PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Curran Knows Something

Yes. Maye has the desired size, arm strength, and mobility that you'd want in an NFL QB of today. He's also young, and young enough to sit for a year while he's coached-up and the talent on offense is improved from now until his 2nd season. Josh Allen ran a 4.75 40 during the combine. I suspect that Maye would be faster. He also is incredibly strong and I've seen him shake off defenders with regularity. Maye just had the absolute wort OL of all the QB's being discussed in the 1st round (and after the 1st round for that matter), and the least skill position talent to work with as well.
My only concern about Maye is his spirit and his perceived lack of velocity.
Even Daniell’s seem to have more mustard on their balls.

Curran has been all about trading down, now he's changing his tune? Guess what he's really all about? Clicks.
For Curran (or any other sports journalist) the beauty of this is, that no matter what happens on April 25, he can link to a previous article/podcast when he predicted the outcome - and then slap himself on the shoulder for making the correct prediction.

My only concern about Maye is his spirit and his perceived lack of velocity.
Even Daniell’s seem to have more mustard on their balls.
Maye has a cannon for an arm, easily stronger than Daniels and Williams.

CURRAN: Patriots Have ‘Full Consensus’ On #3 Pick
Ian Logue
It appears both Jayden Daniels and Drake Maye showed them enough where New England is confident neither will become disappointments at the next level, and Eliot Wolf and company seem to feel comfortable with either player.

The post CURRAN: Patriots Have ‘Full Consensus’ On #3 Pick appeared first on PatsFans.com.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

Maye has a cannon for an arm, easily stronger than Daniels and Williams.
Williams arm strength is second to Milton, maybe. But there's no way Maye is "easily" stronger than Williams.

tom curran need to keep his mouth shut...

i can see it now ... TC is going to tip our pick two weeks before the draft, and washington will steal our binkie

Curran has been all about trading down, now he's changing his tune? Guess what he's really all about? Clicks.
I think he actually finally did some homework. At first he was “We should be like the 49ers” then he realized they had mixed picks and were bad for a long time:
2016 1.7 DeForest Buckner (good pick, traded for a first)
2017 1.3 Solomon Thomas
2017 1.31 Reuben Foster (cut after 2 years)
2018 109 Mike McGlinchey (did not re-sign)
2019 1.02 Nick Bosa (great pick)
2020 1.14 Javon Kinlaw (from the Buckner deal, did not re-sign)

49ers Records over that time:
2015 5-11
2016 2-14
2017 6-10
2018 4-12

If Mayo has 3 seasons like that- he is gone.

i can see it now ... TC is going to tip our pick two weeks before the draft, and washington will steal our binkie
He said Maye and Daniels are both consensus franchise QBs among the execs. Also, he's clearly got a source and is putting out there things the Pats want out there or don't care about having out there. Maybe this is to just urge Minnesota to upping the bag, but if this is true and the Pats brass feel that both will make it in the next level, that's got to be the play. Nothing is more important to this team than getting the right QB.

Washington becomes irrelevant to that discussion. One will be there.

Not sure which I prefer.

That's what happens when you have someone connected to Mayo's Batphone.

This is all getting very monotonous. Daniels, Maye, or McCarthy? What would the bag need to be? All conjecture and speculation due to long period of no or minimal hard news. I check in every few days to see if anything's new, and same old same old. The draft can't come soon enough.

T-Minus 20 days now....

I am not convinced that San Diego The Chargers don't move up ahead of Arizona to get Harrison.

1. CHI: Williams
2. WASH: Daniels
3. Chargers trade with NEPs: Harrison
4. ZONA: Nabors/Odunze
5. PATS: Maye

What's that move gain them? #37 or #69? That's the smart play, if you have the balls to do it. You run the risk of ZONA trading out and someone else taking Maye, forcing them to settle for JJMcC.

Drop to 5, gain a second or a third, and pray?
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF

I have been saying this, but if Maye or Daniel’s is ranked sig higher on your board it’s not worth the risk.

I am not convinced that San Diego The Chargers don't move up ahead of Arizona to get Harrison.

1. CHI: Williams
2. WASH: Daniels
3. Chargers trade with NEPs: Harrison
4. ZONA: Nabors/Odunze
5. PATS: Maye

What's that move gain them? #37 or #69? That's the smart play, if you have the balls to do it. You run the risk of ZONA trading out and someone else taking Maye, forcing them to settle for JJMcC.

Drop to 5, gain a second or a third, and pray?
Jason Bateman Cotton GIF
You make that move if you’re ok with either Maye or JJ. If you only like one just make the pick at 3 or run the risk of Minnesota trading up to 4 to steal your guy.

Yes. Maye has the desired size, arm strength, and mobility that you'd want in an NFL QB of today. He's also young, and young enough to sit for a year while he's coached-up and the talent on offense is improved from now until his 2nd season. Josh Allen ran a 4.75 40 during the combine. I suspect that Maye would be faster. He also is incredibly strong and I've seen him shake off defenders with regularity. Maye just had the absolute wort OL of all the QB's being discussed in the 1st round (and after the 1st round for that matter), and the least skill position talent to work with as well.
he should fit right in then lol

It's getting to the point where I waffle back and forth from being worried of missing out on Maye, to being terrified of picking him and him turning into a big and shiny piece of crap.

And maybe Daniels is all natural talent, but won't survive the pro game.

When I saw Nix's interview, I started to go back to my position 2 months ago - trade down and get a LT & Nix in the first. With 1 or 2 solid WR's.

I believe that if Denver picks Nix, he might be the most successful rookie QB of the year.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back