutler isn't yet a HOF QB, he is still young though.

Even with all of those reasons, I'd really rather Cutler went anywhere but the Jets.

Not all that worried. Cutler seemed to be befuddled by the Pats defense last year and blamed it on a bum hand (although he did throw the ball deep even without it). Favre had problems last year because he didn't have a receiver that can go deep and their receiving corp is worse this year.

I still think Cutler is overrated. The guy has a strong arm and is moble, but isn't the brightest bulb on the tree and makes quite a bit of mistakes. He is an above average QB, but he is no Brett Favre. Favre only got the Packers more than 10 wins 7 of his 13 years in Green Bay and got 10 or more wins 9 times over the last 14 years. Not bad record in the slightest, but Favre is a first ballot HOFer. I don't think Cutler is even close.

I would LOVE to see Cutler on the Jets. After any adversity, he'd have a titanic melt down because of the ascerbic and aggressive NY press.

Just image the effect the fickle NY press, combined with the Jets idiotic FO, would have on Cutler's fragile mind. It would be more fun satisfying than their epic melt down last year.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back