PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cutdown Day: PATS NEWS thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Care to expand on your thinking here, Illegal Contact?

Not to speak for him but IMO he thinks that Carpenter, Tarpinian and Rivera are better than White.

Last edited:
And it's confirmed, I think.

Safe to assume the safeties are all locked in at Chung, Wilson, Gregory and Ebner. Three new guys.

Hopefully this means they're gonna keep Dennard. My ideal secondary was those 4 at safety and them keeping Cole, Moore and Dennard. With all the injuries they have at corner every year keeping 6 on the roster makes sense.

Care to expand on your thinking here, Illegal Contact?

white is a special teamer only

he has been a complete liability whenever he's been asked to play defense

Hopefully this means they're gonna keep Dennard. My ideal secondary was those 4 at safety and them keeping Cole, Moore and Dennard. With all the injuries they have at corner every year keeping 6 on the roster makes sense.

Dennard is a big boy. I see no reason why he couldn't fill in at safety, if need be.

There is room on the 53 for special teams for only players. At least, that has always been the philosophy of Belichick (and Parcells before him).

white is a special teamer only

he has been a complete liability whenever he's been asked to play defense

Dennard is a big boy. I see no reason why he couldn't fill in at safety, if need be.

I agree completely which is another reason why having 6 corners and 4 safeties instead of 5 and 5 when the 5th safety was going to more or less be a ST player makes sense.

While I wouldn't want him in there a lot.. Tracy White is decent in coverage and sub packages.

While I wouldn't want him in there a lot.. Tracy White is decent in coverage and sub packages.

Wasn't it White who was about 5 yards behind BALLARD of all people in the week 9(?) Giants matchup when he scored the game winning TD? I know it is only one play, but that "coverage" left such a sour taste in my mouth.

Wasn't it White who was about 5 yards behind BALLARD of all people in the week 9(?) Giants matchup when he scored the game winning TD? I know it is only one play, but that "coverage" left such a sour taste in my mouth.

He bit on play action from what I remember on that play.

I am looking at the PS squad but Rivera made some plays inthe Giants game and didn't look horrible.

Yeah not his best moment i agree but there were alot of players not doing there job at the end of that game.. I thought he played decent down the stretch (not the giant's game). He also got a bunch on snaps in the first half of the SB. He's a very good ST guy and ok depth in a pinch is all i'm saying.

Last edited:
He's been my binky, but for now Ebner is as much a safety as Slater is a WR. Hopefully that won't be the case by the end of the year. Everyone is freaking out over the WR depth, but I'd be more worried about safety after last year's problems.

What we could use is a guy who can competently play corner AND safety (who isn't our #1 CB). If Dennard can fill that role so that we don't have to shuffle the secondary if/when ANYONE goes down with an injury, it would be the perfect situation.

He's been my binky, but for now Ebner is as much a safety as Slater is a WR. Hopefully that won't be the case by the end of the year. Everyone is freaking out over the WR depth, but I'd be more worried about safety after last year's problems.

What we could use is a guy who can competently play corner AND safety (who isn't our #1 CB). If Dennard can fill that role so that we don't have to shuffle the secondary if/when ANYONE goes down with an injury, it would be the perfect situation.

That guy might be Wilson.. he did it in college. Although I'm sure he's probably more natural at safety.

Like many I'm quite suprised by Hoyer and Branch. But really wow at Branch's cut, did not see that coming AT ALL. I'm kinda concerned over our WR depth now which was looking stellar a week ago.

I'm a bit late to the party as I haven't been around a computer since morning so could someone point me to where I could find an updated list of cuts? Thanks

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss

FB Eric Kettani has been informed of his release, source says. Has practice squad eligibility.

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss

FB Eric Kettani has been informed of his release, source says. Has practice squad eligibility.

I guess that was wishful thinking by Zolak.

Mike Reiss‏@MikeReiss

Well, there goes Belichick's post NFL retirement gig coaching squids at Annapolis

I hope Eric Kettani makes it to the practice squad.

Greg A. Bedard‏@GregABedard

C/G Nick McDonald will be on the 53-man roster. CB Alfonzo Dennard and DE Jake Bequette are expected to be as well.

potentially some trading action going on...you think ????:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft