On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
1. Titans 10-0
2. Steelers 7-3
3. Jets 7-3
4. Broncos 6-4
5. Colts 6-4
6. Ravens 6-4

Patriots and Dolphins are also 6-4 and out of the playoffs based on crushing conference losses, Colts beat the Ravens and Patriots, Ravens beat the Dolphins. Patriots must beat Miami or they are in serious trouble.

The Patriots can still win their last 6 and get the 2nd playoff bye, 5 of 6 should be enough to get in the playoffs but 4 of 6 is iffy at best to even get a wildcard at this point, the 2 CRUSHING losses to the Colts and Jets that they should of had now leave no margin for error.

Thoughts on where the Patriots finish the year are welcome.

Basically 10 teams fighting for 6 spots now, that 10th team being an extremely iffy San Diego team now.

I am hoping the Cards have nothing to play for at that point and then next week we can take care of the dejected Bills.

It all hinges on Miami this weekend. We win and I like our chances. We lose and our playoff dreams are all but shot.

Have to start with a Miami win...if not then..it could be 4th place...that simple.

Have to start with a Miami win...if not then..it could be 4th place...that simple.

Miami had its hands full today. Noway they beat the Pats on 10 days rest. when is the last time Miami beat the Pats twice in one year? Not going to happen.

I still like the Pats' chances. It won't be a slam dunk, but the two toughest games on their schedule are Miami and Pittsburgh and neither are playing all that well right now. Maybe Arizona, but they are playing the Pats at 1 PM on the East Coast in December. That will be a huge problem for them.

I am hoping the Cards have nothing to play for at that point and then next week we can take care of the dejected Bills.

It all hinges on Miami this weekend. We win and I like our chances. We lose and our playoff dreams are all but shot.

The Cards play the Giants next week, and so if they won, and San Fran lost, they clinch the division.

If they lost, they fall 3 behind New York, and potentially 2 behind Carolina. 4 and 3 technically, as they would've lost to both teams. And so, come Week 16, it is likely that they may not be playing for much.

I still like the Pats' chances. It won't be a slam dunk, but the two toughest games on their schedule are Miami and Pittsburgh and neither are playing all that well right now. Maybe Arizona, but they are playing the Pats at 1 PM on the East Coast in December. That will be a huge problem for them.

Why does the time of day matter? (Sincere question.) Because it's 11am MST? I wonder: does it have an impact that most of Arizona doesn't recognize Daylight Saving Time? When and on which day would you expect the Cardinals to fly in?

Why does the time of day matter? (Sincere question.) Because it's 11am MST? I wonder: does it have an impact that most of Arizona doesn't recognize Daylight Saving Time? When and on which day would you expect the Cardinals to fly in?

Have you been keeping up with the trend this year? I don't think a single West Coast team including Arizona that is 0-2 on the East Coast this year. Historically, West Coast teams struggle playing on the East Coast.

Have you been keeping up with the trend this year? I don't think a single West Coast team including Arizona that is 0-2 on the East Coast this year. Historically, West Coast teams struggle playing on the East Coast.

Of course. My question is about the 1p start time, though. Is it statistically more difficult than a later game? (Again, sincere Q; I don't know the answer.)

Too many games left for this kind of speculation to be meaningful. For instance, no way Baltimore stays in the running with its brutal schedule down the stretch. Try again in two weeks.

Indy is getting physically stronger each week and has a very easy schedule except for TENN. I expect them to be 11-5.

BALT has a tough schedule and could easily be 10-6 or worse.

The Jets have passed us and now a better division record.

Two of AFCE teams could make it in.

We can't afford a loss to Miami. It is that simple.

Indy is getting physically stronger each week and has a very easy schedule except for TENN. I expect them to be 11-5.

BALT has a tough schedule and could easily be 10-6 or worse.

The Jets have passed us and now a better division record.

Two of AFCE teams could make it in.

We can't afford a loss to Miami. It is that simple.

...yeah it's frusterating to have a bit of desperation now at this point when we came real close against Indy and the Jets.

Frusterating.

The Patriots need to do, however, what they have always done, and just focus on one game at a time. They have 10 days to avenge the embarassment of Miami. I think honestly we have a playoff caliber team, whether we get there or not. I would like to see this team in the playoffs and have confidence that they could hang with anyone.

That being said, short term, I agree with your comment. They need a good game plan and the DEFENSE needs to show up. Pennington has given us fits before. We need to execute.

Basically 10 teams fighting for 6 spots now, that 10th team being an extremely iffy San Diego team now.

I'd say 7 teams fighting for 4 spots. Tennessee is a lock. The AFC West will only have one team in the playoffs.

Halifax_Pats_Fan;1166485They need a good game plan and the [B said:
DEFENSE needs to show up. Pennington has given us fits before. We need to execute[/B].

Whomever lines up against Chad when he is split out in the "wildcat" needs to knock the snot out of him.......

I agree about it being a bit too early for these predictions because our damn division's just too tight. Sunday's game will be VERY telling imo, not so much because I think it'll necessarily dictate our fate but we need to see consistency. Also Miami needs to LOSE this one-I haven't seen any of their games except vs the Pats but they're definitely not last year's Fins.

Ravens have a tough road so who knows what'll happen there but freakin' Indy:mad: From the beginning when they suked I didn't trust them and every week that goes by just reinforces that line of thinking. The Colts WILL be there in the end and with a 10-0 record so will the Titans.

I'm not sure about the seeding at this point in the season but our division's an interesting battle fo sho.

Quite right, but understand that one goes to PITT or BALT. In the end, New England is competing for three spots. We have three other teams competing for the division and all of us are in a scrum for the wildcard positions, although Indy has to be heavily favored for one of them.

I'd say 7 teams fighting for 4 spots. Tennessee is a lock. The AFC West will only have one team in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents