PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutler is going to play elsewhere in 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Cutler is the 00 version of Tony Eason and then some....whiny creeps like him are laughable..and it is good that Josh is cleaning house.

The Broncos will be a far better organisation for this. Weeding out selfish and childish individuals in your organisation might hurt the team in the short term but long term, McDaniels and the Broncos will reap the rewards.

This is a great illustration of a player believing he is greater than the team.

Last edited:
The Broncos will be a far better organisation for this. Weeding out selfish and childish individuals in your organisation might hurt the team in the short term but long term, McDaniels and the Broncos will reap the rewards.

I would agree. Cutler sounds like a turd. However, this is probably not the optimum way for Denver to have handled their QB situation. They are going into camp installing a new offense without an established QB. Their other players are disgruntled about the whole drama dragging on. Not optimal.

It will send a message loud and clear. They'll trade him for draft picks, sign a stop gap QB for a year or two (Garcia??) and build for the future.
The agents for Sanchez and Freeman have to be happy as one more team got into the mix. Assuming Det drafts Stafford, you have NYJ,TB,Den and poentially SF looking for QBs.... With 4 teams and three possible first rounders, look for the trading o begin with the loser looking to potentially trade down, which could benefit the Pats ( if they are looking to move up for a specific player)
Put another way, a team that might have drafted a PAtriots-type player might now be looking for a QB which takes that team out of the mix (hopefully) for a postion that might interest the Pats OT, OLB,S.....

ProFootballTalk.com - Latest News and Rumors

FROM PFT
Bowlen Says Broncos Will Trade Cutler
Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 9:14 p.m.
Wow.
The calendar doesn’t yet say April 1, but we’re not sure that the Broncos haven’t gotten a head start on the process.
In a statement released Tuesday night, owner Pat Bowlen says that the team will accommodate quarterback Jay Cutler’s request for a trade:
“Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by [coach] Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful.
“A conversation with his agent earlier today clearly communicated and confirmed to us that ay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos.
“We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded.”
Did we say, “Wow”?
If there was any doubt, the auction is open. Let the bidding begin.

It will send a message loud and clear. They'll trade him for draft picks, sign a stop gap QB for a year or two (Garcia??) and build for the future.
The agents for Sanchez and Freeman have to be happy as one more team got into the mix. Assuming Det drafts Stafford, you have NYJ,TB,Den and poentially SF looking for QBs.... With 4 teams and three possible first rounders, look for the trading o begin with the loser looking to potentially trade down, which could benefit the Pats ( if they are looking to move up for a specific player)
Put another way, a team that might have drafted a PAtriots-type player might now be looking for a QB which takes that team out of the mix (hopefully) for a postion that might interest the Pats OT, OLB,S.....
I think it could mean other things...Cutler going to a team for a high draft pick may mean a Pats type player taken instead of a QB...many scenarios..BUT will be interesting with Cutler on the market.

Just saw this on the bottom scroll of the NFL Network, they are airing the NFL Game of the Week 2004 Superbowl Pats-Eagles

What a high maintenance prima donna crybaby. I hope he gets traded to the Lions.

I would agree. Cutler sounds like a turd. However, this is probably not the optimum way for Denver to have handled their QB situation. They are going into camp installing a new offense without an established QB. Their other players are disgruntled about the whole drama dragging on. Not optimal.

Cutler indeed is a turd, showing his true immature whiny colors.

At the same time, McDaniels is being revealed for his own huge ego, lack of situational awareness, immaturity/inexperience, and stubbornness.

The biggest losers here are Broncos fans. The Broncos are going to be bottom dwellers the next 4 years.

I bet Cutler will go to the Browns!! The Browns will trade Brady Quinn to Denver!!

I can only hope the the Jets give up the farm for him. Can you imagine what NYC press is going to do to this guy? At first he will be the second coming, and then when they are 4-112, they will kill him!!!!!

He is just not that good, do you think that McDaniels would make a play for O'Connell????

Last edited:
Cutler indeed is a turd, showing his true immature whiny colors.

At the same time, McDaniels is being revealed for his own huge ego, lack of situational awareness, immaturity/inexperience, and stubbornness.

The biggest losers here are Broncos fans. The Broncos are going to be bottom dwellers the next 4 years.
Now now maverick.. no need for you to start your McDaniels hate campaign once more ;).

In a team sport, the buck stops with the head coach. I don't believe the Broncos will suffer that much with any reasonable supporter realising Cutler pigeon holed the organisation.

I believe they will be better for him being traded.

I bet Cutler will go to the Browns!! The Browns will trade Brady Quinn to Denver!!

I think you're 50% correct. The Browns could easily trade Brady Quinn to Denver. I'm not sure about them getting Cutler though. That seems unlikely with both Quinn and Anderson on the roster.

If you were the GM of another team, why would you want a player like this on your team? The first sign of adversity, and this is how he reacts. Its a sport, trade talk and rumors are a part of any professional sport. If you dont like it, join another profession. I honestly think this hurts his value. Bad for Denver I guess.

Last edited:
I guess the only way he could ever live up to John Elway was by forcing the team that drafted him to trade him.

I can only hope the the Jets give up the farm for him. Can you imagine what NYC press is going to do to this guy? At first he will be the second coming, and then when they are 4-112, the4y will kill him!!!!!

The Jets will. They are probably the only team who would give Denver their 1st round pick. They are really made for each other with complementing egos. You have a good point about when the Jets start losing. Cutler will have no media to cry to anymore.

Last edited:
The guy has a losing record, never been to the post season and I still think that Josh's view on Cutler stems from the preparation from last years game and the likely possibility that Bill did not think much of him, aside from a cannon of an arm. Of course that's all speculation and just my OP.

If you were the GM of another team, why would you want a player like this on your team? The first sign of adversity, and this is how he reacts. Its a sport, trade talk and rumors are a part of any professional sport. If you dont like it, join another profession. I honestly think this hurts his value. Bad for Denver I guess.
It doesn't hurt it much, in my opinion. If history has shown us anything, it's that the lure of what is perceived as exceptional talent will cause GMs to overlook almost any character shortcoming, short of one being homicidal (and if your talented enough, that might be overlooked, as well). This is a perfect example of a petulant child holding out long enough to get what he wants.

Just saw this on the bottom scroll of the NFL Network, they are airing the NFL Game of the Week 2004 Superbowl Pats-Eagles

What a high maintenance prima donna crybaby. I hope he gets traded to the Lions.

That would be great. I have no respect for him as a man. There are millions of people out of work and he has a hissy fit. Karma is a *****.

I'm thinking the Jets or Bucs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye