PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler is going to play elsewhere in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only hope the the Jets give up the farm for him. Can you imagine what NYC press is going to do to this guy? At first he will be the second coming, and then when they are 4-112, they will kill him!!!!!

lol....agreed!

ps

of course mcdaniels would entertain trading for o'connell based on their past relationship.
this is why cutler seems particularly knuckleheaded, although the rumors are that he supposedly wanted out all along, so maybe this crying game is all bs.

Culter is a whiney little school girl.Denver is better off without him.Question is how much for a whiney little school girl is worth.:eek::eek:

This is good for Josh, clean out the slag and get some team orientated players in there. Might take a step or two back but in the long run its a positive.

I was thinking Cutler is the modern day Jeff George, with less demonstrated success. See how well that worked out for George in the end.

As for McDaniels, other than assuming he actively shopped Cutler then openly lied about it, which is a level of stupidity even the Lions wouldn't exhibit, what should he be doing with Cutler? The guy is a flake and openly campaigning for a trade. The Patriots faced a similar problem with the star receiver in 2006 and did what? Traded the guy.

I still think the Browns get in on this because of Quinn and Anderson. It could be a three-team swap, maybe with the Bucs or Lions again. Mangenius can toss Quinn or Anderson then fritter away Detriot's 1st rounder on another bad defensive selection in this draft that blows the salary cap.

Last edited:
Anyone read the responses to blog link at the beginning of this post? Some of the Bronco fans are blaming Belichick for this.. Huh???:rolleyes:

I have a feeling its either the jest or the bucs. I hope the Bears get him though my bros would be thrilled.

get ready to see this guy twice a year for the next decade.

although i bet you tampa bay will mortgage the house for him.

If McDaniels has any brain, he'll trade this guy to Detroit for their 1 next year and hope that Detroit tanks it enough to pick up Stafford, Tebow, or McCoy. This year's QB crop is very unimpressive. I would see if Detroit will bite on this years 2 and next years 1. Seems like fair compensation to me.

It will send a message loud and clear. They'll trade him for draft picks, sign a stop gap QB for a year or two (Garcia??) and build for the future.
The agents for Sanchez and Freeman have to be happy as one more team got into the mix. Assuming Det drafts Stafford, you have NYJ,TB,Den and poentially SF looking for QBs.... With 4 teams and three possible first rounders, look for the trading o begin with the loser looking to potentially trade down, which could benefit the Pats ( if they are looking to move up for a specific player)
Put another way, a team that might have drafted a PAtriots-type player might now be looking for a QB which takes that team out of the mix (hopefully) for a postion that might interest the Pats OT, OLB,S.....

Detroit is crazy if they do not go for Cutler full bore. They have the most ammo to send back to Denver if you are looking at a non-QB trade on picks. If not, the Browns and I think Josh takes a flyer on Quinn.
The Lions can get Smith, OT from Baylor at #1 and package #20 with another pick like perhaps #33 for Cutler. BB is going to take heat for the Cassel trade again because the Broncos will get more for Cutler. Maybe justifiably so if that is the case. Pioli-1, BB-0 is how it will read.
DW Toys

The smart play for Denver, if they really are going to trade Jane away, is to trade with Cleveland for Quinn and a 1st (or 2nd). That allows for Quinn and Simms to battle it out, while still getting a chance at another quality player in the draft.

It's completely different situations. Jay Cutler was a highly touted draft pick with three seasons under his belt; Cassel was valued as high as he was only by McDaniels.

Anyway, the Broncos had better make a play for one of those two guys next year or they are going to be in the proverbial dark ages for a while.

With potentially numerous teams in the mix, I can see a Herschel Walker-type of blockbuster deal...seriously...in the making. When all is said and done, there could be 2, maybe 3 very desperate teams who could offer as much as the kitchen sink(not just a #1 and numerous other draft picks, but good players as well). Jets? Vikings? Browns?

Denver could very well be locked and loaded come kickoff '09.

I love it. It is very Belichickian in this move. Does anyone think Belichick would have acted any different. The Broncos have reached out to the guy and he is acting like a baby. Show Cutler that no player is bigger than the team and if he can't grow up, the Broncos are moving on.

The Broncos may suffer a bit in the short term, but in the long term they will be a better team. I think Cutler is overrated and he lacks the leadership, the maturity, or the brains that McDaniels will need to rebuild this team.

Ted Thompson got creamed last year for how he handled Brett Favre, but he won the long term war. Granted McDaniels doesn't have a Aaron Rodgers on his bench, but Chris Simms might be smart enough to run McDaniels offense and be a decent short term solution.

With potentially numerous teams in the mix, I can see a Herschel Walker-type of blockbuster deal...seriously...in the making. When all is said and done, there could be 2, maybe 3 very desperate teams who could offer as much as the kitchen sink(not just a #1 and numerous other draft picks, but good players as well). Jets? Vikings? Browns?

Denver could very well be locked and loaded come kickoff '09.

I doubt they will get a Herschal Walker type of trade, but they will surely get more than Cassel. Which is kinda strange since if you go beyond Cutler's passing yards, I felt that Cassel had the better year even with his struggles early in the year.

I love it. It is very Belichickian in this move. Does anyone think Belichick would have acted any different. The Broncos have reached out to the guy and he is acting like a baby. Show Cutler that no player is bigger than the team and if he can't grow up, the Broncos are moving on.

The Broncos may suffer a bit in the short term, but in the long term they will be a better team. I think Cutler is overrated and he lacks the leadership, the maturity, or the brains that McDaniels will need to rebuild this team.

Ted Thompson got creamed last year for how he handled Brett Favre, but he won the long term war. Granted McDaniels doesn't have a Aaron Rodgers on his bench, but Chris Simms might be smart enough to run McDaniels offense and be a decent short term solution.

Isn't Cutler a gunslinger to boot? From what I've seen of Pats games, BB/whoever the OC is requires their QBs to be smart, efficient, and just take what the D gives them. I mean even if Cutler were a nice guy, I can't see him do much in a Pats-like offense.

BTW-how would Tony Romo do in that Patriots offense?

I doubt they will get a Herschal Walker type of trade, but they will surely get more than Cassel. Which is kinda strange since if you go beyond Cutler's passing yards, I felt that Cassel had the better year even with his struggles early in the year.

Todd Haley is a Bill Parcells/old school-type coach...he will just push the crap out of you, to the point where you're forced to jump off a cliff(which is why Owens, and even Meshawn hated him here in Dallas). It'll be interesting to see how much mileage he gets out of Cassell in a different offensive scheme.

Beware of the Jets though...if their FO is desperate like they were last year, they'll literally be begging for Cutler at all costs.

Isn't Cutler a gunslinger to boot? From what I've seen of Pats games, BB/whoever the OC is requires their QBs to be smart, efficient, and just take what the D gives them. I mean even if Cutler were a nice guy, I can't see him do much in a Pats-like offense.

BTW-how would Tony Romo do in that Patriots offense?

Cutler is Brett Favre Lite or Daunte Culpepper. I do agree he isn't a great fit for the Patriots' offense because word is he doesn't like film study and can't read defenses really well. If players like Donald Hayes, Chad Jackson, and Doug Gabriel fail here because they have problems with their presnap reads; how would a dumb QB who is lazy in the film room going to do in the same offense when he has to know everyone's adjustments.

Personally, if the Broncos can trade for Brady Quinn and they can continue to improve their defense in the draft; they could be a dangerous team this season. Quinn is perfect for McDaniels' system.

Cutler indeed is a turd, showing his true immature whiny colors.

At the same time, McDaniels is being revealed for his own huge ego, lack of situational awareness, immaturity/inexperience, and stubbornness.

The biggest losers here are Broncos fans. The Broncos are going to be bottom dwellers the next 4 years.

broken_record.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing